Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 specific Jack Pad

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was thinking about tyre rotations in directional and non-directional threads; that is, rotations that require moving a tyre from one side of the car to the other. If I am thinking about this right, since I'll be swapping summer and winter tyres each rotation I think I can work on one side of the car at at time. I just need to keep track of what tyre goes where next rotation.

I'm still not sure how to get a jackstand under the car if you lifting it from the only jackpoint?

I was trying to figure this out as well. As far as I can tell, these are the only solutions that allow you to transfer seamlessly from jack to jack stand:

RennStand by Safe Jack - 2-Pack The RennStand by Safe Jack

JackPoint Jackstands - Jack stands with Tesla Pads

Or maybe you're just a two-jack kind of household, like this guy (in which case, a couple of the adapters would suffice): Jack Stand Comparison - very commendable, but I'm not ready to store two jacks.

Has anyone used both the RennStand and JackPoints? I wonder how they compare. Both are pretty pricey, but also seem pretty slick.

I bought 4 with the free case. I will bring them if my car needs to go on a lift, for example for a safety inspection or non-Tesla service center tire repair, installation/rotation.
- A good idea, and another possible use for the adapters.

I was trying to figure this out as well. As far as I can tell, these are the only solutions that allow you to transfer seamlessly from jack to jack stand:

RennStand by Safe Jack - 2-Pack The RennStand by Safe Jack

JackPoint Jackstands - Jack stands with Tesla Pads

Or maybe you're just a two-jack kind of household, like this guy (in which case, a couple of the adapters would suffice): Jack Stand Comparison - very commendable, but I'm not ready to store two jacks.

Has anyone used both the RennStand and JackPoints? I wonder how they compare. Both are pretty pricey, but also seem pretty slick.

- A good idea, and another possible use for the adapters.
I already have 2 jacks and neither will work, so it sounds like I need to store 4 jacks.

One regular 4 ton, one 1.5 ton on risers for my SxS, and 2 low pro for the tesla? Plus a bottle jack in the trailer... Yesh!

Jack pad tools that hang from the jack points need to accommodate the differences between the Tesla chassis. The adapter pad from Rennstand has a post that will fit the Model 3 which has a slightly smaller diameter jack point locating hole than the Model S and Model X. the approximately 1mm larger hole in the Model S and Model X jack points is not an issue for the Rennstand pad.

Seems strange to me that the jack adapters are specific to S/X/3 individually but the Rennstand Jack Pad Adapter is for all teslas?

• Informative
Reactions: android04
What are the best adapters to use in a lift?

I have one Murphy's Law pad, one ReverseLogic pad, and four StreetRays billet aluminum Jack pads. Bought the StreetRays ones to use on a lift when I get wheels or tires worked on. Will use the Murphy's Law and ReverseLogic pads at home when I rotate tires or swap between winter and all-season wheels and tires.

The Murphy's Law Jack pad stays in place due to a strong magnet, and the ReverseLogic pad stays in place due to a neoprene o-ring. The StreetRays aluminum pads have an o-ring also, but do not stay in due to them not fitting as tight into the jack point holes.

The StreetRays aluminum pads are the cheapest and strongest ($21 each, $76 for a set of four). I decided to use them for tire shops as they are more likely to use them for to their perceived strength compared to the plastic ones.

The ReverseLogic pads can be bought with a screw-on extension to help the car clear a two post lift, but I figure the technician working the lift can use blocks of wood or whatever spacers they use to make any of these jack pads work.

[SR] Billet Aluminum Tesla Model 3 Jack Point / Pad Adapter Tool (Black) Qty 4 | eBay

I have one Murphy's Law pad, one ReverseLogic pad, and four StreetRays billet aluminum Jack pads. Bought the StreetRays ones to use on a lift when I get wheels or tires worked on. Will use the Murphy's Law and ReverseLogic pads at home when I rotate tires or swap between winter and all-season wheels and tires.

The Murphy's Law Jack pad stays in place due to a strong magnet, and the ReverseLogic pad stays in place due to a neoprene o-ring. The StreetRays aluminum pads have an o-ring also, but do not stay in due to them not fitting as tight into the jack point holes.

The StreetRays aluminum pads are the cheapest and strongest ($21 each, $76 for a set of four). I decided to use them for tire shops as they are more likely to use them for to their perceived strength compared to the plastic ones.

The ReverseLogic pads can be bought with a screw-on extension to help the car clear a two post lift, but I figure the technician working the lift can use blocks of wood or whatever spacers they use to make any of these jack pads work.

[SR] Billet Aluminum Tesla Model 3 Jack Point / Pad Adapter Tool (Black) Qty 4 | eBay

Between the Murphy’s law and reverselogic, which one is the thinnest.....or will give more clearance for a jack to fit under. Can you measure the thickness of both of them(not including the nubs that fit into the jackpoint holes)?

If you are looking for the thinnest jack pad, get the Murphy's Law (0.948 inches or 24.09 mm).

