Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also tried the Chat feature. It appears it might be a bot (or a rep using canned responses, as it did take some time to get back to me with update on my reservation); similar to the interaction reported previously. I have RN11444XXXX ordered end of January, MS LR Red/Black 19" FSD in So Cal.

Bella: We are getting so close to your delivery! I know you have been waiting quite some time but we are truly giving you the best and newest option for the refreshed Model S

No set date yet, but we will be reaching out as we get closer to that delivery date and keep you informed.

So no hidden information not already shown on my order page, "we will be reaching out to you". My account has not shown a delivery date since early March when I just had the "-", with March 1-31 previously.

My SA told me this morning that no VINs have been issued. Priority orders may see VINs within next couple weeks. Also, said I was third in line in our state.

This is what I want to believe as my reality.
Poor @Hayseed_MS --- i was curious when you ordered. Got sold a line of ish! Your SA mixed up weeks with months :D But explains why you're #3

1619563254387.png

Reactions: Hayseed_MS
Naked Tesla is my favorite channel. Love the DIY segments the best.

Ordered on January 30, 2021, RN 11444xxxx Originally had estimated delivery of March 1 - March 31. Then went to blank. Checked today and the estimated delivery was updated to July. So if any of you are thinking of cancelling your order or delaying delivery, I would not waste another minute. Do it now!!! I want to get my new car in June and your prompt text to your SA will get my delivery faster.

Just a little off topic here but I'm a bit confused on the TSLA earnings report...crushed the numbers, beat analysts estimates and yet the stock slid > $18 after hours...thoughts as to why (besides the ambiguity on MS LR & Plaid production & deliveries)? btw - my account still says July.
Because all “profit” was encompassed by energy credit and Bitcoin sales. If not for selling $500mil+ of energy credits, Tesla would have been in the red. Made a lot of analysts unhappy.

That wouldn't solve this change over. They clearly announced the new model before it was even ready to be produced. They gonna have to do better.
Fremont CA, very convenient...
I did a fun chat w/ them too (since my trade in is still under evaluation for some reason).
If your trade-in offer isn’t reasonable, Tesla might still match a Carmax offer. Not sure if that’s still an option.

Reactions: T-Racer
That wouldn't solve this change over. They clearly announced the new model before it was even ready to be produced. They gonna have to do better.
Well, it solves it by not requiring such a preannouncement and shutdown. They can start building the updated test models on new lines in a new factory and cut over once they are satisfied.

S/X are harder since there's literally one line for the whole world for both cars.

Reactions: epotter and T-Racer
Obligatory update:
RN: 1142xxx

No estimate date

Sidenote: Lucid is really put out good promo vids on their youtube site. Today b they went through the would product line and how it will work.

Tesla would be sooo much better with a proper pr/marketing team.. Its sad they don't even try
I’ve been seeing lots of Lucid commercials lately. It’s good they want to get the name out there but I’m surprised they’re spending so much money right now. I hope Lucid has success.

I changed a MS LR from blue to white. My delivery date went from “4-10 weeks” to the dreaded “-“.

Ok I'll stick with white. IDK white makes it look futuristic but isn't as aggressive as red. It'd be nice to see in person, I've looked at the old ones and I go back and forth. That's why I needed @Hayseed_MS to validate me but then he said he chose blue and then I had to question everything he's said to this point. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Reactions: Hayseed_MS
Ok I'll stick with white. IDK white makes it look futuristic but isn't as aggressive as red. It'd be nice to see in person, I've looked at the old ones and I go back and forth. That's why I needed @Hayseed_MS to validate me but then he said he chose blue and then I had to question everything he's said to this point. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Now I know you are full of *sugar* if it took you this long to question what I have said...