Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Dates and Sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not kidding when I say a sick, self-depriving part of me ,
the same part of me that got me through medical school with a smile,
will miss this wait.
Let us all remember these days.
When a simple car - a beautifully, simple car -
captured our imagination, then our deposit, our passion, then our wallet, and,
throughout, our late nights plucking away about almost actually getting a car:
Got VIN?
I Got VIN.
VIN P01845, for a 12/16 to 12/30 delivery.
85 blue 19 pano air sound tech armor.

Exactly three years, six months after that deposit was well-laid.
Thrilled.

CONGRATS Jim!!!!! WoooHooooo!

Aaron

Thanks for this new email address. I have been emailing [email protected] and kept getting a call saying that me car was being built however they didn't have a vin or delivery window for me yet. Yesterday I emailed [email protected] and within one hour I got a call with the vin and delivery window. Then she put the delivery link in my garage and followed up with an email. The squeaky wheel again gets the grease.

For the spreadsheet: P1383, vin1873, delivery window of 12/11 to 12/25. It's a green performance with tan leather, 21" grey wheels and all of the extra's except kiddie seats and wall charger.
It's a nice feeling to get that VIN. I literally picked [email protected] right off the "contact" section of the TM website. I think [email protected] is to be used after the vehicle is completed and you've gone through the "Delivery" process on the My Tesla page.

I'm happy to have my VIN and delivery window. However, Tesla may want to make some communications changes to assist future customers through this phase. It was quite clear that my VIN and delivery window were available "somewhere" within the Tesla organization but only by pinging them was I able to get the notice when I did. This leaves less than 2 weeks available to prepare (financing, registration, insurance, power, parties, parades, road rallys, etc.) before the beginning of the delivery window. I wonder if I hadn't asked, when would they have told me about the process for the next step?

P2982 just received my delivery date of Dec 17-31. blue perf 85 tan interior, 21" silver, with most options. planning on factory delivery then a nice drive back to OC using the Superchargers.
woohoo!!!

Sounds like they are batching your and my car together. I have the same delivery window. No VIN yet. I plan to take delivery at the factory as well and make the same drive to OC.

Not kidding when I say a sick, self-depriving part of me ,
the same part of me that got me through medical school with a smile,
will miss this wait.
Let us all remember these days.
When a simple car - a beautifully, simple car -
captured our imagination, then our deposit, our passion, then our wallet, and,
throughout, our late nights plucking away about almost actually getting a car:
Got VIN?
I Got VIN.
VIN P01845, for a 12/16 to 12/30 delivery.
85 blue 19 pano air sound tech armor.

Exactly three years, six months after that deposit was well-laid.
Thrilled.

You won't be missing a thing. Now the wait INTENSIFIES!

I was wondering the same. To maximize end of year revenue recognition, it would make sense to push as many CA cars as possible. But somehow I doubt that Tesla would even bother playing that game.

+1 !!!

JakeP hit it on the head. If I were Tesla, the only number that amounts to a hill of beans is not Sig this, or R that or P whatever, it is December 31 and the number that goes on the spreadsheet after that date - and it better be at or above the internal goal (not what we have been told) that allows the company to move forward for shareholders, SEC, and the future.

So, if one car gets pulled out of line because of a bad tail light, or one pulled because the sensor on the glass noted unacceptable pressure, or whatever ... the next one moves up. True, P3999 over P999 is a little extreme, but - again - it is the speed of turnover and the $$ coming in.

I am P188 and I do not have my car right now. I am certainly a bit jealous that much higher Ps are taking delivery, but with that jealousy comes happiness that I know they are having. The numbers are a little out of wack right now. So be it.

1349 days. What are three more?

I was wondering the same. To maximize end of year revenue recognition, it would make sense to push as many CA cars as possible. But somehow I doubt that Tesla would even bother playing that game.

Geographical batching would maximize timing and DS efficiency. Better to send full truckloads to texas, seattle, chicago, miami etc wherever there are service centers where final prep and delivery can be done. Getting the final sigs out would be home delivery as they deserve a direct ship to get their cars sooner.

If they concentrated only on California cars, that would idle DS in other states. Better to spread out the cars based on the DS abilities to deliver efficiently.

+1 !!!

I am P188 and I do not have my car right now. I am certainly a bit jealous that much higher Ps are taking delivery, but with that jealousy comes happiness that I know they are having. The numbers are a little out of wack right now. So be it.

1349 days. What are three more?

Hey that is awesome. Plus one. I mean +1 . Bring on the wait. They can't hurt us now. 1286th day.

How about they just deliver one to Denver? One that is, say, 2 months over due?
Sorry kroneal. I feel bad for you. Has it only been one car that was "yours" that failed before delivery, or was there another, too? I hope they do something special for the last signature or two to get their cars.

Regardless, your situation was almost certainly unplanned, whereas the P4XXXs coming out now before the P0XXXs seems like something they must have expected to happen. I'm curious why. Does the delivery spreadsheet confirm the geographic batching theory?

Kroneal/derket75: When I was first complaining about the delays, everyone said "you likely got a couple of months" or "they won't be delivering a P2400 before your Sig." I got zero months difference and they did deliver cars after my original number before my Sig. It's still happening, and I hate that there are at least 3 still out there (I was 4th from the end I think). Still a fan and loving my car but I'm still writing two letters. One that thanks my DS's manager for his hard work. Second to ownership that communicates the frustrations of the mis-sequenced.