Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seriously though!!! It's gonna be a real ahole move to only fulfill Plaid before LR orders for quarter end. I'd have gotten a Plaid but I actually need the range for trips I make and honestly have no need to go 0-60 in 1.99 cuz I'm reckless already and don't need another excuse. Hahaha.
My point exactly. I’m all about the range too, and if on Delivery Day they announce some sort of surprise on the Plaid range as some have hoped for, I’d bite. But those 22 extra miles are like catnip for me because I drive 30,000 miles a year and need to minimize those stops.

Seriously though!!! It's gonna be a real ahole move to only fulfill Plaid before LR orders for quarter end. I'd have gotten a Plaid but I actually need the range for trips I make and honestly have no need to go 0-60 in 1.99 cuz I'm reckless already and don't need another excuse. Hahaha.
The difference in range between a Plaid and LR (both with 19s) is like 20 miles lol.

i’ve had no change in my estimated date since May 14, until today. Changed from “August” until the end of June. I’m excited, but highly suspicious that the monkey has struck again. I ordered a blue LR, black interior, upgraded rims, FSD.

All I need to do now is figure out who my SA is so that I can change the financing, assuming the estimate holds. 🤞
Ordered 3/28 RN11471

My point exactly. I’m all about the range too, and if on Delivery Day they announce some sort of surprise on the Plaid range as some have hoped for, I’d bite.

I am ashamed to admit I almost changed my order to Plaid today to see if I could move it up. But $40k for 0-60, CF trim and a spoiler is a hard one for me. Yes, I know there's 3 motors, but that's only exciting to me if the car feels more sporty in the twisties with it.

Admittedly, the Plaid badge is almost worth it, just to scare the various people that will want to stoplight drag race.

I am ashamed to admit I almost changed my order to Plaid today to see if I could move it up. But $40k for 0-60, CF trim and a spoiler is a hard one for me. Yes, I know there's 3 motors, but that's only exciting to me if the car feels more sporty in the twisties with it.

Admittedly, the Plaid badge is almost worth it, just to scare the various people that will want to stoplight drag race.
Once some ICE driving folks encounter an actual plaid, when they encounter another one, they will remember the first experience and just back off.

Checking weekly for an enterprising company overseas to start selling plaid badges on Amazon.

Just want to do my part to discourage coal rolling, and encourage a more sustainable future 😁

With Torque vectoring, the plaid should feel more sporty in the twisties.

I’m one of the few that doesn’t.
3/2 order date. LR Blck/Blck Arachnid wheels.

June 22-30 delivery, based in Los Angeles. Current Model 3 owner.
I have an LR FSD on order and I've been stuck at August ever since they did the early April website update. I feel kind of shafted beacuse I ordered on 1/27, the day of the refresh announcement, and I'm near Fremont. I thought I'd have a shot at an early date, but oh well. And all these dates are probably fictional anyway...

2021? Model S LR, MSM/Black/19s/FSD, RN 11442xxx ordered 1/27. Current EDD: August (had been March 1-30)

The LR will scare any ice car that wants to stop light drag race with you (if that’s your thing lol.)

If the conjecture here is to be believed then it seems that Tesla is going out of their way to produce the highest margin they can. I wouldn't be surprised if FSD LRs are the first ones delivered along with the Plaids.
I said this quite a while ago, and my fears so far are proving true. When the M3 was rolled out, they didn’t prioritize orders based on when received. It was “who wants a fully loaded one”. The $35,000 car that most signed up for didn’t start getting built until they sold every $50k one they could move. Once that backlog was cleared, here’s your $35k car. Sorry we shipped 200,000 cars to people that ordered after you. I guess that’s what you do when you don’t have serious competition. But if they try this nonsense once Lucid, Rivan, MBZ etc have similar products, the order book will just melt away to zero.