Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update:
VIN 95395
70D with pano, next gen seats,
autopilot, subzero, midnight silver
Light gray interior, white alcantara liner

6/21/15: Ordered

6/27/15: Confirmed
6/29/15: VIN assigned, in production queue
7/08/15: in Production
7/12/15: completed production, in transit from the factory!
Still says "August" delivery - likely due to train transit times to the North East.
whoa, that was fast, looks like production is just a 3-4 day process.
7/17/15: "Your car is being prepared for pickup or delivery"

Called my DES. He says, yes, your car is one of the lucky few that got put on the truck and it's here! When would you like to pick it up? Pickup scheduled for this weekend! That would basically a month from when I first entered the order.

Update
Ordered: 6/30/15
Confirmed 7/7/15
Vin: 096535 on 7/8/15
Updated google spreadsheet
70D with pano, black next gen seats,
autopilot, upgraded sound,
black alcantara liner
The Tesla Factory is building your Model S. - 7/15/15 - 5 days ahead of schedule.

7/21/15 - Your Model S is in transit from the factory.
Estimate for delivery is still Late August. Slow train from China is guess. At least it will allow the paint to cure.

In production 7/15 - 5 days ahead of DS' data

S85D Ordered 6/30
Confirmed 7/5
Vin# 96529
In production 7/15
7/21 - Production Complete - In Transit From the Factory - still showing Late August Delivery.

- - - Updated - - -

78Lion - our rides will definitely be getting to know each other well on the cross country trip. Hoping they update delivery to sooner over next few days.

S85D Ordered 6/30
Confirmed 7/5
Vin# 96529
In production 7/15
7/21 - Production Complete - In Transit From the Factory - still showing Late August Delivery.

- - - Updated - - -

78Lion - our rides will definitely be getting to know each other well on the cross country trip. Hoping they update delivery to sooner over next few days.

Emailed Adam today. He still claims last week of August for delivery. Also stated mine is complete but not in transit yet

85D, Black Metallic, All Available options except wheel upgrade
VIN: 097585

7/10/15: Ordered
7/17/15: Confirmed
7/22/15: Your Model S has entered the production queue at our Factory in Fremont, California.

When I ordered it was "Late August" delivery. Now it's showing September delivery in MyTesla. New builds are showing Late August. Not sure what's right.

Based on how things have been going the last couple of months, what do you guys think my date will be?

85D, Black Metallic, All Available options except wheel upgrade
VIN: 097585

7/10/15: Ordered
7/17/15: Confirmed
7/22/15: Your Model S has entered the production queue at our Factory in Fremont, California.

When I ordered it was "Late August" delivery. Now it's showing September delivery in MyTesla. New builds are showing Late August. Not sure what's right.

Based on how things have been going the last couple of months, what do you guys think my date will be?
My guess is you could get it in Late August if you were located in California. Being in Cleveland means you need to allow a couple weeks for transit so you're probably looking at the second week of September.

7/16/15: Ordered
7/23/15: Confirmed
7/24/15: Your Model S has entered the production queue at our Factory in Fremont, California.

Got a call three days
ago, 7/21, already scheduling delivery for Sept 4, but they said there is a chance it could move back a few days to after the holiday. My current lease ends mid September so I thought I wasn't in a rush, but now I can't wait.

85D
Midnight Silver/Grey Interior/ NG seats/Matte Obeche/White alcantera
Autopilot/Pano/Premier interior lighting/Ultra high fidelity sound
Vin: 96816
Ordered 7/3
Confirmed 7/10
In production 7/16
est delivery late July

7/24: Production complete--pick up scheduled for 7/30 in Culver City
Very fast--27 days from first order to delivery! (it helps to be in southern cal :)

- - - Updated - - -

85D
Midnight Silver/Grey Interior/ NG seats/Matte Obeche/White alcantera
Autopilot/Pano/Premier interior lighting/Ultra high fidelity sound
Vin: 96816
Ordered 7/3
Confirmed 7/10
In production 7/16
est delivery late July

7/24: Production complete--pick up scheduled for 7/30 in Culver City
Very fast--27 days from first order to delivery! (it helps to be in southern cal :)

7/17/15: "Your car is being prepared for pickup or delivery"

Called my DES. He says, yes, your car is one of the lucky few that got put on the truck and it's here! When would you like to pick it up? Pickup scheduled for this weekend! That would basically a month from when I first entered the order.

Oh COME ON! Not fair!!!
Mine went into production same day as yours, but it's currently on a train in New Mexico, with an August pickup in Cincinnati.
Boooo!
(but congrats!)

I was on a cruise with very limited internet, but found that my Tesla completed production and went in transit around July 11. DS says that arrival at the Cleveland service center is expected on the 29th and I'm scheduled to pick it up on the 31st! Hoping everything goes as planned!!

I'm surprised how quickly everything happened. It took just over a week from confirmation to production starting and looks like it only took somewhere between 3-5 days to go from start of production to in transit! Wish shipping were a bit faster, but such is life. I've waited this long...
My car is now showing "being prepared for pickup or delivery" and I got a call from my DS that it actually arrived earlier than expected and I can take delivery on the 29th instead of the 31st!! I don't know why I have to wait that long if it's already being prepared for pickup, but I wouldn't be able to get there before Wednesday anyway. So, less than a week left!!

On May 29th I suggested a Tesla Model S to a woman who started a thread in the White Sox message board on May 25th requesting new car advice.

She ordered a P85D on June 5th and it was delivered to her on July 21st in Columbus, Ohio.

Here’s that thread: http://www.forums.mlb.com/discussions/Chicago_White_Sox/_/_/ml-whitesox/124782.1

It was today in an unrelated thread on that message board that she informed me of the delivery date.

She also wrote, “I am loving my new car. It draws attention wherever I take it. I hope that will fade in time, but it is a beautiful machine…On a funny note, I transferred all my gas points to a friend. LOL!”