Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In production Delivery 3rd week of July

VIN 95182
Obsidian Black 85D with pano, next gen seats,
autopilot, air suspension, high fidelity, interior package, moonroof
Black interior, black alcantara liner

6/17/15: Ordered

6/25/15: Confirmed
6/26/15: VIN assigned, in production queue
7/07/15: in Production

Still says "Late July" delivery

The best news one can get "Production Complete" In transit from the Factory!! Tomorrows mystery announcement is the completion of my Tesla.

7/15, Update:
Called my DES and he says my baby is now in a train car, in a yard, in New Mexico.
Scheduled to arrive in Chicago, within the week. From there, it should arrive in Cincinnati, Ohio, on 7/22.
After that it will be another 3 to 4 days to prepare it for delivery.
7/26 ??

Hello, fellow Indy owner!
My DES (John in Cincy) is not yet telling me any detailed dates via email... my 85D just finished (I think) production last night.
Getting VERY impatient LOL

Update:
VIN 95395
70D with pano, next gen seats,
autopilot, subzero, midnight silver
Light gray interior, white alcantara liner

6/21/15: Ordered

6/27/15: Confirmed
6/29/15: VIN assigned, in production queue
7/08/15: in Production
7/12/15: completed production, in transit from the factory!
Still says "August" delivery - likely due to train transit times to the North East.
whoa, that was fast, looks like production is just a 3-4 day process.

Update on 7/17/15: car being prepared for pickup or delivery

70D, Pano, Multi-coat Red, 19" wheels, Gray NG seats, carbon fiber, black alcantara headliner, autopilot, premium interior and lighting, UHF sound, subzero weather package.

VIN: 096074
Ordered: 06/27/2015
Confirmed: 07/04/2015
VIN assigned: 07/06/2015
In Production: 07/10/2015

As of 07/18/2015, it is still in production

Only have a rough estimate of August for delivery.

I was on a cruise with very limited internet, but found that my Tesla completed production and went in transit around July 11. DS says that arrival at the Cleveland service center is expected on the 29th and I'm scheduled to pick it up on the 31st! Hoping everything goes as planned!!

I'm surprised how quickly everything happened. It took just over a week from confirmation to production starting and looks like it only took somewhere between 3-5 days to go from start of production to in transit! Wish shipping were a bit faster, but such is life. I've waited this long...

I was on a cruise with very limited internet, but found that my Tesla completed production and went in transit around July 11. DS says that arrival at the Cleveland service center is expected on the 29th and I'm scheduled to pick it up on the 31st! Hoping everything goes as planned!!

I'm surprised how quickly everything happened. It took just over a week from confirmation to production starting and looks like it only took somewhere between 3-5 days to go from start of production to in transit! Wish shipping were a bit faster, but such is life. I've waited this long...

Sounds like mine finished production yesterday. DS called and sounds like mine will take 30 days for shipping. At least I'm still getting her!

my local tesla dealer actually gave me a 2 week loaner P85 due to my car not coming in yet...
If you're about to be a Tesla owner, you need to get with the lingo. There are no Tesla dealers. In Texas there are galleries and service centers, and in states where direct sales are allowed there are Tesla stores rather than galleries. Having company stores rather than dealers is one of the great things about Tesla.

If you're about to be a Tesla owner, you need to get with the lingo. There are no Tesla dealers. In Texas there are galleries and service centers, and in states where direct sales are allowed there are Tesla stores rather than galleries. Having company stores rather than dealers is one of the great things about Tesla.

For those of us old enough to remember, the term "company store" hasn't always been a positive.

Sounds like my experience has been pretty typical for a 70D as of late:
6/29: Ordered
7/6: Order accepted
7/7: Production queue
7/14: Building
7/18: Done
7/20: In transit
8/7: Target delivery

I'm in Orlando, and it sounds like it goes by rail Birmingham, AL, then by truck from there. Just over 2.5 weeks to make the trip from Fremont.

In Transit is our 2015 70D VIN: 70378

Just an example of how VINs do NOT always run in order.

Texas delivery expected in late July, 2015.

(And our Governor says that Tesla is doing a bad thing since it's being sold factory direct--I guess if Elon stepped up his lobbying by 10X perhaps the story would change? What a joke we're becoming when the Texas corruption is so obvious to all.)