Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered mine back in october, however I deferred it till Feb. Last week (nov end) I told them to see if I can get it sooner. However, I was told my car will be ready in Feb and should have it by mid feb. They won't be able to get it to me any faster. Does that seem like a long time (2.5 months) for a MS w/ 85KW battery?

I ordered mine back in october, however I deferred it till Feb. Last week (nov end) I told them to see if I can get it sooner. However, I was told my car will be ready in Feb and should have it by mid feb. They won't be able to get it to me any faster. Does that seem like a long time (2.5 months) for a MS w/ 85KW battery?

Speculation on my part...but this is what I think has happened. Your car was originally slotted for February, at your request. Your request to change it came at a time when they are pushing out cars fast to get them delivered by the end of December (end of 4th quarter) to all those they promised by Dec 31st. They are probably producing very few for export right now as they can't be delivered by Dec 31st. Once the first of the year comes they will concentrate on their European productions and get them shipped so they arrive before the end of 1stQ 2014 (March 31st)...then in late Jan/early Feb they will build and ship your car.

If you are fortunate they may have an unclaimed vehicle that matches your order in mid/late December and offer it to you. Otherwise you got caught in the 'end of the quarter' rush.

Speculation on my part...but this is what I think has happened. Your car was originally slotted for February, at your request. Your request to change it came at a time when they are pushing out cars fast to get them delivered by the end of December (end of 4th quarter) to all those they promised by Dec 31st. They are probably producing very few for export right now as they can't be delivered by Dec 31st. Once the first of the year comes they will concentrate on their European productions and get them shipped so they arrive before the end of 1stQ 2014 (March 31st)...then in late Jan/early Feb they will build and ship your car.

If you are fortunate they may have an unclaimed vehicle that matches your order in mid/late December and offer it to you. Otherwise you got caught in the 'end of the quarter' rush.

ahh... thanks! I just wished i didn't delay my order now! :mad:

Hi. Picking mine up today as mentioned earlier, ordered on November 8, today is December 6. I ordered a black P85 with pretty much all of the options except the air suspension, gray 21" wheels, black interior, lacewood trim, red brake calipers. The last numbers on my VIN are 27833. Cheers!

Well fellow Tesla owners, I'm closer today then I was yesterday to owning my car (20 Dec). I had the charging station installed today. Hoping that doesn't change. The AutoNation guy won't be out to inspect my BMW 535i until the 16th. I'm hoping we can get it all wrapped up so I can keep the 20th as my delivery date. Wish me luck!

Well fellow Tesla owners, I'm closer today then I was yesterday to owning my car (20 Dec). I had the charging station installed today. Hoping that doesn't change. The AutoNation guy won't be out to inspect my BMW 535i until the 16th. I'm hoping we can get it all wrapped up so I can keep the 20th as my delivery date. Wish me luck!

You can expect Auto Nation to low ball you. I would suggest taking it to a small used auto dealer if you want to get anything near Kelly for it. It's too bad you live so far from me because there's a guy in Sunnyvale here, that has bought several new Tesla owner's previous vehicles for more than Auto Nation quoted them. The quote I got from Auto Nation was a joke… I made 500 bucks just by making one stop.

You can expect Auto Nation to low ball you. I would suggest taking it to a small used auto dealer if you want to get anything near Kelly for it. It's too bad you live so far from me because there's a guy in Sunnyvale here, that has bought several new Tesla owner's previous vehicles for more than Auto Nation quoted them. The quote I got from Auto Nation was a joke… I made 500 bucks just by making one stop.

I agree they will low ball. I went to carmax and they offered me $10,000 for my truck. I already have offers for $15,000 just listing it through eBay/Craigslist for a week. I thought they would at least be reasonable, guess now I know.

Never hurts to shop the car around a bit. Unlike some others, CarMax gave me 3K more for my RR than the dealer where I purchased it and several smaller used car lots. I did not try Craigslist or Ebay. Did not want the extra hassle. Was happy just to drive in, leave the RR and drive out with a check.

We have had good luck selling privately on autotrader. Autonation low balled us. We sold it privately and it was great to meet the next owners of our beloved previous car.

I could tell they would take great care of it. Vs going to some auction, I actually would have sold it to them for less than Autonation because I could tell they loved it as much as we did.

We have had good luck selling privately on autotrader. Autonation low balled us. We sold it privately and it was great to meet the next owners of our beloved previous car.

I could tell they would take great care of it. Vs going to some auction, I actually would have sold it to them for less than Autonation because I could tell they loved it as much as we did.

That's how we felt about the guy that bought ours. They really seemed to want it and he even told us that he had a family member in mind for our car. We were pretty attached to ours as well. It was a great car and if not for the Tesla I probably would have kept it a lot longer.

hey bareyb do you think your guy would buy a 2007 s550 in great condition? i am eating really close to ordering a tesla. just trying to figure out which one. going p85 just need to figure out which options. they are telling me 2 months or more hopefully they are wrong.

hey bareyb do you think your guy would buy a 2007 s550 in great condition? i am eating really close to ordering a tesla. just trying to figure out which one. going p85 just need to figure out which options. they are telling me 2 months or more hopefully they are wrong.

Hey you never know. It's worth a shot. I know other folks have been pretty happy with them. They're in Sunnyvale across from Lozano's Car Wash:

Bay Area Auto Imports, Inc.
1035 W. El Camino Real
Sunnyvale, CA 94087

Phone: 408-733-1911
Email: [email protected]