Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 wheel options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm pretty sure these covers are not meant for those wheels.

upload_2017-6-11_12-9-49.png

upload_2017-6-11_12-9-34.png

Typically the larger the diameter wheel, the shorter (lower profile) the sidewall of the tire is. While this usually improves handling, it will most likely have a rougher ride. The shorter sidewalls of the tire also don't provide as much protection for the wheel if one were to hit potholes or other road imperfections. Tire replacement costs for larger diameter wheels are also slightly more expensive. Larger diameter wheels also are typically heavier which will decrease range slightly as well.

Really no con with the 18" wheels/tires other than slightly less sporty look and slightly less handling.

great, thanks Zaphod!

Just to follow up @plankeye posted this on M3OC last week.

upload_2017-6-8_12-5-51-png.1766
I started pointing this out last week. See this post from M3OC from Thursday.

OFFICIAL Model 3 BETA Watch Thread

I also discussed it here, but I think it got moved to a different thread.

In a nutshell, yes, these are covers on the smaller wheel we've been seeing.
When will people start to learn that we CAN'T see pictures on that other forum? If you want to include them or reference them here, please *copy* it in here or put in somewhere accessible for all, then link to that. Do not link into a walled garden.

When will people start to learn that we CAN'T see pictures on that other forum? If you want to include them or reference them here, please *copy* it in here or put in somewhere accessible for all, then link to that. Do not link into a walled garden.
I just opened that link in an incognito window, and I'm able to see the pictures over there just fine, without being logged in. In what way is it a "walled garden"?

Reactions: hockeythug
I can see the pictures just fine.
I just opened that link in an incognito window, and I'm able to see the pictures over there just fine, without being logged in. In what way is it a "walled garden"?
I can not. All I get is the opportunity to buy some shirts and:
Tesla Model 3 Owners Club - Error
You must be logged in to do that.

... and that the same *every time* some one is linking to a pictures there. It has been pointed out "a few" times before.

• Informative
Reactions: garsh