Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Beta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My original joke mentioned a head-strap. Five-point harness will probably work though.

Wonder how that fits with a normal child seat... Works with/replacement, ect? I know in virginia my daughter was about 8 before she was out of the any child seat. The laws there are more and more restrictive every year. Have to wonder how these fit in.

Wonder how that fits with a normal child seat... Works with/replacement, ect? I know in virginia my daughter was about 8 before she was out of the any child seat. The laws there are more and more restrictive every year. Have to wonder how these fit in.
Interesting point. I doubt they'll have airbags back there.

Hopefully there will be an option for a camera mounted inside the hatch to keep an eye on the kids. Even better the camera would be facing down when the hatch is open so you can see that nothing is in the way when you close it remotely.

It seems that the touch screen will have a driver biased tilt to it, but it's nothing too crazy like I've seen in other cars where I couldn't even operate the radio if I were the passenger. But it could be bad artist rendering. Looking at the other photos, the screen will not have that big of a tilt maybe 1 degree at the most. Is the touchscreen going use the tech where the driver sees one thing and the passenger sees another (I forget, but I think MB uses this tech in their cars) I've been looking through the design studio and I like the non signature model colors a lot more than the signature.

Oh and the charge port is in the rear tail light, the part that wraps around to the driver's side of the car and the car turns on if the key is in your pocket and you buckle your (the driver) seatbelt

Last edited:
Is the touchscreen going use the tech where the driver sees one thing and the passenger sees another (I forget, but I think MB uses this tech in their cars) I've been looking through the design studio and I like the non signature model colors a lot more than the signature.
The Jaguar XJ has it, but apparently US spec cars don't have it enabled because it is illegal to show entertainment in the center console according to the NHTSA.
http://www.autoblog.com/2009/08/09/jaguar-xjs-dual-view-infotainment-display-technically-illegal/

2010 Range Rover also has it, but also not in the US market.

The Jaguar XJ has it, but apparently US spec cars don't have it enabled because it is illegal to show entertainment in the center console according to the NHTSA.
http://www.autoblog.com/2009/08/09/jaguar-xjs-dual-view-infotainment-display-technically-illegal/

2010 Range Rover also has it, but also not in the US market.
I wonder how NHSTA feels about people web browsing then. Hopefully the system has good voice recognition. I've quite happy with the voice recognition on Android phones (of course all the work happens in the cloud).

I'm not feeling this new dashboard at all.

You are just too far away! :tongue:

Do you feel any differently after seeing all the event pictures posted recently.
By the way, earlier I posted the 'night mode' picture.
Here is the 'day mode':
day-mode.jpg

(from Model S Features | Tesla Motors )

People are used to a ton of buttons, knobs, switches, multiple displays, CD/iPod player, etc all as indicators of a decked out interior. All that stuff is rolled into the console functionality which leaves a ton of blank dashboard space. It makes it look spartan, but I'm not sure what you do about that.

People are used to a ton of buttons, knobs, switches, multiple displays, CD/iPod player, etc all as indicators of a decked out interior. All that stuff is rolled into the console functionality which leaves a ton of blank dashboard space. It makes it look spartan, but I'm not sure what you do about that.

I'm no designer, but I'm sure there's something they can do. The prototypes dash was better IMO