Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Celebrities

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess there's nothing like getting old. I don't know who Jack Johnson or Kelly Slater are. :(

Kelly Slater has won the ASP World Surfing Championship a record 11 times - he is the king of surfing. Jack Johnson is a singer/songwriter that has sold 15 million albums and an amazing person - he has quietly donated $180 million to non profits, all without a single public statement. He also donated one of his songs for my slideshow here Carbon Free Girl - but his most famous song is this one...

He was just on Colbert Report, it was pretty funny...

[video]http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/429204/september-19-2013/jack-johnson[/video]

Rolling Stone named him the world's mellowest superstar :)
martin-schoeller-jack-johnson-rolling-stone-no-1047-march-2008.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Friend of mine saw on Instagram that Jimmy Spithill toured the Tesla floor, test drove and then ordered a P85+. If you know who Jimmy Spithill is and you drive a Tesla Model S...chances are that we have a lot in common :)

I am married to a kiwi, so I was cheering for Emirates Team NZ. A billionaire who outspent, by tens of millions, a small country of just 4 million people that funded 1/3 of their sailing budget from the people. I was cheering for the little country that could. What a bummer.

Last edited:
Leilani,

Do you know if JJ ordered an S? :)

I am not sure if they have placed their order yet. I will let you know when I talk to them next. I have continued making sure all my musician friends get to take my silver Phoenix for a spin. Last night it was Michael Franti: Instagram

My brother in law Bob Weir took delivery of his dolphin grey P85+ yesterday, so there are now three S's in my family :)

Ran into world champion surfer Kelly Slater in Fiji a couple days ago, he will be placing his order soon :wink: Kelly is also a surfing buddy of Jack Johnson who took my MS for a spin after his concert a couple weeks ago. Small world.

Instagram

Kelly Slater was my surf hero when I was in high school. He is awesome, glad he'll be joining our ranks soon :)

Looks like we can add Will Ferrell to the list. In this week's issue of Rolling Stone magazine (featuring a cover story on Anchorman 2), the writer who profiles Ferrell twice mentions the actor's "electric car" but isn't any more specific than that. Given Ferrell's size (he's a tall guy) and net worth, I can't imagine he's driving around in a Leaf. ;-)

Well it's a good thing that this thread slowed down in the last months. I conclude that most celebrities that buy a car because it is mid hype cycle are done now. Model S ownership is spreading more and more towards "normal people" and that is a good thing. It demonstrates Model S as a viable product, as a daily driver, and not as an impractical status fetish that is usually assumed for celebrity possessions.

Last edited:
Was listening to Adam Carolla podcast and he was talking about Tesla and John Krasinski. Apparently the story goes that Krasinski SOLD his MS because his new MRS complained about him snapping her neck too often under hard acceleration.

<sigh> Must've been a P85.

http://famepix.blogspot.com/2013/01/john-krasinski-leaves-gym-in-brand-new.html
I happen to know :redface: that the new MRS in question is Emily Blunt. So it seems TM has lost two… :crying:

Emily Blunt - Biography - IMDb