Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got caught in the contract system being down. So I was delayed a day. But they offered a loaner S if I needed it. Today took a while as they had the wrong price. So my 3:30 appt didn’t end until 5:30. Around 5 pm I looked over the car and everything was in tip top shape. I will use this week to go over the car with a fine tooth comb.

Because of the snafu they gave me 2 years of free service.

I was upset at the delay. But as expected once I was in my car, the stress melted away and I was in heaven.

For those about to take delivery with PUP already ordered, I’d be interested if you are able to get them to lower the sale price to what it would be now with PUP standard. Good luck out there.

I just emailed my sales guy to see if he can adjust the final price of the model S that I ordered in June..I would rather trade off a few more weeks of my car being built to save a couple thousand dollars.

I got caught in the contract system being down. So I was delayed a day. But they offered a loaner S if I needed it. Today took a while as they had the wrong price. So my 3:30 appt didn’t end until 5:30. Around 5 pm I looked over the car and everything was in tip top shape. I will use this week to go over the car with a fine tooth comb.

Because of the snafu they gave me 2 years of free service.

I was upset at the delay. But as expected once I was in my car, the stress melted away and I was in heaven.
Wrong price - wow. How did you discover that? Compare against original sales invoice?

Glad you happy with final product. I have same color and looks great. Assume will meet you down the road at some DC owners forum.

I just emailed my sales guy to see if he can adjust the final price of the model S that I ordered in June..I would rather trade off a few more weeks of my car being built to save a couple thousand dollars.

I ordered my MS the first week of July and added the premium package. I emailed the sales rep and never heard any thing back. I hope Tesla adjust the price but I think its one of those situations where if you agree to a price then thats the price.

I ordered my MS the first week of July and added the premium package. I emailed the sales rep and never heard any thing back. I hope Tesla adjust the price but I think its one of those situations where if you agree to a price then thats the price.

True but I think if these options are now standard I would have rather selected another option instead...so I emailed my DS as well to see if i can recieve some adjustment if I can choose enhanced AP for example I wouldn't mind paying the extra 2K but not the full 5k if that makes sense. I'm hoping there is some flex because our cars havent entered production yet.

True but I think if these options are now standard I would have rather selected another option instead...so I emailed my DS as well to see if i can recieve some adjustment if I can choose enhanced AP for example I wouldn't mind paying the extra 2K but not the full 5k if that makes sense. I'm hoping there is some flex because our cars havent entered production yet.

I’m in the same boat. Let us know what you hear back. Just got the email from my DS about not retroactively adjusting the price. Definitely leaves a sour taste.

Reactions: MarkKW
I asked my guy the same thing. He basically said that I could cancel my order (this losing the $2500 deposit) and reorder (thus acing $2500 on the PUP). Bottom line was $0 savings and I’d lose my spot in line. Obviously I passed on that offer! Let me know if you hear otherwise.

Reactions: MarkKW
I asked my guy the same thing. He basically said that I could cancel my order (this losing the $2500 deposit) and reorder (thus acing $2500 on the PUP). Bottom line was $0 savings and I’d lose my spot in line. Obviously I passed on that offer! Let me know if you hear otherwise.
This answer is turning out to be different at each SC. While I was waiting for delivery at the Tyson’s corner SC, I asked this question. They said they got a memo from corporate to not allow a price change. But you could reorder at the new price and transfer your $2500. They said it would t be a problem selling your original order and would rather have a happy customer. You would just have to wait from the beginning again.

Reactions: mburnet6
I must be a minority but im happy i placed my order of my S before this became standard as i have no need for any of the functions that are now standard and the additional price point may have set me back. Im in Miami Fl and im hoping to take delivery of my 100d this Friday. It arrives Friday either in the am or in the evening which may make delivery be Saturday.

I must be a minority but im happy i placed my order of my S before this became standard as i have no need for any of the functions that are now standard and the additional price point may have set me back. Im in Miami Fl and im hoping to take delivery of my 100d this Friday. It arrives Friday either in the am or in the evening which may make delivery be Saturday.
Have you made an appointment with DS? I got a call from them to set a specific time for delivery.

Infoe, when did u finished production? The sheet is not updated. I ordered same time, as you, I’m been told August 5 or 6th for delivery

July 5th dont know how to update. Feel free to do so for me.

Have you made an appointment with DS? I got a call from them to set a specific time for delivery.

Mine was supposed to be aug 1st. My car is in alabama and scheduled tk arrive this friday. Ive ask for no car prep since jtd going for a full wrap so im expecting to get it friday or. Saturday but ds and I speak regularly.

xFEj8MR

Took delivery today. Was in and out in 10minutes. Had detailer with me to check out car he said everything was good. Its with detailer now for full xpel and modesta glass coating.

Attachments

• 2E578DC5-84EC-45C0-AACD-AFC57FB5E9E0.jpeg
    2E578DC5-84EC-45C0-AACD-AFC57FB5E9E0.jpeg
    324.6 KB · Views: 124
  • 9A9ACD3D-5F16-4ED5-B0A1-C8FCA1ED5E20.jpeg
    9A9ACD3D-5F16-4ED5-B0A1-C8FCA1ED5E20.jpeg
    294.8 KB · Views: 92
  • 9B6E713B-D226-479D-BE3E-385A2936839B.jpeg
    9B6E713B-D226-479D-BE3E-385A2936839B.jpeg
    333.2 KB · Views: 88
  • 0C9EC5BE-2A5E-4A9A-873D-AA43D325CD26.jpeg
    0C9EC5BE-2A5E-4A9A-873D-AA43D325CD26.jpeg
    506.9 KB · Views: 90
I heard back from my rep today, " unfortunately, the premium cannot be added to your vehicle without a change fee. This option is for clients that placed their order on the day that configuration changed was released." No luck for me. Production is scheduled for next week.

I heard back from my rep today, " unfortunately, the premium cannot be added to your vehicle without a change fee. This option is for clients that placed their order on the day that configuration changed was released." No luck for me. Production is scheduled for next week.
Ask them if paying the change fee will invoke the new pricing structure. Might be worth it if you want the premium features