Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So for the past week, my EDD has been moving every day in the early morning, it started with July 13 - July 20, the next day it was July 14 - July 21, and it keeps doing that every single day and now it's at July 19 - July 26. Have they gone to using a new method to calculate the EDD?

Is anyone else seeing this?

Of course, now that I've posted on here, it will probably go back to blank soon lol

View attachment 682314
Same config for me too... and the day kept pushing by day for last three days. Currently shows
1625685235687.png

That dosent mean it will stop quicker than the Senna. It probably beats it 0 - 100 by more than 0.3 and then loses a little on the 100 - 0 but still comes out 0.3 ahead over the whole 0 - 100 - 0. No way would this outbrake a lighter McLaren with better brakes.
The brakes are the only thing on the cart that I am underwhelmed with.

Reactions: HumanInput
My main concern with going with the LR was that I didn't want to take a step back in performance from my Ludicrous P90D. Every car I have ever owned outperformed my previous car. I didn't want to tarnish that perfect record with a car that was significantly slower. I have now proven that worry was unfounded. This car is slightly slower off the line, but more than makes up for it with significantly more pulling power on the freeway.

I am quite HAPPY with the performance of this car. My P90DL was two years old when I bought it and I paid the same for that car as the brand new LR.
It is more than I expected and an unquestionable bargain.
and this is EXACTLY what MS needed. I seldom launch my car. It's uncomfortable and can even hurt if your head is not hard against the headrest when you stomp the pedal. In short, I will not miss the little bit of loss of launch or 0-30 mph. However, most of us likely use 40-80 acceleration several times a day (or at least those of us in the hooligan club). Putting this kind of performance in the LR will seriously open some doors for Tesla.

Last edited:
The logistics lot is there they stage cars before being loaded onto carriers for transport. The temp lot is the boneyard where they have a couple of hundred refresh Ses sitting around for some unknown reason.
And the Temp Lot looks like it is frozen in time now, have not noticed many changes.
Logistics lot changes all the time.

I had not tried to contact Tesla in the last few weeks since I ordered Plaid and cancelled the +, so with all notes flying here I gave it a shot. Remember, he said should be a couple of weeks beginning of June.

-------------------------------------------------

Hi Richard,
I wondered if you have any idea when my car will be built? Any info would be appreciated. After reading posts on the Tesla Owners Group I am very excited.

Thanks,
David
RN115109284
-----------------------------------
Hi David,

Thanks for your message. We are just awaiting a vin number to be assigned from our Production team. Once a vin is assigned then we will be able to get you on the schedule for a pick-up.

I would guess only a couple more weeks.

Best,

Richard Martinus

Ownership Loyalty

---------------------------
As you can see from his comment, he has no clue either. I am still blank. If you don't have someone is scheduling it could be very haphazard.

P85 2014 Whitehott

2021 Plaid White, White/Black, Carbon Fiber, 21s, FSD ordered June 6th, said June now blank. Arizona
Same exact build and same exact boat we're in...Tesla account blank with no est delivery date and no VIN; awaiting an answer from our RM or SC Mgr about possible "in production" and VIN...just crickets so far. :rolleyes: Ordered 2/5/21. Nice taste in color/configuration combo btw...going to look amazing! 👍:cool:

Can someone explain what the difference is between temp lot and logistics lot? And how is everyone differentiating the cars from the aerial view. They all look the same to me 😂😂
The hundreds of refresh that have been sitting in the temp lot are most likely missing parts (or part.) Maybe CF, updated 19s, or something else entirely.
So for the past week, my EDD has been moving every day in the early morning, it started with July 13 - July 20, the next day it was July 14 - July 21, and it keeps doing that every single day and now it's at July 19 - July 26. Have they gone to using a new method to calculate the EDD?

Of course, now that I've posted on here, it will probably go back to blank soon lol

View attachment 682314
Nothing here, still blank (day 11)

View attachment 682314
Nothing here, no date, no month, no year

The logistics lot is there they stage cars before being loaded onto carriers for transport. The temp lot is the boneyard where they have a couple of hundred refresh Ses sitting around for some unknown reason.
Also, you will learn overtime on how to differentiate between all of the models. I was in your shoes when I first started looking at those videos.

The hundreds of refresh that have been sitting in the temp lot are most likely missing parts (or part.) Maybe CF, updated 19s, or something else entirely.

Nothing here, still blank (day 11)
So there’s really no way to tell how much they’re pumping out without 24/7 watching the logistics lot? Do cars come off the production line and go straight to that lot to be loaded onto the trucks (to be taken to everyone who’s not a TMC member 😅)?

Yup, exactly this but got tired of it after the 4th time and realized I was a nuts for even trying to figure it out.
Every morning when I hit refresh, the date range moves out a start day.

In the last week I was:
7/9 - 7/20
7/16 - 7/23
7/17 - 7/24
7/18 - 7/25
7/19 - 7/26
and today 7/20 - 7/27

No clue what it means and not sure I want to. Honestly been laughing since 7/18 - 7/25.
It's very simple

DateTime.Now.AddDays(12);

Also, you will learn overtime on how to differentiate between all of the models. I was in your shoes when I first started looking at those videos.
I can tell when I’m out and about but from aerial view they all look the same, because really how often do you see cars from the top other than flyover videos. Sometimes when they have bigger body cars parked next to smaller body I can tell the difference but with bumper wraps and stuff, no idea which one is 3 or S

I can tell when I’m out and about but from aerial view they all look the same, because really how often do you see cars from the top other than flyover videos. Sometimes when they have bigger body cars parked next to smaller body I can tell the difference but with bumper wraps and stuff, no idea which one is 3 or S
i just look at headlights

Lol it actually seems to be somewhat true. I called Cincinnati SC and talked to a SA who isn't my assigned SA. He confirmed that they have delivered one LR with 19" wheels at their SC which confirms what my SA told me a week ago. What if his source of info was my SA. Fun never ends here at Tesla 😂
I don't know what to believe.. Until we see 1 picture of a customer's refresh with gray 19s, I'm skeptical. If a refresh has been delivered with 19s, I'd like to have a little talk with the owner.. WTH post a F picture.