Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software version 2019.32.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did, I mess up my update?
Got app notification, but got unknown error when connecting the app to the car to proceed.
So I went to the car and started the install.
While leaving the car I decided to plug in the charger.
Screen in car now locked up on non responsive static charging screen, app will not connect.
Hopefully something good going on in the background. Been that way for a 1/2 hour. If still that way in another 1/2 hour, I will try a reboot.

Update: the update to .32 did install, and the app responds. Looks like they made it dummy proof. Next time I will not plug in the charger.

Did, I mess up my update?
Got app notification, but got unknown error when connecting the app to the car to proceed.
So I went to the car and started the install.
While leaving the car I decided to plug in the charger.
Screen in car now locked up on non responsive static charging screen, app will not connect.
Hopefully something good going on in the background. Been that way for a 1/2 hour. If still that way in another 1/2 hour, I will try a reboot.

Update: the update to .32 did install, and the app responds. Looks like they made it dummy proof. Next time I will not plug in the charger.

Yeah as a precaution it's best just to not do anything to the car while an update is running. I just start it and don't go back to the car until I get the notification that the update install has finished.

I just updated to this version. Nothing much there, Software update, Status bar will indicate software available to be downloaded and New language support.

Also states, "This release contains minor improvements and bug fixes", not sure what those improvements and fixes are.

Attachments

• 20190828_143332.jpg
    20190828_143332.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 125
I just updated to this version. Nothing much there, Software update, Status bar will indicate software available to be downloaded and New language support.

Also states, "This release contains minor improvements and bug fixes", not sure what those improvements and fixes are.
My car is installing this version now (I'm assuming). However, what's interesting I saw the status bar thing when I pressed Software prior to getting 28.3.1. I was just going through the menu and saw that green bar and message saying software update available. Didn't have the Orange / Yellow Clock icon. I was on whatever version right before 28.3.1. I had never seen it before though or maybe it was there but just never had pressed the Software in the menu. I was not on WIFI at the time and was just driving around and pressed it to show my wife how to see release notes.

Updated: I'm now on 2019.32 from 28.3.1

Last edited:
Also, no sub-version number. Just 2019.32.... so that’s weird. The main feature is about software updates being indicated in the status bar. Possibly this is a new update framework to make way for version 10.

I have been having a software update icon pop up at the top of the screen, orange in color, plus a notification coming in on my iPhone. I haven’t looked at the release notes yet, but will do so later. Right now getting ready for a possible Hurricane coming our way. I have free supercharging, but I hope Tesla opens up their SuperChargers to all Tesla owners depending on where Dorian makes landfall.

I installed this software this morning. It asked me to reprogram the key fob. First it didn’t recognize the key fob; then it recognized, but failed to to reprogram,the fob. At this point, the key no longer worked and was not recognized by the car. I started the car with my phone and went on my way. After golf, neither fob nor phone would start the car. Two calls to Tesla emergency service later and several attempts at various fixes, failed. Finally I tried to check to see if the phone software would work for my wife’s model 3, before reinstalling my remote control software. It worked for her car, and also worked for mine. I got my car started and went straight to a service center, asking for new keys that will work. Two hours later, drove home in a loaner.

So the moral of the story ... be careful if the system ask you to update the FOB! Thank you for this information.

I installed this software this morning. It asked me to reprogram the key fob. First it didn’t recognize the key fob; then it recognized, but failed to to reprogram,the fob. At this point, the key no longer worked and was not recognized by the car. I started the car with my phone and went on my way. After golf, neither fob nor phone would start the car. Two calls to Tesla emergency service later and several attempts at various fixes, failed. Finally I tried to check to see if the phone software would work for my wife’s model 3, before reinstalling my remote control software. It worked for her car, and also worked for mine. I got my car started and went straight to a service center, asking for new keys that will work. Two hours later, drove home in a loaner.

So just to be clear, the FOB update was for a Model S I’m assuming you own? Or you have the optional FOB for your Model 3 and there was an update for that? I only ask because that’s the first I heard of the FOB update applying to the Model 3.

This is a huge security fix update that’s why it’s being pushed so fast. Most likely in reference to the Bluetooth issues that were recently uncovered and the big vulnerability that they found with all Bluetooth devices if you notice if you have an iPhone or android phone a lot of devices today have been updated to patch that big Bluetooth bug. And when I say other devices meeting all types of devices received updates today just about everything in my home that uses Bluetooth had an update today

I track NOA lane change performance, and haven't noted any significant changes in 2019.28.3.1. What "inconsistent" behavior are you seeing? I'd like to monitor it on my upcoming evaluations.
The behavior was excessive speed when approaching both exits which has always been a complaint. However this time I couldn't assume it would exit safely so I had to take over. Happened several times on both exits. Got the latest update 2019.32 today and will report back.

Reactions: Enginerd