Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was curious about this "Ra00" term from the json element "isNotMatchedToRa00Vin" in website page source, which appears to mayyyyybe be SAP (or industry) inventory/sales terminology for "Discount % on Net". My wild guess here is that this is used to determine whether the vehicle someone has been matched with was priced at $119k or $129k when built, and is for accounting purposes. Again this is pretty novice sleuthing, but thought maybe someone would see my words and have more knowledge in this area and perhaps give a better explanation.

All of you guys complaining about how this is such a horrible experience, it isn't that bad. It's a new car with the latest technology, there are going to be some delays. If you have ever ordered Ferrari's or Porsche GT cars, it's way worse. For my Porsche GT4 and GT3, I waited a year once I gave my SA my build. It was also very tough to get an allocation. Most people had to pay over msrp. A lot of new cars are going over msrp right now. Please stop whining about waiting an extra month or two. If it is so terrible then get something else. There is no other car in this price range that compares, and if it comes remotely close you will probably be paying over msrp right now. Let's share more pictures, experiences and delivery news.

All of you guys complaining about how this is such a horrible experience, it isn't that bad. It's a new car with the latest technology, there are going to be some delays. If you have ever ordered Ferrari's or Porsche GT cars, it's way worse. For my Porsche GT4 and GT3, I waited a year once I gave my SA my build. It was also very tough to get an allocation. Most people had to pay over msrp. A lot of new cars are going over msrp right now. Please stop whining about waiting an extra month or two. If it is so terrible then get something else. There is no other car in this price range that compares, and if it comes remotely close you will probably be paying over msrp right now. Let's share more pictures, experiences and delivery news.

It's not the delays that frustrate us. It's the lack of communication.

Haven’t had a delivery month since February when I ordered it… until today. And it says August🥵
47D7E9C8-24B0-47DB-A684-0283301CE1AD.jpeg

I got a VIN! Got an email yesterday afternoon that a VIN has been assigned to my account - I logged in and sure enough, there is now a VIN under my registration with a delivery date of this week.

Got a call from Tesla today confirming that they will have my Model S in the showroom on Wednesday and I should be able to pick it up late this week or early next.

RN1144 - Model S LR - Midnight Silver Metallic with Cream Interior

I got a VIN! Got an email yesterday afternoon that a VIN has been assigned to my account - I logged in and sure enough, there is now a VIN under my registration with a delivery date of this week.

Got a call from Tesla today confirming that they will have my Model S in the showroom on Wednesday and I should be able to pick it up late this week or early next.

Which wheels did you order?

Great news, I'm in TX & went with MSM too! When did you order? Also, did your account show an estimated date/month before this occurred, or was it blank and you randomly got a VIN?

Ordered my Black with white interior/CF with 19's Plaid on March 22nd. When I placed the order it said June for a estimated delivery, went blank for 4-5 weeks. Just checked my account and now it's back to June. Not sure if they are playing games with me or what, I'm excited and nervous at the same time. Not knowing when I will have this beast is nerve racking but I do know when I do receive this beast it's going to be the best car I will ever drive.
Games! Going through the exact same scenario and ordered on 5/25 lol

Reactions: EndlessPlaid

Congrats :) Sounds like my configuration too. Do you have 21s or FSD?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I have made a few posts on this subject, but none so elegant as yours. My list includes two that were bought back by their maker (no 'lemon law'). All my other very early pre-production orders were delivered late, a couple without warning. All but one had large dealer adds despite preorders and deposits from me. Then there was the vehicle far more expensive than any Tesla that on delivery could not even start due to electronic faults. The payment had been made and title transferred. That on was a horror story from beginning to end. After that I still persist in early adoption.

Tesla has it's issues, but they've been pretty mild compared to the others.

Not only that but my Tesla person just called and said I could expect my car between the 26th and 30th, depending on shipping. My vin will be assigned "within the next two to three days". At least I'm less depressed, even if there is nothing in any way definitive.:D