Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Those of you who *need* a car in June/July but have no line of sight on the Model S delivery, what are you planning to do? I'm pondering over car subscription options to tide me over for the few months until the Model S comes in. Don't want to lock in to a short term expensive lease and some of the no strings attached subscription options are much lower monthly cost than my eventual loan payments on the Model S. Even Turo long term rental seems like it'd come out cheaper and help tide me over but I'm interested to hear what others are planning.

Reactions: gadelrosario
Those of you who *need* a car in June/July but have no line of sight on the Model S delivery, what are you planning to do? I'm pondering over car subscription options to tide me over for the few months until the Model S comes in. Don't want to lock in to a short term expensive lease and some of the no strings attached subscription options are much lower monthly cost than my eventual loan payments on the Model S. Even Turo long term rental seems like it'd come out cheaper and help tide me over but I'm interested to hear what others are planning.

Bought a 6k beater. You know cause I'm not a famous wrestler and I can't complain to Musk and get sent a free long term loaner. I'm not bitter though... 😒

For those that are suffering from no recent good pics of a yoke...wrong car, but.... IMG_20210519_101356108_HDR.jpg

Reactions: Drew-MS

I am pushing off the "need" for the new car but soon, I will need to do it. At this point, I would just stay in the JLR family with the Defender for 1-2 years and see what is out in the in the EV world then. I do have confidence I will get the vehicle in time and will love it.

Reactions: omarsultan
I am pushing off the "need" for the new car but soon, I will need to do it. At this point, I would just stay in the JLR family with the Defender for 1-2 years and see what is out in the in the EV world then. I do have confidence I will get the vehicle in time and will love it.
Well, every month after September just adds more to my savings. If this delay takes long enough I'll be able to upgrade to Plaid, on next years model 😆

How funny a 3000GT and RX7, who sold a Supra and 300Zx, we will have the 90s Japanese supercars nailed here!

Bought a urus to hold me over. Awesome car don’t get me wrong but still, Tesla’s are the best cars on the road hands down. Just got back from a road trip in the urus and was excited to get back in the Tesla, just fits like a glove, does everything great (except comfort and interior quality which I’m hoping is better w the plaid, even still nowhere near showstoppers).

How funny a 3000GT and RX7, who sold a Supra and 300Zx, we will have the 90s Japanese supercars nailed here!

Bought a urus to hold me over. Awesome car don’t get me wrong but still, Tesla’s are the best cars on the road hands down. Just got back from a road trip in the urus and was excited to get back in the Tesla, just fits like a glove, does everything great (except comfort and interior quality which I’m hoping is better w the plaid, even still nowhere near showstoppers).

I'll take your Urus off your hands. No need to suffer...

We opted for care by volvo, which essentially allows you to lease a car for as short as 4 months or as long a 2 years. It was the most cost effective solution we could find.