Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Tigers I made some calls for you to make this happen. Hope it gets there before your summer 2022 delivery.🤣

@Tigers I made some calls for you to make this happen. Hope it gets there before your summer 2022 delivery.

OMG was JUST viewing this! I wouldn't get my hopes up personally @Tigers, as this is very clearly an early prototype. Single stitch on dashboard, differing color on the dashboard from the seats, and silver Tempests. The light pipes may happen though. :)

Reactions: impastu and Ormond
Decided to tackle installing the front flaps today, only to realize I have no clue how to get the center caps off the Arachnid wheels. I tried going back to the Tesla page, to see if it is in the manual, only to realize I can no longer view the manual online, now that I have the car.

So before I go sit in the car to peruse the manual, does anyone know if that info is in the manual, or have a link to proper cap removal procedures?

What I don’t understand is the two times I’ve asked my SA if they had anymore detail they said all they can see is what I see on my account page. Yet there are dozens of accounts of people clearly getting additional information that doesn’t reflect the Tesla portal, often worse news (which I’d prefer). Hard problem for sure.
I suspect that their are certain circumstances in which internal systems available to SAs diverge from our account pages. Maybe when production line runs are soft-matched to RN holders.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
This is certainly not good news for the Plaid production line in Fremont... all batteries must travel West on I-80 from Reno.

"As Spiegel noted on Twitter, the fire was small - but the excuse for missing the upcoming quarter could be huge!"

No injuries were reported.

View attachment 708026
How many cars-worth were in one truckload? 20?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Decided to tackle installing the front flaps today, only to realize I have no clue how to get the center caps off the Arachnid wheels. I tried going back to the Tesla page, to see if it is in the manual, only to realize I can no longer view the manual online, now that I have the car.

So before I go sit in the car to peruse the manual, does anyone know if that info is in the manual, or have a link to proper cap removal procedures?

I have taken mine off twice. Just pulled hard. You think you will break it but just keep pulling until you get it off.

someone else posted this as a solution...

OR, you can take a length of duct tape, sticky side out, roll it up in a ball, and stick it forcefully on the cap. Then give it a jerk...

Vistan

Just got my VIN for my Plaid Model S
Red/Black/CF/19” Wheels/FSD
(Ordered 9/22/20)
Scheduled Monday (9/20) Delivery Appointment
Almost 1 year later (Was Plaid+)
VIN:
5YJSA1E64MF4428##
Curious if this is a new build or if it has been sitting around for months waiting for missing parts.
Anyone have a clue how to determine date of Mfg…?

PPF will survive better than me seeing mud-flaps on my car every time I walk up to it….and all the laughs I would get from other drivers staring at them 🤦🏻‍♂️🙅🏻‍♂️
You're joking right? Many sports cars have mud flaps, and they are barely noticeable. You think people would actually notice them, and then laugh at you? I'm sorry, but I just don't see how I could choose what I am doing based on imaginary scenarios of how others will react. It's probably why I made it through high school without smoking. I couldn't care less what others think is cool.