Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm with you gents. What a wild experience. While it seems so far away, I am thankful we have something.

SoCal LR Feb 5th order.
View attachment 651484
In that case I am thankful that my dashboard is a complete blank with respect to a delivery date. I'm in SoCal too and my RN starts with 1142, having placed the order in November 2020. At least I can hope (probably in vain) for a May/June delivery of my MS LR Red/Black 19" wheels.

Reactions: legend_of_jim
In that case I am thankful that my dashboard is a complete blank with respect to a delivery date. I'm in SoCal too and my RN starts with 1142, having placed the order in November 2020. At least I can hope (probably in vain) for a May/June delivery of my MS LR Red/Black 19" wheels.
I'm going to guess that's the case. Early orders need to go out.

Reactions: gadelrosario
DE44DE28-A9B9-481C-905A-26F667EEF517.jpeg

LR MSM with white interior and Arachnids. Ordered Plaid last September that got automatically converted to Plaid Plus and I changed the order to LR Feb. 2nd. Had March 1-31 that then changed to just March and now this great update to July. This will be my 5th Tesla - so there is clearly no priority given to previous owners and living in CA doesn’t seem to help. I’m so glad I sold my P90DL in the first week of March!

Reactions: legend_of_jim
How do we know if any production has started yet? Is it published or simply rely on the drone flyovers for videos? Is it possible production has started?
Placed my order on Jan 3rd and have a reservation number starting with 1143. Sadly, may have to wait until May or June for delivery. I'm keeping overdue leased 2017 ms until the new one arrives. But on the bright side, maybe we will have a $7000 government rebate prior to delivery.

Placed my order on Jan 3rd and have a reservation number starting with 1143. Sadly, may have to wait until May or June for delivery. I'm keeping overdue leased 2017 ms until the new one arrives. But on the bright side, maybe we will have a $7000 government rebate prior to delivery.
Its only a tax credit if you owe 7k or more. If you typically get a refund, now is the time to start planning and to make sure that you end of owing.

Its only a tax credit if you owe 7k or more. If you typically get a refund, now is the time to start planning and to make sure that you end of owing.
We always owe more taxes. But I'm concerned that the tax rebate, while not yet finalized, will exclude higher income people. By definition, these are the only people who can afford a $100K vehicle. Clearly, low income people can't.

Whether you have to pay taxes or get a refund when you file means nothing for this. As long as you have 7k of tax liability (assuming there is no income cap added, current bill doesn't have one for new purchases) then you can take full advantage of the potential tax credit.

That’s not how taxes work. The amount you owe the government at the end of the year will be the same, regardless of whether you paid them $20k during the year or $0. Your final tax bill is not influenced by your payments during the year.
If this credit helps you, it will be factored in to your overall tax bill and your amount owed or due will be adjusted. But paying more taxes will never end up being a penalty. You can get it back if you’re owed.

Whether you have to pay taxes or get a refund when you file means nothing for this. As long as you have 7k of tax liability (assuming there is no income cap added, current bill doesn't have one for new purchases) then you can take full advantage of the potential tax credit.
And it might be going up to $10K

Reactions: Draketurner