Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3P-D 0-60 prediction?

Model 3 Performance AWD 0-60 Prediction (Tesla advertised) ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Mayhem

Professional F5 Presser
Apr 27, 2018
USA
Just a fun poll to judge 0-60 predictions.

I myself would like to see a actual measured (e.g. VBOX) 2.9 - 3.1 sec, with advertised 3.3 - 3.5 sec. (Tesla always almost always underpromises on 0-60).

Reactions: CaliBear1
Either way I think they are going to nerf it to not outdo the MS.

The P100D is ~2.5 to 60. They should put the Model 3 at 2.6-2.8 to 60. Make it a real sports car, bigger tires, better suspension, wider fenders, bigger brakes, better seats, fat steering wheel. Try and make their performance cars more like M-cars, AMG's, RS's. Make them worth the premium price. Don't just charge us $15k for a bit faster. The P100 is ~$33k more than a 100d with no difference other than speed. Make us a Model 3 that is a LOT faster and designed to handle the power...:D

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
I voted 3.1-3.3 and if they hit that I'd expect some adjustment to the Model S line up to prevent the Model3P from cannibalizing too many Model S sales. I predict change in the advertised performance of the Model S100D to 3.5-3.6s 0-60. We know it's been bumped up already but the change hasn't been advertised. If Model3 ends up with a sub 3s 0-60, I'd expect it's going to be more expensive than consensus of 70-75k. More like 85-90k.

I voted 3.1-3.3 and if they hit that I'd expect some adjustment to the Model S line up to prevent the Model3P from cannibalizing too many Model S sales. I predict change in the advertised performance of the Model S100D to 3.5-3.6s 0-60. We know it's been bumped up already but the change hasn't been advertised. If Model3 ends up with a sub 3s 0-60, I'd expect it's going to be more expensive than consensus of 70-75k. More like 85-90k.

Wow it would be in a class on it's own. Who would buy it? It's way too small and it looks just like the 35k version with different wheels and red calipers that's asinine.

• Disagree
Reactions: P85_DA
Really depends on what the marketing goal of this version is. If the goal is to have the best performing car in class, then you'll see 3s or something. But, realistically it's likely going to be more targeted at an impulse "I'm buying a 3 already and I can spend $10k more for this" type of buy. In that case, I'd think 3.9s will be what's advertised (even if it's a little better in practice).

50-70mph is the handy number. This tells you how long it will take to pass a car on a 2 lane road.
Anything less than 5 seconds to 60mph at a stoplight? A LEO watching can chose whether or not to ticket you.
It's not a minor offense in California. It's either:

Speed Contest/Exhibition of Speed.
Reckless Driving.
Unsafe start (try to talk them into this one).

Try to get a 22106, Unsafe Start. That's a one point, you don't get impounded, locked up, or lose your CDL. The first two? Those suck hard.

Wow it would be in a class on it's own. Who would buy it? It's way too small and it looks just like the 35k version with different wheels and red calipers that's asinine.

Well not that I really expect it to come in under 3s but at 2.x second 0-60 puts it into supercar territory. Take a look at some of the other cars here: 2 Second Cars 0-60 Times | Find Cars with 0 to 60 Times from 2-2.99 Seconds | Two Second Club

I would certainly consider it at that price. The only other car that's around the same price in the < 3.0s category is the Dodge Demon, but that car is only fast on the track, not in the real world on a regular street and at speeds that won't get you arrested.

Not to mention a Model 3P will achieve about 6-7X better the gas mileage while cruising vs Demon (13 MPG combined). Compare Side-by-Side

I voted advertised 3.3 - 3.5 sec, with actual about 2.9 - 3.1 sec. This puts it above a non P/D Model S, but well behind the P100D. The only cars similar would be the discontinued P90D and P85D, and at 3.3 - 3.5 advertised would be slightly slower than these discontinued models in ludicrous mode.... Really don't think it'll be faster, but good chance it could be a bit slower :(

Plus, I really don't see Tesla advertising a car with P & D in the model name that goes slower 0-60 than 4 sec. Just doesn't seem very P/D-ish.

And yes the 50-70 or 40-60 will be off the hook adequate regardless!

Last edited:
I know everybody's getting their hopes up for these 3.1-3.5 sec 0-60 times, but I don't think that's going to happen.

For market position, the P3D is supposed to compete with BMW M3 and C63 AMG, which do 0-60 in 3.9 sec and 4.0 sec respectively. My prediction is 3.7-3.8 advertised, just enough to beat those vehicles.

Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
Guys, Model 3 is 1000 pound lighter than Model S, it will out perform Model S like a little bitch, don't need to worry about out sell Model S when you can just mark it higher or close to Model S P100D.

My guess is lower than 2.5s

If and I say IF the Model 3 had the same identical battery pack of the Model S then I would say ....... yes.....you are correct: Problem - it doesn't. The battery pack is smaller and there are fewer cells. Soo with that said.....I don't believe 0-60 is going to go sub 3.

The current track record for the Model 3 0-60 time is 4.6, I pray that I'm totally wrong because that's the car I'm waiting for, however I can't see Performance knocking off 1.5 seconds.

I know everybody's getting their hopes up for these 3.1-3.5 sec 0-60 times, but I don't think that's going to happen.

For market position, the P3D is supposed to compete with BMW M3 and C63 AMG, which do 0-60 in 3.9 sec and 4.0 sec respectively. My prediction is 3.7-3.8 advertised, just enough to beat those vehicles.

I don't agree with your premise as the Model S is compared to what?

Are you saying that Tesla/Elon cares about the 0-60 times of another car.......so he limits the 0-60 time of Tesla to match? Have you heard of the Model S P100D?

• Funny
Reactions: GatorGuy