Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Hold Week of July 19 2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are Plaids deliveries on hold? I have a friend that is waiting to take delivery of his Plaid in Cleveland but they can’t’ sell it to him. They said there is a computer glitch on Tesla’s side. It can’t be approved to delivery until they fix it. He is upset.

• Disagree
Reactions: hollow23
Since there seems to be a (nationwide?) delivery hold on the Model S this week. There are at least three of four of us on this forum that were supposed to get our cars this week but have been told there was a delivery hold from Engineering at Fremont. Someone said it was related to a charge port, some other said it might be software related. So I thought I'd create a new thread on this so we can have all info on one thread since the main "Model S Delivery Update" is soo active it's hard to keep track of.

Mine was supposed to be delivered today (Monday 7/19 at 10AM CST) but got a call around 11:45AM from the delivery center saying that they've been told to hold the vehicle for further inspection and could not give me any specifics. My delivery date has been rescheduled to 7/24.

If you have any updates, please post them here.

Since there seems to be a (nationwide?) delivery hold on the Model S this week. There are at least three of four of us on this forum that were supposed to get our cars this week but have been told there was a delivery hold from Engineering at Fremont. Someone said it was related to a charge port, some other said it might be software related. So I thought I'd create a new thread on this so we can have all info on one thread since the main "Model S Delivery Update" is soo active it's hard to keep track of.

Mine was supposed to be delivered today (Monday 7/19 at 10AM CST) but got a call around 11:45AM from the delivery center saying that they've been told to hold the vehicle for further inspection and could not give me any specifics. My delivery date has been rescheduled to 7/24.

If you have any updates, please post them here.
Thanks for creating the thread. My 7/18 appt was pushed out due to the hold and rescheduled to 7/24 as a placeholder. But that disappeared today with estimated delivery now 7/19-22. Whatever the delay, seems like they anticipate it will only be a few days. The operations guy was only speculating that it was software as apparently that is typical and it happens all the time. He even said one time that someone was actively taking delivery and in the driver’s seat when Fremont put a hold on it!

Thanks for creating the thread. My 7/18 appt was pushed out due to the hold and rescheduled to 7/24 as a placeholder. But that disappeared today with estimated delivery now 7/19-22. Whatever the delay, seems like they anticipate it will only be a few days. The operations guy was only speculating that it was software as apparently that is typical and it happens all the time. He even said one time that someone was actively taking delivery and in the driver’s seat when Fremont put a hold on it!
Damn, I'd be so pissed if that was me! lol

Reactions: JimLL
I have a delivery appointment on Friday, July 23 and do know for a fact that my car will get to my local SC (Rockville) on Wednesday (July 21). I have not been notified of any delays and will swing by the SC tomorrow to speak to the folks to double check.
Mine arrived at the SC last Thursday! Hopefully issue is resolved by the 23rd so no issue for you.

ETD got updated to 7/24
1626743787066.png

My delivery appointment was last Sunday (they first told me last Friday) but then told it was on hold. Current EDD: July 19-22. It's been pushed out a day every day since Friday. SA said it was a "software issue" but they had limited information. Said they hoped to know more Tuesday (tomorrow) and delivery would hopefully be in just a few days except maybe it could be next week...

Last edited:
FWIW, my car got to the local delivery center mid-week last week, and even though my delivery was supposed to be today (7/19/21) at 10AM, I wasn't told about the delay until 11:45AM today... I even called them around 11AM and they checked with the local delivery center and told me the car was still being detailed and wasn't quite ready but should be by noon! Yet, 45 minutes later the guy called and tole me the bad news

• Informative
Reactions: Tigers and TNGuy99
My delivery appointment was last Sunday (they first told me last Friday) but then told it was on hold. Current EDD: July 19-22. It's been pushed out a day every day since Friday. SA said it was a "software issue" but they had limited information. Said they hoped to know more Tuesday (tomorrow) and delivery would hopefully be in just a few days except maybe it could be next week...
Wow so the hold started since last weekend!? Damn, that doesn't sound too good...

Reactions: Tigers
Yes my car was in transit all week so I suspect it was from builds a few weeks back. He said mine is ready to go on their end and as soon as the hold clears they will set up deliver. As said above hopefully it is only a few days. My appointment went from tomorrow to Thursday but they said it was simply a placeholder and they would call as soon as they have more information.

This is probably an issue raised by Tesla QA for this recent batch built in the first week of July. I know that my car’s build date was July 8. So, as soon as the local SCs have the instructions for the local testing and fix, we should be on our way. I don’t see this delay going beyond this week. Famous last words, I’m sure 😀!
My unsubstantiated speculation is they used substitute chips and must finalize new firmware or whatever for them,

Reactions: MrExitStrategy
I have a delivery appointment on Friday, July 23 and do know for a fact that my car will get to my local SC (Rockville) on Wednesday (July 21). I have not been notified of any delays and will swing by the SC tomorrow to speak to the folks to double check.
Well you know I’m going to appreciate hearing anything you find out. 😜
Still no delivery appointment for me and it still says 7/19-7/24.

Thank you for creating this thread, I needed a counseling group! I had my Plaid delivery appointment scheduled for this past Sunday 7/18. When I showed up I was told I couldn’t take it home because it was in containment, no explanation given. Not sure why they didn’t call to tell me! After I saw my delivery updated to 7/20 I called the delivery center for an update yesterday they told me there was no estimated date when it’ll be done, they’ll just keep pushing it back day by day. Sure enough mine now shows 7/21 but it might as well say nothing. I saw Omar posted that there was a SW update on his Plaid this morning, fingers crossed that’s the hold up but I have no clue

Thank you for creating this thread, I needed a counseling group! I had my Plaid delivery appointment scheduled for this past Sunday 7/18. When I showed up I was told I couldn’t take it home because it was in containment, no explanation given. Not sure why they didn’t call to tell me! After I saw my delivery updated to 7/20 I called the delivery center for an update yesterday they told me there was no estimated date when it’ll be done, they’ll just keep pushing it back day by day. Sure enough mine now shows 7/21 but it might as well say nothing. I saw Omar posted that there was a SW update on his Plaid this morning, fingers crossed that’s the hold up but I have no clue
Talk about needing counseling, my EDD range starts in the past! 🤣