Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software version 2019.32.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just noticed that I no longer get the “preconditioning battery for supercharging” alert when navigating to a supercharger. Not sure if .32 or weather-related. No extra front motor whine either. Charging at 143 kW though so maybe just wasn’t needed. Anyone else with the same observation?
Just a coincidence most likely. Battery won’t precondition if it’s warm enough already.

2019.32.1 rolling out now. Also downloading now on our 3 I assume.

We also got the new ‘return to WiFi to get the new software’ icon which was neat. Probably have had that many times on the software page but never bothered to look since we have wifi at home. As soon as we got home, up popped the ‘software update available’.

Didn’t take a picture but the new icon looks like the download icon on Firefox. Downward pointing yellow arrow. More info when release notes available for 32.1 (if any changes).

Reactions: PoitNarf
837A6BD7-5781-42B9-A797-9F4B21ABD0AB.jpeg
2019.32.1 rolling out now. Also downloading now on our 3 I assume.

We also got the new ‘return to WiFi to get the new software’ icon which was neat. Probably have had that many times on the software page but never bothered to look since we have wifi at home. As soon as we got home, up popped the ‘software update available’.

Didn’t take a picture but the new icon looks like the download icon on Firefox. Downward pointing yellow arrow. More info when release notes available for 32.1 (if any changes).
Here’s the notes. Same as 32 with addition of option for owners to change wheel type. Cool!

Just a coincidence most likely. Battery won’t precondition if it’s warm enough already.
The couple of times we’ve supercharged since getting these releases (with pre) I wondered why the message. Car/battery was definitely warmed up. Wondered if it always put the message up even if not actually warming/conditioning. And maybe now they updated to not pop up the message if not actually doing so?

Last edited:
The couple of we’ve supercharged since getting these releases (with pre) I wondered why the message. Car/battery was definitely warmed up. Wondered if it always put the message up even if not actually warming/conditioning. And maybe now they updated to not pop up the message if not actually doing so?

Do you have early access or FSD, or is (strangely (in this case)) Norway that far behind US rollout?

The couple of we’ve supercharged since getting these releases (with pre) I wondered why the message. Car/battery was definitely warmed up. Wondered if it always put the message up even if not actually warming/conditioning. And maybe now they updated to not pop up the message if not actually doing so?

Just check your charts and you’ll see that your efficiency took a huge hit, and you’ll know it was preconditioning.

I also hear a high pitched whine when my car is preconditioning.

These are the indicators for me that it’s working if I don’t see a message.

Reactions: boaterva
I’m under the assumption “fart” is the same in Swedish as it is in Norwegian? If so, how much was the ticket?

(Wife is Swedish not me)

It is indeed the same («fart»=speed). Hadn't Tesla already implemented the «emission testing” app in the toybox, I’m sure there would be many giggle-inducing screenshots from the Norwegian translation of “Speed limit mode” etc

First of all, thank you for calling the thread 32.X so it covers all variations of 32 (minor updates) so we don’t have multiple threads for no reason.

That’s what I always do when I start one of these threads. I wish we could have some consistency with the update threads. The Tesla subreddit does their update threads this way and I think it makes sense.

That’s what I always do when I start one of these threads. I wish we could have some consistency with the update threads. The Tesla subreddit does their update threads this way and I think it makes sense.
Yeah I completely agree. Whenever I suggested it on this forum I got crucified by people new to forums saying they like having a separate thread for every version.