Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just to add another datapoint. Conversation with my SA, who I trust, today via text. I am particularly encouraged by his last sentence!

Me:
I was wondering if you have had a chance to digest the info from yesterday as far as delivery dates go. As I’m sure you are aware, the order page now shows the Plaid MS as June/July & the Long Range as August/September for new orders.
Makes me wonder if they’re only going to deliver plaid orders initially…
Your thoughts?

SA:
No idea actually. I saw the updates to the order page and listened to the same call but other than that we’ve had no additional information. From what I’m understanding it’s just that more people order the non-performance versions and so the wait list is longer.
This is for people that aren’t in the queue though. We’ve been given guidance to expect the s for people in the queue already starting in about a week or so.

1619569855909.png

1619570008296.png

Attachments

• 1619569766841.png
    1619569766841.png
    28.9 KB · Views: 77
  • Helpful
Reactions: T-Racer
Just to add another datapoint. Conversation with my SA, who I trust, today via text. I am particularly encouraged by his last sentence!

Me:
I was wondering if you have had a chance to digest the info from yesterday as far as delivery dates go. As I’m sure you are aware, the order page now shows the Plaid MS as June/July & the Long Range as August/September for new orders.
Makes me wonder if they’re only going to deliver plaid orders initially…
Your thoughts?

SA:
No idea actually. I saw the updates to the order page and listened to the same call but other than that we’ve had no additional information. From what I’m understanding it’s just that more people order the non-performance versions and so the wait list is longer.
This is for people that aren’t in the queue though. We’ve been given guidance to expect the s for people in the queue already starting in about a week or so.

So he said he didn't get any new info but then said that he got new info deliveries are starting next week. I'm a bit confused. Am I misunderstanding?

So he said he didn't get any new info but then said that he got new info deliveries are starting next week. I'm a bit confused. Am I misunderstanding?
What I’m understanding is that he did not glean any new information from quarterly report or call. My assumption is that he has heard via a different channel, possibly colleagues within the vehicle delivery group or someone in a level of management above his.

Last edited:
If your trade-in offer isn’t reasonable, Tesla might still match a Carmax offer. Not sure if that’s still an option.
Carvana did the second best offer. Then I realized the difference in sales tax between not doing a trade and Tesla is higher between the offer and the sales tax deduction. Plus it's just so damn convinent to drop off the old and drive away in the new :)

Reactions: Drew-MS

Does anyone still have the 4-8 weeks status on their order? Im on week 15 so this is obviously not correct, however mine never changed to July​

Your Model S​

RN11449

Estimated Delivery: 4 - 8 weeks from order placed date​

We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration.

Clearly says he/she/the SA has been given guidance from Tesla to expect PlaidS deliveries starting as soon as in a week.

If that’s the case, those with good SA relationships, wonder what your SA says to that?
My impression is that he was not talking about plaid specifically. I believe I recall him telling me he had 60+ customers with refresh orders. Guessing he is observing the ratio of plaids to long range reservations in his portfolio to conclude that the plaid Que is considerably smaller. No idea how the plaid subset will be produced in the assembly line. May not be a significant impact to delay deliveries in the Long Range Que. Tesla will certainly have an incentive to deliver as many plaid versions as possible in Q2 from a revenue/profit perspective.

Reactions: T-Racer