Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Tires, Tire Sizes, Types, make / model recommendations, tire discussions, etc

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m getting my 3LR late Jan/early Feb. I’ll keep the stock 18s for winter use and am searching for 19s. I’d have gone the P route, but really don’t want the stiffer ride and 20s on our cruddy roads. There’s a local guy who just got a Plaid and is selling his 19s with 285 40 Pzeros. I understand that the lug spacing is different, so I’d need spacers when using the 19s. I won’t be lowering the car, but I do like the idea of pushing the wheels out a bit, thinking they’ll look a bit nicer anyway. Does this make sense? Any idea what spacers?

I'm trying to decide what to replace my Conti Pro contact with and had narrowed down to Conti PureContact and Pirelli Cinturato 2.

Got the Conti PureContact LS.

Decision came down to preference for better handling , wet , snow performance as compared to the Pirelli. Pirelli is supposed to be quieter.

So, far compared to the ProContact, the PureContact's VH(Vibration and harshness @44PSI) is better. Similar noise subjectively. Handling seems to be almost as good.

Time will tell how good the energy numbers are.

Last edited:
Reactions: follow.johnny
Just back from a road trip, probably 1000 miles on the tires now. I’m not sure if they are getting quieter, we’re getting used to them, maybe a bit of both, but I think we’ll keep them. They do him a little still, but finding them better overall. Seeing 285 wh/mi so far after 1000 miles. Previously saw 260 wh/mi over 17000 miles on the OEMs. So a ~10% range hit right now but others report this improving over time.
Just in case anyone else is considering these - brief update as I have now put about 2500 miles on them.

They're still pretty noisy. If we were within the 2 month return window, I'd exchange them, I miss how quiet the previous tires were, and my family still complains about the sound occasionally. They are livable with, we've kind of gotten used to them, but had I known this about them in advance, I'd have picked something else. My driving is not super spirited as I usually have 3 others in the car with me :D

Avg power usage is 290 wh/mi, but it's winter so using heat/lights etc a lot more. I've seen the wh/mi as low as 250 on certain trips, interested to see what it averages out at over a year.

Just in case anyone else is considering these - brief update as I have now put about 2500 miles on them.

They're still pretty noisy. If we were within the 2 month return window, I'd exchange them, I miss how quiet the previous tires were, and my family still complains about the sound occasionally. They are livable with, we've kind of gotten used to them, but had I known this about them in advance, I'd have picked something else. My driving is not super spirited as I usually have 3 others in the car with me :D

Avg power usage is 290 wh/mi, but it's winter so using heat/lights etc a lot more. I've seen the wh/mi as low as 250 on certain trips, interested to see what it averages out at over a year.
:) Since you did not say what "these" are - and that info is buried many pages back in this thread - I understand that what you are talking about are Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 4 tires. Providing this just as basic info for other readers...

Got the Conti PureContact LS.

Decision came down to preference for better handling , wet , snow performance as compared to the Pirelli. Pirelli is supposed to be quieter.

So, far compared to the ProContact, the PureContact's VH(Vibration and harshness @44PSI) is better. Similar noise subjectively. Handling seems to be almost as good.

Time will tell how good the energy numbers are.

I also decided on the PureContact LS to replace my stock ProContacts on the stock 19" sport wheels. They handle great, pretty quiet for road noise and efficiency is almost the same if not better as the ProContacts. I replaced them at 35K and have driven on them for 1K.

They should be great all weather tires especially since I'm in Cali and we really just have rainy weather. The tread is rated for 70K so hopefully I can get close to that for the life of the tires.

Reactions: niray9
Greetings.

I have a Red Tesla Model 3 LR on order. (yes, i also placed order for Model S LR but not sure which year it would be delivered here).
The stock wheels are 19" Sports Wheel only with Hankook Evo S3 tyres.
Red Car doesnt look well on silver Sports Wheel and also I am not sure of longevity of Hankook Tyres and their road noise.

So I decided to backorder T-Sportline TSV 19" Satin Black Wheels with Michelin Pilot A/S 4 All Season tyres.
Here in Tokyo we see all four seasons with tempartures dropping to 0-5 Celcius in Winter and 35-38 Celcius in Summer.
So decided to go for the all season wheels.

Anyone has any experience with the 19" TSV or Hankook tyres?
What could be the upside and downside of this change from 19" stock Sports wheel w/t Hankook Evo S3 tyres to 19" T-Sportline TSV with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 4 ?

One change i already have noticed after placing the order is that 19" TSV are about 4.4 Pounds heavier than the stock 19" Sports wheel.
I am hoping they are more aerodynamic and could help compensate the added weight.

Thanks for your help here.

I am in the market to replace my OEM MXM4's at 31k miles. I am definitely overthinking this quite a bit. I had originally scheduled Vredestein Quatrac 5's for installation this Friday at Discount Tire but I am concerned about the loss of range on these tires. I also am considering Michelin Pilot Sport 4 All seasons and BFGoodrich g-force comp-2 AS PLUS which are both currently offering promotions at Costco. I know a lot of people have been recommending the Michellin's but haven't seen anything on the BFGoodrich. Also to note, the BFGoodrich would be about $130 less for the set which is why I'm considering them.

