Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got word that my car will be here tomorrow! Coming by truck to Charlottesville, surprised the driver said there are 3 cars going to Charlottesville! Anyone else on here?

Of course our area is in a state of emergency, we have no power, trees and power lines down everywhere.

I should be able to get it home OK, but won't be able to charge it for a few days at least...

Holy Shite! That's exciting! I was thinking mine would be on the truck with yours for the drive south but haven't heard back from Jamee yet. I have a 14-50 in the driveway waiting for a Model S if you get desperate. Plenty of electrons here in Lynchburg. BTW I saw a blue MS on the 250 bypass a few days ago.

With @Shurhold reporting VIN 6602 on the truck to Florida, we can do some math. The Q4 Shareholder Letter told us that Tesla had produced "more than 3,100 vehicles during the full year" of 2012, and presumably fewer than 3,200. These two facts suggest that Tesla has produce 6600-3100=3500 vehicles to date this quarter, I think.

Or are there gaps in the VIN sequencing I'm not taking into account? Or should the 3,100 figure in the letter be read to mean 3,100 cars for delivery to customers, exclusive of marketing vehicles (which have VIN #s). And then there's a certain % of cars that are scrapped after VIN assignment.

Regardless, the gap can't be too large, suggesting that the factory is turning out about 55 cars/day (taking into account the factory closure at the New Years holiday), right on track for 20,000/year and somewhat above the pace needed to hit the 4,500 production target for Q1.

Vin 5744 just unloaded. Not mine. 85kwh.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362672088542.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362672088542.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 913