Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model s Delivery question??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I have filled in the delivery detail. The delivery team sent me an email saying that the estimated delivery is going to be March 13 - March 27. I want to know are those estimated delivery dates are actually accurate?

Thanks you

They appear to be fairly accurate. Mine is sitting at the service centre waiting for the paperwork to be completed. As best I can tell it arrived there close to the centre of the delivery window. What can delay the delivery, other than the paperwork, is not passing the quality inspections and parts availability. These seem to be less common now then they were a few months ago.

They appear to be fairly accurate. Mine is sitting at the service centre waiting for the paperwork to be completed. As best I can tell it arrived there close to the centre of the delivery window. What can delay the delivery, other than the paperwork, is not passing the quality inspections and parts availability. These seem to be less common now then they were a few months ago.

I can't say how many are getting their MS in the window, but for me and few others, Tesla missed the window. my seq is 12,8xx, signed pre-MVPA 1/7/13 and was given a delivery window of 2/2-2/16. Just got my VIN on 2/15, but no final papers yet. I have been in close contact with my DS. they also told me that my car won't be completed until next week. Since I'm doing factory pick up, I'm looking at about a week delay. If it had to be shipped across country, I'm guessing that it would another week of delay. There was no delay from parts shortage from what they told me. My only guess as to why mine was delayed a bit is because they were making a bunch of 60kw battery versions just before they started mine, so I assume they were just trying to catch up. hopefully there won't be too many more cars being delayed.

I am 20 miles from Fremont. Mine came on 2/10/13, 5 days after the window closed. I could have had it a day earlier if I had gone to Fremont to pick it up. I did get it with the jumper seats installed, when they originally told me they were back ordered and would come in late March. My DS delivered on Sunday because it was late.

I am 20 miles from Fremont. Mine came on 2/10/13, 5 days after the window closed. I could have had it a day earlier if I had gone to Fremont to pick it up. I did get it with the jumper seats installed, when they originally told me they were back ordered and would come in late March. My DS delivered on Sunday because it was late.

@astrotoy...looks like I may be getting mine about 5-7 days after my window. you mentioned it took one day longer to get your car. how was it delivered? was the DS able to go over the vehicle with you? and how long did that take? and were they able to accommodate your time frame for delivery? sorry for all the questions, but I may have to get mine delivered depending on when the vehicle is completed, etc....thanks in advance.

I am getting mine tomorrow, Sunday, and that is exactly a week after my window. I'm OK with that, as long as I get a car without a due bill. We'll see what happens tomorrow. We are going to take the LEAF to Bellevue, get the car, have a nice lunch while the LEAF charges, and EV convoy home. Guess my wife and I will flip a coin to see who gets which.