Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife got a VIN this morning for her Y and when she asked her SA about my Plaid, they told her it won't arrive until Oct-Dec, even though it says "August". More *sugar* from the SA? Her EDD said October but when she called her SA several days ago they told her her VIN would be assigned in a few days, and they were right. Sigh.
I spoke with someone in charge of logistics for distribution of Tesla across eastern Canada and she said my August-September date was still what she was seeing on her side. I have a white Plaid, 19s.

She said she’ll let me know should anything change.

One thing is for sure, I won’t pay Trudeau’s 20% luxury tax on my Plaid and I made that very clear to her!! So Tesla better deliver the car before December 31st (or lower the price accordingly) otherwise I’m out. That’s where I draw the line.

I was thinking the same thing! Too much hate for us Millennials IMO.
I have no hate - actually a bit of envy - there was NO WAY that I could afford a MSLR if I were a Millennial. Or, at least if I was on the younger age of the spectrum. If we have some youngins who can afford the MSLR (or even Plaids?) - all the more power to you!
I just hope I don't drop my Geritol (plus iron, of course) if I ever launch my hypothetical MSLR.

L l
I spoke with someone in charge of logistics for distribution of Tesla across eastern Canada and she said my August-September date was still what she was seeing on her side. I have a white Plaid, 19s.

She said she’ll let me know should anything change.

One thing is for sure, I won’t pay Trudeau’s 20% luxury tax on my Plaid and I made that very clear to her!! So Tesla better deliver the car before December 31st (or lower the price accordingly) otherwise I’m out. That’s where I draw the line.
Thanks for the Info at least some hope. Wake me up please in August :)

For those of you wondering about aftermarket tire sizes and wheels. I looked some up on tirerack and there are quite a few choices for summer tires and a few all season options too for 20' wheels. They are almost identical in diameter to the stock 21" tires. Depending on wheel setup, you should be able to knock of 11-12 lbs per corner over the 21" arachnids. 45ish lbs of unsprung weight.

265/40/20 fronts
295/35/20 rears

Pirelli Cinturato P7 all seasons
Michelin Pilot Sport all season 4's
Michelin Pilot Sport 4s summer tires

TS Sportlines will be the cheapest wheels with tires when they come out, but they are still flow forged and heavy.
Martian wheels will be the best bang for you buck and they are light and forged. The M3P guys seem to like them. There aren't too many styles and I'm not sure when they come out.
Signature wheels are probably the highest quality, forged, light and perfect offset, but they are pricier.

Speaking of 19" rims for winter tires, has anyone figured out the narrowest tires that are acceptable on these?
Are you planning on mounting /unmounting the winter tires on the stock 19” rims? I did that for one season and decided it was worth spending $1200 on aftermarket wheels(Slipstream copy) and have the whole set ready to install in my garage at a moments notice. Also gives you the option for a narrower wheel/tire, as long at it clears everything. I don’t encounter deep snow so I did not go narrow, for ice having a bigger contact patch with the studless ice tires seems to work better.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Hi all,

I've been focused on the LR thread and picked up my car yesterday!

- Yoke is weird at first but, yup, I love it now. It's so comfortable and feels like a console controller.
- I have the Yoke worm. I love him. His name is wormy.
- Yoke stitching is solid. Doesn't appear to ripping
- It's a dream car. Everyone is right. It's worth the wait and I can't wait for ya'll to get yours!
- I'm in love. Can't wait to drive it more!

Does anyone have any accessories to recommend? Looking for cargo liners or anything else that are known to fit so far. :)

Thanks!

Attachments

• Image from iOS (21).jpg
    Image from iOS (21).jpg
    651.9 KB · Views: 58
Hi all,

I've been focused on the LR thread and picked up my car yesterday!

- Yoke is weird at first but, yup, I love it now. It's so comfortable and feels like a console controller.
- I have the Yoke worm. I love him. His name is wormy.
- Yoke stitching is solid. Doesn't appear to ripping
- It's a dream car. Everyone is right. It's worth the wait and I can't wait for ya'll to get yours!
- I'm in love. Can't wait to drive it more!

Does anyone have any accessories to recommend? Looking for cargo liners or anything else that are known to fit so far. :)

Thanks!
Congratulations looking awsome.