Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my vin today!

Attachments

• F85D8168-8C92-48C3-8D71-D1B11E7B6AC8.jpeg
    F85D8168-8C92-48C3-8D71-D1B11E7B6AC8.jpeg
    124.5 KB · Views: 101
Oh. I didn’t know that lol. It is 472 actually. What does it mean?
When a VIN is assigned it is USUALLY that you are getting a new one built but in some cases you may get one that was built a few weeks ago, maybe someone cancelled an order or declined delivery.

A 472 indicates its new, as said above, fresh off the press.

As many are excited / curious on when the new lights will appear in the wild, a 472 piques their interest and will have many clamoring for info when it arrives.

Got my vin today!
Congrats on getting your VIN, but be aware this will annoy many people who ordered the exact configuration you did months before you who are still waiting. This is definitely not your problem, though. Some people think Tesla is prioritizing later orders that are at a higher price point, and this sort of thing seems to confirm that. I'm hoping to get my Black/White MS sometime in the next month or so, but have been waiting since June!

Congrats on getting your VIN, but be aware this will annoy many people who ordered the exact configuration you did months before you who are still waiting. This is definitely not your problem, though. Some people think Tesla is prioritizing later orders that are at a higher price point, and this sort of thing seems to confirm that. I'm hoping to get my Black/White MS sometime in the next month or so, but have been waiting since June!
Since it's a Plaid order, turnaround time is 4-6 weeks. Definitely frustrating for non Plaid customers.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
When a VIN is assigned it is USUALLY that you are getting a new one built but in some cases you may get one that was built a few weeks ago, maybe someone cancelled an order or declined delivery.

A 472 indicates its new, as said above, fresh off the press.

As many are excited / curious on when the new lights will appear in the wild, a 472 piques their interest and will have many clamoring for info when it arrives.
Thanks for the explanation. I will definitely update when I see the car. I am hoping for the new light.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Seeing so many 1151’s get vins has got me wondering if they are looking to push all the old lights out on the lower price orders because the new matrix headlights are materially more expensive.
Good point, I see on the tracking form, 1151 are getting Vin # left and right. The final slap in the face for all those who didn’t pay the new price.

Tracking form? Sry new here.

More and more, I think the new *sugar* comes out in very late March/April.

I bet for any of us with a hold, Tesla calls us up next month and tells us either take the car or forget it. In which case, I'll tell them forget it.

Sorry - you've already agreed to allow the car to be on hold to a certain time frame, which is reasonable an has been the case in the company's history. Just because you willy nilly decide to change a policy off the cusp doesnt mean that should apply to existing agreements. if you think it does, I can buy another car, no problem.

I only think this is a possibility because of what they did with my Model 3 order. Called me in Q4 and told me that they decided either take it in Q4 or kiss their ass. I laughed and never responded. Of course, the Model 3 was the same price as it was when I ordered so it was a pretty empty threat. Obviously not the case with the Model S, but the outcome would be the same.