Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Dates and Sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Echo on the sad look there. I was expecting to be far enough back in line that the 60 kwh battery wouldnt affect my order. I really hope we hear something about those battery packs soon. Would love to at least hear EPA numbers.

On the other hand, it really is vicariously exciting to see so many R and P numbers being contacted today.

My advice is go to the Teslamotors forum and post your question on the Bulletin board. If enough of us 60kw's keep asking maybe they will post us some kind of answer.

Congratulations! I'm glad you're getting it before year-end. That must be a big relief.
Thanks, I'm thrilled. Also helps avoid emergency tax maneuvers. As promised, I signed up for delivery in front of the Hancock Tower (where I work, and home to Bain Capital and a dozen other private equity firms) -- partly because it's easier for me than home, but partly to attract a lot of attention. There was a gorgeous Ferrari delivered there last month; now it's Tesla Time!

Received my magic email at 5:49pm EST. P1635, non-performance 85kWh, green, pano, air suspension, Tech, Sound Studio, tan leather, lacewood, delivered to Boston. Delivery window December 5-19.

W00t!!

Robert, that is truly magical. Thrilled thrilled thrilled for you. So good. Hey I can not help but wonder - no news for me, P1079 (recall I am 85 tan pano air tech sound armor obiche gloss -Detroit I know!). Should I give them a call?

And really happy for you. The wait has been great, but the ride ahead will be phenomenal. Bravo!

Thanks, I'm thrilled. Also helps avoid emergency tax maneuvers. As promised, I signed up for delivery in front of the Hancock Tower (where I work, and home to Bain Capital and a dozen other private equity firms) -- partly because it's easier for me than home, but partly to attract a lot of attention. There was a gorgeous Ferrari delivered there last month; now it's Tesla Time!

love it! can't wait to hear the delivery report for this one :)

Clearwater we need to hang in their for our sweet cf! It's so much nicer than I've seen in other cars.

Congrats to everyone getting dates!
I'm totally with you on that! I can feel things starting to move now with "P's" being notified. My wife and I had a chance to drive the car and see a number of different configurations at Test Drive. I stand by our option choices. I as well am excited for everybody who is getting their cars. We are all part of history in the making. It will be a great "ride"

CF is slow to produce compared to other materials and, from my reading, seems to very difficult to achieve consistent quality.

The story I heard is that they couldn't produce high quality CF at the planned production rate, so they had to get a second mold set made. That takes weeks. Presumably that's all sorted out by now, but of course there's now a backlog to clear.

Just as an FYI, I am P210, and I called today. They had no info for me. They gave me a probably December with no details. I have performance and no carbon fiber.

Happy for those 2000+ getting emails, but feeling a little shorted like the sigs did. I put the deposit down 7:30am the morning I saw the press release 3.5 years ago. I would hope I would see the car this year.

I am in Kentucky a bit out of the way. Wonder if location batching is the problem for me.

I got a VIN tonight! 01527. More info to come. P983 PERFORMANCE. No CF.

Did you get a date range?

P.S. All this info is giving my spreadsheet quite the workout. If any Tesla employees are reading this and my spreadsheet has been a thorn in your side for a while, you can feel satisfied that you've made my job very difficult this week ;)

Last edited:
Just as an FYI, I am P210, and I called today. They had no info for me. They gave me a probably December with no details. I have performance and no carbon fiber.

Happy for those 2000+ getting emails, but feeling a little shorted like the sigs did. I put the deposit down 7:30am the morning I saw the press release 3.5 years ago. I would hope I would see the car this year.

I am in Kentucky a bit out of the way. Wonder if location batching is the problem for me.
What size battery pack?

Guessing:
There were lots of cancellations accumulated over 3.5 years in the first 2500 non-sig, R and P cars. Example: I was told by a reliable Tesla rep (VP) that there were 400 non-cancelled R's, but there were many more than 400 R's sequenced. Same for P's, I suspect. And they are ramping up -BIGTIME. and they are all 85s so far - I was told 3 weeks ago that 60s would not be touched until January, which was new then. And they have been holding cars while the last sigs, as feasible, hit the road. As a result, we see Tesla flying thru the R's and now well-into the Ps. Here we go.

Are these not great days? Remember the first day you signed n here and were a little surprised to discover there was a whole network of like-minded zealots? Remember e first few posts in July from the first few owners? Pioneers like Ron and Barbara, Dadaleus, and many others. My number will come. Got my popcorn again and ready to watch everyone else's delivery announcements fly. Bring it on.