Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Translation needed in a text received back from Tesla when asked why they gave me a VIN/delivery and took it away on Saturday.

Response: A routing system issue was taken place. You're VIN will be assigned asap.

Is "asap" better than Elon "soon"? I then asked if the June delivery was still happening and ..................................
you're gonna need some therapy soon. I suggest Bourbon, Scotch or some other therapy

am frustrated with not having a meaningless delivery estimate show up on my account when others who ordered after me are getting their meaningless delivery estimates
Not sure there is a LR ordered after you that received an accurate delivery estimate. Tesla is clearly prioritizing Plaid for deliveries and will likely continue past June 30th. I would not expect a large influx of LR deliveries till mid-July and then it will start to level out. August might see pattern when their white seats and carbon fiber is in-stock. So August again could be a slow LR deliver month.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I GOT A VIN!!!! Original order was 2/12 for Plaid S MSM CF 21". Went from March / June/ Blank and now is August. I decided to submit a new order on 6/12 for same car with Wood trim to see if it came first. Today I got a VIN and delivery date for June 21-24, submitted all financials and insurance update with VIN. It is super frustrating that the car I ordered almost 6 months is not being delivered yet the car I ordered 7 days ago is being delivered this week.

Burbank Location pick up

It is super frustrating that the car I ordered almost 6 months is not being delivered yet the car I ordered 7 days ago is being delivered this week.
Cannot be that surprising that the wood interior is delivering given the track record of Tesla asking people to change from carbon fiber to wood. If you really wanted carbon fiber, the ongoing theme would be to wait. Is that the right answer? No, Tesla should have delivered on it. But who knows, they could get a delivery of carbon fiber tomorrow and you miss out.

I GOT A VIN!!!! Original order was 2/12 for Plaid S MSM CF 21". Went from March / June/ Blank and now is August. I decided to submit a new order on 6/12 for same car with Wood trim to see if it came first. Today I got a VIN and delivery date for June 21-24, submitted all financials and insurance update with VIN. It is super frustrating that the car I ordered almost 6 months is not being delivered yet the car I ordered 7 days ago is being delivered this week.

Burbank Location pick up
Nice! So I guess wood trim is faster for now.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Pictures I got from a friend that works at the Service center of one of the LRs they got today

49C38024-6793-4A92-9F45-E624782A9758.jpeg
0554EA56-1CEA-4476-8028-F8315EFAD957.jpeg