Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks and I agree. Only issue I have is the Tesla people tried to make it sound like it was going to be exactly the same. I sure hope not but now at least I'm mentally more prepared. Also glad I was at least able to drive it.

To a separate one of your points though, the yoke is absolutely my favorite part of the new car. Almost instantly I didn't have to look down at the turn signals or didn't feel like my hands were landing in weird spots holding it. The bottom being flat is a little strange feeling but absolutely did not feel like it was any issue whatsoever and I definitely prefer the yoke.

Vid coming shortly. Def, not all plaids are like the one they were trying the foist in you.

I'm not in a Tesla Desert, I have seen 5 so far...

Thanks and I agree. Only issue I have is the Tesla people tried to make it sound like it was going to be exactly the same. I sure hope not but now at least I'm mentally more prepared. Also glad I was at least able to drive it. Still can't believe they didn't even wash the car before delivery and left tons of adhesive on it.

To a separate one of your points though, the yoke is absolutely my favorite part of the new car. Almost instantly I didn't have to look down at the turn signals or didn't feel like my hands were landing in weird spots holding it. The bottom being flat is a little strange feeling but absolutely did not feel like it was any issue whatsoever and I definitely prefer the yoke.
@Tigers. Perhaps have the next one delivered to a different SC.

100% agreed with this. The yoke is a total non-issue and absolutely love it. I missed maybe one turn signal in my entire drive home. The automated turn signal functionality is an amazing upgrade. I had test driven one (local club member) and having to turn it off manually was a first world problem.

I did palm and miss the yoke turning in reverse once, but for three hours of ownership I felt like I should at least miss it once.

I also tried to use my knee to grab the bottom of the yoke while I closed my sunglass case - that was a fail. Nearly kneed myself in the face.

[QUOTE="cwanja, post: 6150035, member: 172674"

I also tried to use my knee to grab the bottom of the yoke while I closed my sunglass case - that was a fail. Nearly kneed myself in the face.
[/QUOTE]

That is a non issue for me. Being of a certain age, no way would I be that flexible except in a crash.

Another edge case where "O.G. Rule"

100% agreed with this. The yoke is a total non-issue and absolutely love it. I missed maybe one turn signal in my entire drive home. The automated turn signal functionality is an amazing upgrade. I had test driven one (local club member) and having to turn it off manually was a first world problem.

I did palm and miss the yoke turning in reverse once, but for three hours of ownership I felt like I should at least miss it once.

See, you'll learn the tricks. Turn on autopilot for the brief moment you need to take hands off the yoke. Car stays centered and manages fine and you have hands free for the moment you need it.

*I'm not recommending anyone drive their car unsafely, blah blah blah.

See, you'll learn the tricks. Turn on autopilot for the brief moment you need to take hands off the yoke. Car stays centered and manages fine and you have hands free for the moment you need it.

*I'm not recommending anyone drive their car unsafely, blah blah blah.

Even Elon took his hands off for a few moments. On a vid...

Ok, for @Tigers and others wishing to see a RED plaid of a more typical build, see vids below:

Looks basically identical to mine from some video pausing. Has the rocker panel inconsistency and the passenger side door outer top black trim has a very slight stair step between the doors, but only on the passenger side.

Glad to know they’re making them all the same.