Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I understand it's fairly simple to remove and takes a few minutes for anyone to do, but seriously, I do not understand why all Tesla Service Ctr's refuse to do this after we spend > $100k (and some of us > $146k) on a vehicle that has that stupid front plate holder in a state that does not require it? I mean they can fix just about anything on any Tesla vehicle BUT won't remove the front license plate holder? Really...WTF??? Again, not one to complain much anymore about Tesla (as a company and its policies and business practices) but this is simply PISS POOR Customer Service! 🤬
Rumor is that it's because the car hasn't been crash-tested without the front plate, so they're legally prohibited from removing it. Contrast that with the 3, which was crash-tested without hte front plate and it is regularly delivered without the front plate holder.

Rumor is that it's because the car hasn't been crash-tested without the front plate, so they're legally prohibited from removing it. Contrast that with the 3, which was crash-tested without hte front plate and it is regularly delivered without the front plate holder.
Yeah okay...calling BS on that that excuse. :rolleyes: I don't know any car I've ever bought and owned in FL that came with that front plate holder. It just doesn't exist here.

I understand it's fairly simple to remove and takes a few minutes for anyone to do, but seriously, I do not understand why all Tesla Service Ctr's refuse to do this after we spend > $100k (and some of us > $146k) on a vehicle that has that stupid front plate holder in a state that does not require it? I mean they can fix just about anything on any Tesla vehicle BUT won't remove the front license plate holder? Really...WTF??? Again, not one to complain much anymore about Tesla (as a company and its policies and business practices) but this is simply PISS POOR Customer Service! 🤬 Can anyone imagine a MB or Porsche dealership saying, "um sorry, no we don't do that; you'll just have to rip it off yourself sir...to the 74 year old who just spent $180k on his Porsche 911T or MB S63 AMG. Yeah, um, no, I don't think so!
They won’t remove it in California because state law requires it.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I took my LR car in for service today to have some issues I discovered at delivery fixed. The car will be there for a couple of weeks, so they gave me a Model S loaner car. I guess they still do offer Model S loaners, but maybe they don’t offer them to 3/Y owners. Not sure 🤔

Anyways, I have a vegan leather defect with several wrinkles on the drivers seat bolster and I asked if they could have the upholstery shop fix it. He said he would just get me a brand new drivers seat from Fremont. Has anyone ever heard of this? That sounded a bit extreme for a small section of vegan leather.

132CB1F5-1DAD-47AC-85FA-C5389E539797.jpeg