Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Welcome and FYI: The bolded part? Literally means nothing during this purchase of refresh model S's. Nothing at all. Not even remotely a factor toTesla.
Guess since Im not a Youtuber then I dont matter. I did once have the production car track record for Road Atlanta. In which I was hoping to take the plaid out very soon and destroy the current record set by a Porsche. Oh well I guess Im here with you folks along for the ride. Glad I still have the 2020 Model 3 performance to hang out in until she arrives. As a CEO of a med size business I would have heads rolling and desk being cleaned out for this roll out. Having gone thru this over at the corvette community for many years I know all of the ups and downs this brings. Tesla needs ambassadors that do nothing but communicate to our types. The one's that are obsessed with cars and want to track every moment all the way to our door steps. It can be done. Corvette now has a concierge call it for this exact need. Give me 3 other like minded people and access to all info we could do it. Only haters on here would be the ones whom will never order and car anyhow. Changes should be made before the Cybertruck launch in which I am along for that ride also. In the end it is only a car but to some of us its all the hype and desire to have just that. Hard to watch Youtubers have theirs and we common folk just hanging out waiting..........

I ordered a LR model S, 19inch wheels, white interior in February. My delivery estimate has august but sometimes disappears. Today I got an email that my delivery date was delayed until November. I have heard different things online, like white interior is delayed, or certain wheels are slower. Can anyone give me an update on the situation? I'm new to this forum. Is it possible to speed up my order if I change interior or wheels?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I ordered a LR model S, 19inch wheels, white interior in February. My delivery estimate has august but sometimes disappears. Today I got an email that my delivery date was delayed until November. I have heard different things online, like white interior is delayed, or certain wheels are slower. Can anyone give me an update on the situation? I'm new to this forum. Is it possible to speed up my order if I change interior or wheels?
You could, will cost you $10000 (price raises) + whatever the desired configuration costs (e.g. $4500 for 21" wheels). There is also no promise you are going to get your car faster. But Tesla will take your money :)

Spoilers: I wasn’t F’ing kidding.

Attachments

• C78AFA22-876B-4FB6-832D-2676871578BF.jpeg
    C78AFA22-876B-4FB6-832D-2676871578BF.jpeg
    642.6 KB · Views: 76
(Looks at Model S Tracking spreadsheet for confirmed deliveries...all 21". Looks at my confirmed delivery date of this Saturday) Realizing that I may be the first confirmed TMC user delivery of the fabled 19" wheels...
:eek:
It's not confirmed until you pick it up 🤞
I am so excited for you and cannot wait for you to confirm 19" wheels delivery.

The answer is clear that you can not rely upon estimated delivery dates.
It would be best if you have something else to drive to just forget about it and be pleasantly surprised when they call you for delivery. (or not - it is all good)
as much as this sucks I whole heartedly agree with you. And I am so glad I decided not to sell my current model S because I love this car would not have liked driving anything else.

You could, will cost you $10000 (price raises) + whatever the desired configuration costs (e.g. $4500 for 21" wheels). There is also no promise you are going to get your car faster. But Tesla will take your money :)
Yeah that's the trouble... right now it MIGHT speed up your order to change it, and it WILL be re-priced at current prices.... until it comes down to the EOQ crunch and Tesla starts bending their own rules in order to squeeze a few more deliveries in.

Welcome to the forum.
Initially 19" wheels were the delay and according to some rumors they recently started their production. Now white interior is the delay. Plaid orders are given preference over LR orders and theoretically if one orders a Plaid in red/blue/black exterior and black/cream interior then one can get the car the soonest. All of this is simply based off what we've been seeing the last couple of months.

Spoilers: I wasn’t F’ing kidding.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there is no way that is going to work. This car was designed to have the turn signals and be stalkless. You would literally need the entire Model 3 computer, and even then, it still wouldn't work. The car may not even drive. These cars have tons of sensors, and as soon as one little thing is off, nevermind a massive thing like this, they freak out, and often don't even drive.
My recommendation to you is to not even try this, and instead try to contact some companies that can make a top of the wheel accessory to fill in the top.🙂

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there is no way that is going to work. This car was designed to have the turn signals and be stalkless. You would literally need the entire Model 3 computer, and even then, it still wouldn't work. The car may not even drive. These cars have tons of sensors, and as soon as one little thing is off, nevermind a massive thing like this, they freak out, and often don't even drive.
My recommendation to you is to not even try this, and instead try to contact some companies that can make a top of the wheel accessory to fill in the top.🙂
"The Spreader of "Endless Positivity" 😀"

🤔 (just kidding)

Care to place a wager on it? I may have to write some code to convert the LIN signals, but it will work.

edit: the only thing I was waiting on was someone to confirm it bolts up properly, and they got back to me and said it does.

edit2: and fwiw, I’m more of a DIYer than most :)