Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my VIN for my Plaid Model S
Red/Black/CF/19” Wheels/FSD
(Ordered 9/22/20)
Scheduled Monday (9/20) Delivery Appointment
Almost 1 year later (Was Plaid+)
VIN:
5YJSA1E64MF4428##
Curious if this is a new build or if it has been sitting around for months waiting for missing parts.
Anyone have a clue how to determine date of Mfg…?
Just got the answer directly from Tesla!
It’s Brand Spank’n new.
Born 9/9/2021 :cool:

You're joking right? Many sports cars have mud flaps, and they are barely noticeable. You think people would actually notice them, and then laugh at you? I'm sorry, but I just don't see how I could choose what I am doing based on imaginary scenarios of how others will react. It's probably why I made it through high school without smoking. I couldn't care less what others think is cool.

I am not concerned what they will look like to others but actually what it looks like to me. I cannot invision it looking right but will save that judgement until I can see what it really looks like.

PPF will survive better than me seeing mud-flaps on my car every time I walk up to it….and all the laughs I would get from other drivers staring at them 🤦🏻‍♂️🙅🏻‍♂️
sflgator I-Pace.JPG

My I-Pace had 4 mudflaps on it...looked good, imho and did what they're supposed to do. Not sure why you think people would laugh at mudflaps on your Tesla MS LR? Seems silly to me.

View attachment 708583
My I-Pace had 4 mudflaps on it...looked good, imho and did what they're supposed to do. Not sure why you think people would laugh at mudflaps on your Tesla MS LR? Seems silly to me.
Nobody gives a rat's putute if you have mud flaps on a car, but you better believe if your paint is chipped from debris they will look at that. Nice I-pace. Beautiful car.

Maybe you could try raising your seat a bit for a higher seating/viewing position? Or conversly, maybe try lowering the yoke steering (unless it's already lowered to the lowest position)?
I lowered the yoke all the way down and it’s still pretty comfortable so I’ll keep it there, that did make a difference, plus the other recommendations of swiping left side > right was cool, didn’t know that. Thank you all.

Nobody gives a rat's putute if you have mud flaps on a car, but you better believe if your paint is chipped from debris they will look at that. Nice I-pace. Beautiful car.
Thanks. After just over 2 years of driving it (and with 36k miles on it), I sold my I-Pace HSE in March, 2021...thinking I was taking delivery of my 2021 MS Plaid in March or April. LOL. :rolleyes:🤣 I've been driving my daughter's 2019 Acura RDX AWD A-Spec since then...patiently waiting for my MS Plaid.

• Funny
Reactions: impastu and Ormond
You're joking right? Many sports cars have mud flaps, and they are barely noticeable. You think people would actually notice them, and then laugh at you? I'm sorry, but I just don't see how I could choose what I am doing based on imaginary scenarios of how others will react. It's probably why I made it through high school without smoking. I couldn't care less what others think is cool.
I agree. I don’t even notice the mud flaps on my car. I don’t have any, mind you, but still i don’t think i would care if I did. Which I don‘t, nor plan on getting. I feel confused.

I agree. I don’t even notice the mud flaps on my car. I don’t have any, mind you, but still i don’t think i would care if I did. Which I don‘t, nor plan on getting. I feel confused.

After reading your post, I had to go check my car to see if had mud flaps and did just not notice.

Those do not look bad but I just do not like the idea of them on a sports sedan. After driving the country freshly done chip n seal roads, I will be forced to do these more likely.
Funny you mention chip sealed roads…. Right after delivery, I added the flaps and headed to the ocean. Low and behold, there was a 10 mile stretch of fresh chip sealed road (loose gravel everywhere), where the speed was reduced to 35 mph. “Oh my, WTF,” I thought. What a racket for 10 miles. Chips? Not a one. I’ll take the flaps, thank you very much! 🙏

Last edited: