Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The owner manual is generic. Unless every version of the model has it, the manual has to be generic.

I do not believe every Model S has had the HEPA filter.
I pity the buyer of my S70D from 2015. When they look at 'the' manual, they are going to wonder how to operate the stalks, when no stocks are present in the latest online manual. Shoot, just shopping for the older cars has to be a bit of internet archeology. Are the older manuals archived somewhere?

I pity the buyer of my S70D from 2015. When they look at 'the' manual, they are going to wonder how to operate the stalks, when no stocks are present in the latest online manual. Shoot, just shopping for the older cars has to be a bit of internet archeology. Are the older manuals archived somewhere?
I believe the cars carry their on-board manuals to be that exact car, not the MS owner's manual in general, so the owner of your car should be fine.

I believe the cars carry their on-board manuals to be that exact car, not the MS owner's manual in general, so the owner of your car should be fine.
Right, but does anyone actually read the manual when they sit in their car? If I can't flip through it, offline, then I wouldn't have the foggiest idea what kind of details I should expect to find in the manual -- like that there is a special mode the car has to be in when towed... and that the 12v will die quickly if the traction battery dies.
I'd just punt and call Roadside Assistance -- and then promptly get ignored when I get ahold of them.

Right, but does anyone actually read the manual when the sit in their car? If I can't flip through it, offline, then I wouldn't have the foggiest idea what kind of details I should expect to find in the manual -- like that there is a special mode the car has to be in when towed... and that the 12v will die quickly if the traction battery dies.
I'd just punt and call Roadside Assistance -- and then promptly get ignored when I get ahold of them.
Well I have lol, but I'm an EV nerd that way lol! I've had difficulty finding even the newest owner's manuals though, because when you search Tesla Support, you can't find it.

Did it legit work? No weird stuff or bugs? I've personally never done something like this, so how is it to like receive updates after that from the Play Store? Is it all normal?
Legit works.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210905-211947_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20210905-211947_Tesla.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 76
So if this is correct, does this mean that FSD V10 will indeed be available later this week for all new MS and other Tesla EVs with FSD via the “download beta” button option? If so, for all those who have FSD in their new MS Plaid/LR, what are your thoughts on trying it?

No

Thank you so much for the info. Just got it in and it works! I read their FAQ section and it all looked good. :)
Apkmirror would be the only place I'd ever point anyone. All the rest are super sketchy. That one is legit and run by Androidauthority.com a great site. Us android users gotta stick together

Been out working the past 7 days, so I'm only behind about 4,387, 932 pages on this forum!! Lots of catching up to do apparently :(
I spent HOURS on the phone with Tesla and USAA on Friday before leaving the country, then this afternoon as I arrived back in the States I end up back on the phone for several more hours to UN%uck this process. I can say that I am doubtful I will ever order another Tesla again. This has honestly been the most frustrating, convoluted and difficult vehicle purchase I have ever made. I am scheduled to pick up the car in 36 hours and I'm hoping that experience is A LOT better than the past 5 days.

Not at all! I also have a 2012 Sig model S so I had a pretty good idea on what I was getting into. Truthfully, the 6 seater X isn't the best (imo) for people or space. The S is awesome all the way around. Not regret.

The UI is going to take some time to get used to. Very different than I'm used to. I looked for "creep" but haven't seen it yet.

On the delivery side, the overall process went well. The car was pretty dirty but the driver was OK in trying to wipe areas as I asked. Biggest issue was a wheel with damage. There is a slight dent in a fender (hard to see) and the yoke worm. Overall I super happy with the quality.

Ran into a slight issue as I have personalized plates and they wanted to take them even after we had told the system we were keeping them. A couple of phone calls and it was resolved.

It was really nice having the time to look inside and outside before having to "accept".

Now on to PPF, tint and ceramic.

What is yoke worm?

After 8+ months of wait, my Model S "Nera" was finally delivered to pair with my wife's "Bianca".

The last few days of the process were a complete 180 from the preceding 8 months: My Tesla SA was very responsive at taking care of last-minute changes (adding a loan and quickly addressing the 2k discount).

The delivery was scheduled with a text message directing to a web page that let you pick a date and time.
The delivery happened on time, and the car is mostly flawless: there are some small paint imperfections, but everything else (both inside and out) is perfect.
Driving with a yoke is a non-issue, and so is changing direction with the screen.

Having driven a Model S for 8 years, I wasn't completely blown away by the car like in 2013.
Having said that, the interior is vastly improved and so is the acceleration.

As many have said, it was worth the wait.