Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also he said that they do not assign SA's anymore and their is no SA ownership of accounts like there was previously.
That might be true. Though I have been consistently texted by the same SA in Camarillo. Poor guy as I tend to deal directly with my Customer Loyalty Advisor in Fremont. He always calls me back and has been absolutely incredible managing our two orders.

We had to recently push out wife’s MYP as she had to go to see her mom in Canada.

My Plaid order history is long. But to sum it up, I’ve had to decline 3 VINs due to my own travel schedule.

Implying you are not being treated in a satisfactory manor is a result of your case being subjective. I can honestly, yet subjectively, say Tesla's model is better than other manufacturer's model. I have had better interactions with Tesla in both service and sales, after purchasing 3 cars from them, than I have had with Mercedes, for instance. But it's a subjective measure.

Qualitatively I, and a few others, have stated how Tesla is successful. And that the auto industry is moving towards their model, not distancing themselves from Tesla's model. I've already conceded that Tesla could do it better, this is not what was originally stated. What was originally stated is that Tesla's model is not successful.
Speaking of LOL! Great sales model it is lol!

Implying you are not being treated in a satisfactory manor is a result of your case being subjective. I can honestly, yet subjectively, say Tesla's model is better than other manufacturer's model. I have had better interactions with Tesla in both service and sales, after purchasing 3 cars from them, than I have had with Mercedes, for instance. But it's a subjective measure.

Qualitatively I, and a few others, have stated how Tesla is successful. And that the auto industry is moving towards their model, not distancing themselves from Tesla's model. I've already conceded that Tesla could do it better, this is not what was originally stated. What was originally stated is that Tesla's model is not successful.
I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree.

Just as funny as the markup Tesla applied to the model s within a span of a few months.
Nope. People who already had orders in locked in their price. There are no nasty surprises at the end, once you've already placed an order. Big difference. Imagine waiting 20-30 weeks for a Mach-E, and then getting the "Oh yeah btw it'll be 20k more, because we don't make any money off these EVs with no service." Would not be fun. :)

Nope. People who already had orders in locked in their price. There are no nasty surprises at the end, once you've already placed an order. Big difference. Imagine waiting 20-30 weeks for a Mach-E, and then getting the "Oh yeah btw it'll be 20k more, because we don't make any money off these EVs with no service." Would not be fun. :)
You’re right, replace model s with cybertruck…

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
You’re right, replace model s with cybertruck…
No legally binding paperwork then, so yeah it'll happen. But the CT "orders" are actually a deposit, and not an actual order. The Ford case would be taking an actual order for a car, keeping that non binding paperwork, and then jacking the price up at the last minute. Again, big difference. Reservations (NOT an order), vs. actual orders that are changed.

No legally binding paperwork then, so yeah it'll happen. But the CT "orders" are actually a deposit, and not an actual order. The Ford case would be taking an actual order for a car, keeping that non binding paperwork, and then jacking the price up at the last minute. Again, big difference. Reservations (NOT an order), vs. actual orders that are changed.
Lol ok

• Funny
Hello everyone. I know that there are obvious delays with the Model S, but I wanted to see if my case was extreme. I placed my order on July 11, and at that time, Tesla gave a delivery window of September-October. That obviously came and went with delivery dates being pushed out to November and then December. My most recent window was December 21-31, which was a much smaller time frame than the 1 month windows I have been getting in the past. So I thought that was more concrete. Well last night, my profile updated to a delivery window of January 6-February 3. That pushes me to 6 months post order for a possible delivery.

Are others in the same boat for delivery time frames? I figured waiting 3-4 months would be long enough. But 6 months plus is getting out of hand. Please let me know if others are experiencing the same length of delays.
You're still a youngster :)

Hello everyone. I know that there are obvious delays with the Model S, but I wanted to see if my case was extreme. I placed my order on July 11, and at that time, Tesla gave a delivery window of September-October. That obviously came and went with delivery dates being pushed out to November and then December. My most recent window was December 21-31, which was a much smaller time frame than the 1 month windows I have been getting in the past. So I thought that was more concrete. Well last night, my profile updated to a delivery window of January 6-February 3. That pushes me to 6 months post order for a possible delivery.

Are others in the same boat for delivery time frames? I figured waiting 3-4 months would be long enough. But 6 months plus is getting out of hand. Please let me know if others are experiencing the same length of delays.
Come join us over in the White Interiors thread. You're actually a month behind me and my EDD's have been the same as yours.

i think there's a real chance you'll get your VIN soon - with a march/april place holder. not sure why they do that, but seems to happen a lot. still must be gut wrenching.
Yeah it’s not a good feeling, I try to keep my excitement at a minimum to avoid being let down but when the date changed to December 23-31 and stayed there for weeks I was actually excited.

Started this "room" to keep us entertained, during "the slow times"....