One final question, at 31k miles is it even worth contacting Michelin for a tread life warranty on the original tires?

Anticipating the day when I would need to replace the OEM MXM4's on my SR+, over the last few months I also did a lot of "over-thinking" the decision of what to buy. Well yesterday I finally pulled the trigger on a set of Pilot Sport All Season 4's. Maybe it's confirmation bias on my part, but I can already tell the difference. These new tires grip the road much better and are actually quieter than the stock MXM4's. I guess time will tell on potential range loss.

I only had 19K miles on my originals so I was keen on trying to get a Michelin tread life warranty rebate. I had seen here and elsewhere that the process had to be initiated by me the consumer, but when I was telling the guy at America's Tire about it, he said no problem he could take care of it right then and there. I ended up getting $142 per tire rebate, so I was out the door at around $550 for a new set of tires! I don't know what would happen at 31K miles of wear but it's probably worth getting your guy at Discount Tire to check it.

I am in the market to replace my OEM MXM4's at 31k miles. I am definitely overthinking this quite a bit. I had originally scheduled Vredestein Quatrac 5's for installation this Friday at Discount Tire but I am concerned about the loss of range on these tires.
The recently discontinued Quatrac 5 had a top rating for low rolling resistance in a CR tire comparison a few years ago, and I have seen some comments elsewhere on it matching the economy of OEM-special low-rolling-resistance tires on other cars.

Unfortunately, there do not seem to be many or any options besides OEM-special low-rolling-resistance tires that match the low rolling resistance and economy (and therefore EV range) of those OEM tires.

I saw a post here recently that the poster installed the Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus 3 (not 2) and got very good economy. It is a very new tire, but it appears to be only available in the 19" Model 3 size with a load rating of 98 (the 18" Model 3 size has a load rating of 94).

Replaced stock MXM4 on my Tesla 3+ a few wks ago, with the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S4.
Here is my early take.
POSITIVES: Huge improvement in traction, handling and road feel; particularly on wet roads.
NEGATIVES: Increased road noise (which I am getting used to and will eventually not notice). Reduction in milage (too early to calculate how much of a loss). Increased road feel was a positive for me, but may be a negative for people wanting the cushiest ride.
OVERALL: Very happy I made the change.

Replaced stock MXM4 on my Tesla 3+ a few wks ago, with the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S4.
Here is my early take.
POSITIVES: Huge improvement in traction, handling and road feel; particularly on wet roads.
NEGATIVES: Increased road noise (which I am getting used to and will eventually not notice). Reduction in milage (too early to calculate how much of a loss). Increased road feel was a positive for me, but may be a negative for people wanting the cushiest ride.
Interesting...
my China built M3 Dual Motor arrived in the UK with MPS4s.
They are excellent tyres.
Also have them on my other cars.

Reactions: tm1v2
Here is my early take.
I swear...MXM4 is like an anti-performance tire. Wife insisted on trying the Tesla-spec 245/45R19 MXM4 on our S P85 after the summer performance tires I was picking kept wearing out quickly. 😅 Well the MXM4 worked as advertised...long tread life, smooth ride, quiet. But terrible for grip and road feel. I hated them.

Now we have our S on all-seasons with a bit more performance focus (less performance than PSAS4 though) and even my wife is happier with them, she noted how the car driver better and feels more secure on the road now. TBD how tread life compares of course. And they're not as quiet as the foam-lined MXM4 were.

Meanwhile I'm not letting any tires with more than 300 TW touch our M3P. ;) Except for winter tires when needed of course.

Anyone have experience with these tires? CONTINENTAL EXTREMECONTACT DWS 06 PLUS

Based on my searching and comparison of ratings on tire rack, they seem to be the most suitable for my use-case.

Looking for Spring, summer, fall use (I have a separate winter tire set). Looking for good performance and handling and ideally quieter than the stock 19" tires.

Based on my searching and comparison of ratings on tire rack, they seem to be the most suitable for my use-case.

Looking for Spring, summer, fall use (I have a separate winter tire set). Looking for good performance and handling and ideally quieter than the stock 19" tires.
I have them… what do you want to know?

I'm currently running these tires in MA. Driven with them through the cold fall rain and winter snow with two big snow storms so far, and they've been great. Summer grip has been very good, better than the stock Pirelli, but they will be a touch less grippy than Michelin PS4 summers. I'd say the DWS06 Plus are one of the best performance all season tires out there.

They're also quieter than the stock Pirelli that came with the Ubertines.

245/35/20 to match the track package wheel size in the settings. Speedometer is accurate, and I gain a little extra sidewall protection going with 245 width.

• Helpful
Reactions: tm1v2
I'm currently running these tires in MA. Driven with them through the cold fall rain and winter snow with two big snow storms so far, and they've been great. Summer grip has been very good, better than the stock Pirelli, but they will be a touch less grippy than Michelin PS4 summers. I'd say the DWS06 Plus are one of the best performance all season tires out there.

They're also quieter than the stock Pirelli that came with the Ubertines.

245/35/20 to match the track package wheel size in the settings. Speedometer is accurate, and I gain a little extra sidewall protection going with 245 width.
Awesome! Sounds like I am leaning in the right direction. Thank you!