Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Make sure your system did not turn lane change off after a reboot. With it on, it has worked just fine on the freeway. I haven't tried it on city streets but suspect it will not work there.

I have noticed a few of significant improvement. The most noticeable is that now when you have a situation with merging lanes that create an extra wide lane for a bit until it narrows back down to a single lane, it now drives it more like a person and stays with a lane line and does not try to go to the center of the extra wide lane. Much nicer. The other thing is that when you come up to an exit, it still wants to take the exit but quickly realizes it shouldn't and corrects. Not to smoothly yet but at least it does make a definite correction and is not undecided about it like before. The third thing I have noticed is that if it thinks you are about to collide with a vehicle it will slam on the brakes and emit a series of very loud beeps. It definitely gets your attention. I find it does a much better job of driving in the left lane next to a crash wall. It doesn't make me quite so nervous as it seems to keep a better distance from the wall.

• Informative
Reactions: chibi_kurochan
Current version works better than AP1 on maintaining the lane and autosteer. The lane no longer works - have to constantly re-engage autopilot on the highway. I did couple reboots, nothing came out of that. Will talk to Tesla.

Anything new/noticeable on 2018.16.2 or is it bugs/fixes/minor improvements? People have said that it has the same release notes as previous firmware.

Here is a screenshot link from what looks like a Model S or X: https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/attachments/9743b09b-5807-43a5-9523-152453fb00f1-jpeg.299049/

It says:
  • Owners manual now linked from the About Your Tesla page
  • Passive Entry disabled by default, you can renable
  • Mobile Connector firmware update
I'm not sure how much of that will be the same on the Model 3.