Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I look forward to seeing what the mph is at 1,320 feet. It's going to surprise a few folks, but I'm not gonna mention anyone in particular... (@2021plaid)
🤣🤣🤣 OK, my absolutely, most optimistic possible guess is....*drumroll*....... 10.8 @124 mph. But I would be pleasantly surprised if this was the case. My most up-to-date guess, based on the new info from the 0-100mph time, is 11.1-11.2@ 122 mph.

🤣🤣🤣 OK, my absolutely, most optimistic possible guess is....*drumroll*....... 10.8 @124 mph. But I would be pleasantly surprised if this was the case. My most up-to-date guess, based on the new info from the 0-100mph time, is 11.1-11.2@ 122 mph.
Lol the LR at 558 feet is traveling at 100. Your estimate is an additional 22mph in the next 762 feet ? Ummm lmao
Edit: All good fun. We'll see shortly, I hope :)

Last edited:
Lol the LR at 558 feet is traveling at 100. Your estimate is an additional 22mph in the next 762 feet ? Ummm lmao
Guys....🤦‍♂️ The Cheetah MS, with all of its 825 hp, ran a 126 mph trap speed. At the 1/4 mile, it was making 640-650 hp. It is highly unlikely that the LR will trap higher than that. The LR runs at 100mph in 558ft, but how on Earth do you think that it will be faster, with its 0.4 second difference between the 0-60 time? THAT'S 4 CAR LENGTHS! That's also assuming an excellent launch from the the LR, where it would clock a 2.8 second 0-60. It sure seems unlikely to me...🙂

I may sound like a prick but at least I’m not the fool whining about some car I haven’t gotten yet on a message board like a whiney child. When I ordered my Porsche my SA was radio silent for months and just said you’ll get your car when you get it. When he finally got the vin he gave it to me. You guys keep complaining and saying you are going to cancel your order and you are done with Tesla, but I see the same people coming back and complaining. Plenty of other things in life to be concerned about than a luxury car. If you can’t function and live your life without a 80-130k then you have serious issues. So what if they told you you’d get the car in May and still don’t have it? That’s life, *sugar* happens. I’ve had offices delayed months and have lost hundreds of thousands in revenue. Did I whine and complain? No I found a solution. Wait for the car or get something else. Everyone that had waited has loved the car. Pretty damn simple if you ask me. There are people and life that complain and accomplish nothing and there are people that get *sugar* done.
As my brother says, "Ah, rich people problems," lol. 😜 But seriously, I do agree with you for the most part; there are more important things in life to really worry about and be upset about. People do need to learn how to be patient and understanding of other's challenges whether personal or corporate. However, Tesla's communication (actually lack there of) and overall business practices and ethics really do suck in comparison with other auto manufacturers.

True Tesla fans will give the excuses of "well Tesla is really just a software company that produces EVs" or "Tesla just started producing cars not that long ago; they're still a young company." Um, sorry, no I don't buy those excuses as Tesla is now > a decade old and their corporate structure is one I've personally never seen nor experienced in the corporate world before.

They don't have a Media Relations/PR Dept (which they absolutely should since no company, especially and S & P listed company, should rely solely on the tweets of the CEO/TechnoKing or whatever Elon wants to be called these days). In addition, Tesla's SC employees, the SA's are all but useless since Tesla Corp tells them nothing and Elon's promises and the company's ultimate delays don't help their company's reputation either. The vehicles may be awesome, the best EVs out there but the company SUCKS and I like most ppl here on TMC are also shareholders; our own personal experiences with the Tesla ordering, manufacturing & delivery process don't bode well for the company's (and stock?) future now that all the other auto manufacturers have committed to EVs and will be eventually catching up (along with some new ones like Lucid, Rivian, etc).

Having said all that, Tesla can actually learn from their mistakes, make some real and productive changes to grow to be a better software/auto manufacturing company for the future. But, I'm not holding my breath they will do so.

Last edited:
I may sound like a prick but at least I’m not the fool whining about some car I haven’t gotten yet on a message board like a whiney child. When I ordered my Porsche my SA was radio silent for months and just said you’ll get your car when you get it. When he finally got the vin he gave it to me. You guys keep complaining and saying you are going to cancel your order and you are done with Tesla, but I see the same people coming back and complaining. Plenty of other things in life to be concerned about than a luxury car. If you can’t function and live your life without a 80-130k then you have serious issues. So what if they told you you’d get the car in May and still don’t have it? That’s life, *sugar* happens. I’ve had offices delayed months and have lost hundreds of thousands in revenue. Did I whine and complain? No I found a solution. Wait for the car or get something else. Everyone that had waited has loved the car. Pretty damn simple if you ask me. There are people and life that complain and accomplish nothing and there are people that get *sugar* done.
You're whining and complaining a whole lot right now. Do you see the irony in telling people, who are complaining about a 80-130K car process ,that there are better things to worry about, while at the same time whining and complaining about what strangers say on a message board? I'm fairly amused at your hypocrisy. 🤣

Guys....🤦‍♂️ The Cheetah MS, with all of its 825 hp, ran a 126 mph trap speed. At the 1/4 mile, it was making 640-650 hp. It is highly unlikely that the LR will trap higher than that. The LR runs at 100mph in 558ft, but how on Earth do you think that it will be faster, with its 0.4 second difference between the 0-60 time? THAT'S 4 CAR LENGTHS! That's also assuming an excellent launch from the the LR, where it would clock a 2.8 second 0-60.
I wasn't paying as much attention to the 6.74 because there are a few things we don't know. We don't know @EVonly skills (no offense @EVonly) , his reaction time, and we don't know if he had a passenger(s)
The 100mph at 558' says a lot. My interpretation is an additional 5mph (or more) in the next 102 feet.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I have had a few instances where I did a cheetah stance/drag strip mode launch on the plaid and it didn't have that intensity, dragy said 3.2-3.4. Slight incline (0.45%) in at least one of the cases. Anyone else?
UH OH WATCH OUT! IT'S SLOWER THAN THE LR......
In all seriousness, did you wait till it finished lowering the front?

MT got 4.3 on unprepped surface, so I get where you are coming from. I was thinking Brooks does a little better. But I agree with your assessment!

I will go with 4.28s after looking at the MT numbers again. ....fun!
Yeah, FLAT South Florida roads. I think he likes I75 W toward Naples but not sure where they "play." Doesn't matter...it's all flat. ;)

Last edited:
I wasn't paying as much attention to the 6.74 because there are a few things we don't know. We don't know @EVonly skills (no offense @EVonly) , his reaction time, and we don't know if he had a passenger(s)
The 100mph at 558' says a lot. My interpretation is an additional 5mph (or more) in the next 102 feet.
So maybe a 6.5 in ideal conditions... Still not enough to get crazy trap speed out of it...

reaction time has nothing to do with valid runs usually.