The Reverse Logic pad that I have is the one with the extension that you can unscrew. It's dimensions are 1.19 inches or 30.25 mm without the extension. With the extension screwed on its 1.783 inches or 45.29 mm. If you remove the rubber pad at the top of the Reverse Logic you can remove 0.083 inches or 2.13 mm from the thickness.

The Street Rays pad is pretty much a clone of the Reverse Logic as far as height, but it has a slightly thicker rubber pad on top. It's 1.225 inches or 31.12 mm thick. If you remove the rubber pad at the top of the Street Rays you can remove 0.120 inches or 3.06 mm from the thickness.

P.S. If you don't have any jack pads yet and will need multiple ones, I recommend getting the Street Rays pads because they are the cheapest and strongest (solid aluminum is more easily trusted if you want a 3rd party tire shop to use them). My only issue was that the supplied O-ring on them is not big enough to hold the pads in place on the car and it's a little more work to hold them in place until the lift/jack starts pushing on them. However, I found the perfect replacement O-rings that will hold the pads in place and let Street Rays know so that hopefully they will update their product. If you buy some of these pads and they still have the old, smaller O-rings you can easily replace them with the ones that I found to work perfectly. The correct O-ring size is 210, which has a 1" OD, 3/4" ID, and 1/8" thickness. You can probably find them at a local hardware store. Or buy online at Amazon for cheap if you buy as an add-on https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0051Y2EJK/, or https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0051Y1BF8/, or https://www.mcmaster.com/9464K31

P.P.S. Here's a picture of all the jack pads. From left to right: Street Rays pad, Reverse Logic extension piece, Reverse Logic pad, Murphy's Law pad
IMG_20180913_154425.jpg

If you are looking for the thinnest jack pad, get the Murphy's Law (0.948 inches or 24.09 mm).

The Reverse Logic pad that I have is the one with the extension that you can unscrew. It's dimensions are 1.19 inches or 30.25 mm without the extension. With the extension screwed on its 1.783 inches or 45.29 mm. If you remove the rubber pad at the top of the Reverse Logic you can remove 0.083 inches or 2.13 mm from the thickness.

The Street Rays pad is pretty much a clone of the Reverse Logic as far as height, but it has a slightly thicker rubber pad on top. It's 1.225 inches or 31.12 mm thick. If you remove the rubber pad at the top of the Street Rays you can remove 0.120 inches or 3.06 mm from the thickness.

P.S. If you don't have any jack pads yet and will need multiple ones, I recommend getting the Street Rays pads because they are the cheapest and strongest (solid aluminum is more easily trusted if you want a 3rd party tire shop to use them). My only issue was that the supplied O-ring on them is not big enough to hold the pads in place on the car and it's a little more work to hold them in place until the lift/jack starts pushing on them. However, I found the perfect replacement O-rings that will hold the pads in place and let Street Rays know so that hopefully they will update their product. If you buy some of these pads and they still have the old, smaller O-rings you can easily replace them with the ones that I found to work perfectly. The correct O-ring size is 210, which has a 1" OD, 3/4" ID, and 1/8" thickness. You can probably find them at a local hardware store. Or buy online at Amazon for cheap if you buy as an add-on https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0051Y2EJK/, or https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0051Y1BF8/, or https://www.mcmaster.com/9464K31

P.P.S. Here's a picture of all the jack pads. From left to right: Street Rays pad, Reverse Logic extension piece, Reverse Logic pad, Murphy's Law pad
View attachment 334686

That's a super helpful post, thanks for getting more information out!

Can you tell me what the Reverse Logic extension piece does?

Also, which of these (if any) come with a case? I'm going to buy at least two adapters of some sort and keep them in the car when I'm not using them to swap wheels.... I'm kind of worried about what's going to happen if I'm out and about without these and need to fix a flat tire.

Also, which of these (if any) come with a case? I'm going to buy at least two adapters of some sort and keep them in the car when I'm not using them to swap wheels.... I'm kind of worried about what's going to happen if I'm out and about without these and need to fix a flat tire.
Reverse Logic comes with a case (a sleeve and very compact!) if you buy 4. That is what I got. The extension is for model S, primarily since the S battery pack extends below the jackpoint. This is not needed on the 3.

None of mine came with a case, but PJFW8 stated that he got one when he ordered 4 Reverse Logic pads. I keep my 4 Street Rays pads in a clear plastic bag in the under trunk compartment.

The extra height of the Reverse Logic extension just helps clear a 2-post lift but is not required, since the shop that uses the lift will have spacers already to clear the car if needed.

I recall track days where you put a buddy on the front and back wheel well, yell lift now! and slide the jack underneath :)
The more refined, less macho approach is to have a short segment of 1x4 wood to lay down and drive up on. :)

I use the Murphy's Law Jack Pad and a 3.5" clearance floor jack leaves probably 3/4" clearance, maybe a bit more, to get under. Not sure how much thicker these Reverse Logic ones are, but they look like they should be okay?

Reactions: 03DSG