Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't trust it. I can make mine show a delivery tomorrow if I want to. One person on reddit does not a trend make. Seems more like an anomaly.

Decided to make mine show "Tomorrow" for fun. Think I'll leave it like this for a few days so that I forget about the actual August date.

It will be true evetually!

1622082603338.png

The news I got (which I posted a few pages ago) is not good - I was told that LRs are not being manufactured at this time and that Tesla is prioritizing the higher-margin Plaids. That info has been refuted by two things: hundreds of LRs have been spotted by Gabeincal in his drone fly-overs; and the LR backlog is far larger than the Plaid backlog so Tesla must get to LR deliveries. Since then, I've been told that my vehicle has been assigned a vehicle production slot, whatever that means.
They can likely walk and chew gum. They are probably producing more than 20% plaid vehicles (current order rate shown by our non-random sample), let's say 40%, and thus prioritizing Plaid deliveries at twice the rate of LRs.

At this point they need to just change the verbiage to say something along the lines of:

“We will reach to to you schedule your delivery after we have sent cars to people that ordered six months after you did because they ordered a Plaid, FSD, 21 inch wheels, live outside California, etc. In the meantime, sorry you sold your Model S in late February because we told to you expect your car in March. Just kidding about that last part 😂

Attachments

• 895B352F-223A-456E-BF22-A13207E06A59.jpeg
    895B352F-223A-456E-BF22-A13207E06A59.jpeg
    125.2 KB · Views: 53
At this point they need to just change the verbiage to say something along the lines of:

“We will reach to to you schedule your delivery after we have sent cars to people that ordered six months after you did because they ordered a Plaid, FSD, 21 inch wheels, live outside California, etc. In the meantime, sorry you sold your Model S in late February because we told to you expect your car in March. Just kidding about that last part 😂
Seriously though!!! It's gonna be a real ahole move to only fulfill Plaid before LR orders for quarter end. I'd have gotten a Plaid but I actually need the range for trips I make and honestly have no need to go 0-60 in 1.99 cuz I'm reckless already and don't need another excuse. Hahaha.

i’ve had no change in my estimated date since May 14, until today. Changed from “August” until the end of June. I’m excited, but highly suspicious that the monkey has struck again. I ordered a blue LR, black interior, upgraded rims, FSD.

All I need to do now is figure out who my SA is so that I can change the financing, assuming the estimate holds. 🤞

i’ve had no change in my estimated date since May 14, until today. Changed from “August” until the end of June. I’m excited, but highly suspicious that the monkey has struck again. I ordered a blue LR, black interior, upgraded rims, FSD.

All I need to do now is figure out who my SA is so that I can change the financing, assuming the estimate holds. 🤞
I did chat and they got in touch with my SA when I did my interior color change. Prob can do the same to get the deets for your SA via chat. Also ended up giving a Cali zip code once to get support after hours on the east coast and they copied my SA on the email back. Giving them a call or via chat they should be able to point you in the right direction. After that the SA actually will have to answer. Haha

Decided to make mine show "Tomorrow" for fun. Think I'll leave it like this for a few days so that I forget about the actual August date.

It will be true evetually!

View attachment 666682
Or you can do what I did to forget about August. I simply started a new order, paid the $100, and now my estimated delivery is June. Since my original order still has August, I’m going to cancel that one 🍻. Plus I was able to change my ext color to MSM which I wanted. Happy to pay $100 for the 2 month gain and color change. Of course there’s a risk that my new order will change from June but we’ll see.

Edit: I made the new order after several attempts to speak to my SA after my original order changed to August a few days ago. She never changed the color and didn’t get back to me. New SA please.

Last edited:

Umm... Do you work for Tesla? Most honest answer I've heard thus far!

I just got a call that I picked up because it said "Freemont, CA." Tesla rep wanted to know whether I wanted to change my order from plaid+ (placed on battery day before anyone knew there was a difference between plaid and plaid+) for a regular plaid that would be delivered within two months. I said no, so I would keep the reservation as is. Clearly, they want to ship as many high-margin plaids as they can near term.
Interesting... cancelled my plaid plus order almost two months ago, and got a similar cold call this week from a store and SA I never dealt with, trying to sell me a Plaid.

• Funny
Reactions: Drew-MS