Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same!

600E2318-FFB4-4A2B-BE39-9835E20F231B.jpeg

Well here what I am sure about. When sa called he said the car is 101000 with no fsd while mine was 95 with fsd. Lease payment went up two hundred dollars and I said I will subscribe to fsd later so yes I took it.
Now when I did the down payment I had a cheaper pricing ont account even though vins are the same. The sticker is 101000 showing only autopilot while app is showing 97000 with full fsd. So how come. Could the account be honoring my grandfathered cheaper pricing??? I guess will find out tomorrow when I sign actual lease paperwork
See if you;can have them add the FSD to the lease. I did the math when I was going to lease, and with a 55% residual the FSD was about $4,500 for 3 years.
though, my neighbor is telling me he had 3 teslas with FSD and he skipped it on his plaid, as it just doesn’t work. I know there have posts about dropping it so I need to look into it, but want it for now as I thought it would get me a car quicker. it did’t.

Just following up if anyone is interested. This mounts right above the front wireless chargers, under the screen. Weird thing is, my part is already there and seems to be normal.

Let me know if you’re missing this in your S because they left it in my center console
Can I have it? Do you also have the rest of the pieces of the car? Quicker this way, been almost 8 months already…

Finally picked up my car today!!!! Didn't find anything wrong. Everything opened and closed with no problems, panels were perfect. Delivery went smoothly. I Am missing the trunk covers but should have them in a week. Car is at spa getting PPF and tint. Autopilot cameras calibrated pretty quickly on the way to the Detail Shop. Yoke is awesome!!!! Good luck to everyone still waiting- It is worth the wait!!!

How about some updates on the ANC, or noise mitigation effectiveness?
Seems like ARNR is rolling out wide in 2021.44.5. Reviews will probably come in a day or so. But since it is based upon each individual persons ears, one person could say it sucks and the other person says it is amazing. Neither hear the same.

Oh this is interesting. I mean it might be just me, but these sure look like the original light silver Tempest covers.....

The Model S covers look the same as the configuration designer. Which is lighter than actually in person. Definitely does not seem like the Model S Tempest silver ones. Just compare it to the Model Y covers. Significant color difference.

I never said anything about not liking the way I was being treated. Not even even sure what you mean by that.
And again the system is unsuccessful because Tesla isn’t interested in investing money into that part of the business. You can’t honestly say that as is Tesla’s current model is overall better than a dealer?
I can call my local BMW dealer and schedule an appointment for no longer than 2 business days out, their parts stock is much better than Tesla’s.

And again Tesla’s model COULD be better but it’s NOT AT THE MOMENT.
I've actually had good experiences at my Telsa SVC. I've never had any major work done but have always gotten in with in a couple days and everything was fixed quickly and professionally. Maybe my center is an outlier. BMW service might have been good pre-pandemic, but it is not good now. They can't keep up with service or parts. I needed a rear tailgate piece on my 2021 X5 and it took over a month to get the part. Once it arrived they wanted me to drop off the car and they would get to it in 4 to 5 days????? Who would drop off a car and let it sit in a parking lot for a week until they can squeeze it in? I've never seen so many cars inside their service center or parked around the edges. It was madhouse and every customer I ran into was pretty pissed off.

Seems like ARNR is rolling out wide in 2021.44.5. Reviews will probably come in a day or so. But since it is based upon each individual persons ears, one person could say it sucks and the other person says it is amazing. Neither hear the same.
But it’s not…. is there more than one 44.5 update?

I've actually had good experiences at my Telsa SVC. I've never had any major work done but have always gotten in with in a couple days and everything was fixed quickly and professionally. Maybe my center is an outlier. BMW service might have been good pre-pandemic, but it is not good now. They can't keep up with service or parts. I needed a rear tailgate piece on my 2021 X5 and it took over a month to get the part. Once it arrived they wanted me to drop off the car and they would get to it in 4 to 5 days????? Who would drop off a car and let it sit in a parking lot for a week until they can squeeze it in? I've never seen so many cars inside their service center or parked around the edges. It was madhouse and every customer I ran into was pretty pissed off.
This is exactly the point I was making earlier. The experiences on this forum are statistical noise. If we had the aggregated data of all service experiences from all Tesla customers, as well as BMW, MB, etc, then we could determine if Tesla is successful, if we’re defining success as a good service or delivery experience. We as humans tend to validate our biases by seeking out information that affirms those biases. We also anchor ourselves to certain statements, also easy to do here on a forum. If someone says a negative experience happened at a Tesla SC, we will anchor to that statement despite prevailing alternative facts. And vice versa.

What we can tell, since Tesla is publicly traded, is that they are profitable and growing incredibly fast. And the only true quantifiable measure of a sustainable company is yearly revenue growth. Not profitability, but top line revenue growth. Tesla has that and has for many years.

We also know that the legacy manufacturers are modeling after Tesla, not the other way. They’re moving as quickly as they can to get there but have a huge obstacle in their own dealer bases, current factories that are liabilities, an oversized workforce, a general lack of cohesive technology, and more. Regardless, Tesla has become the goal.

To me, I cannot view the company as anything but successful. It has many problems, no doubt. One of the biggest being the over-reliance on Musk. It’s a dangerous position, the stock would get decimated if something happened to him. Could it recover? Sure, if the leadership is there to pick up the pieces.

And then there’s the quality, fit and finish, communication, and all the other issues that surface here. But I’d rather be tasked with solving those issues than being tasked to develop an entire EV production model lineup while simultaneously trying adapt to a new way of selling everything, including cars.