Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The shenanigans are still there after delivery - they just get different.
No no no, please no bad juju going into Monday :( (Yeah I know there is chance of that but I'm being....optimistic lol)
I get that there are supply chain issues but it doesn't change the fact that we are being jerked around and lied to. The supply chain issues are not new? it has been going on for what 2+YRS now? When Tesla says they will deliver my order if I placed it today in July 2022. Would you take that bet? LOL. They know more than they are willing to share...I'm simply saying they could do better. ALOT better by their customers. This will bite them in the ass someday. Guaranteed.

I'm even worried after I take delivery some day. If I need a major repair or someone hits me and my car get's demolished. It will be the last Tesla I own.
Someone ordered one in January, and got theirs this month. How? No F*#$ing clue, but they did. So too be fair they aren't lying :p

Unfortunately, with how popular they are and how many people want them so badly. I doubt it bites them in the ass any time soon, if ever 🤷‍♂️

Oh, I got hit and it was in the shop for like...4 or 5 months? I'm super lucky I had a 2nd car because it took so long, so just buckle up if that happens .-.

There just isn't anything that compares atm. You either have to pay significantly more, accept 1/2 the range, or wait like you're waiting for a Tesla.
It sucks, and wish they'd be more outright about their delivery times.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
No no no, please no bad juju going into Monday :( (Yeah I know there is chance of that but I'm being....optimistic lol)

Someone ordered one in January, and got theirs this month. How? No F*#$ing clue, but they did. So too be fair they aren't lying :p

Unfortunately, with how popular they are and how many people want them so badly. I doubt it bites them in the ass any time soon, if ever 🤷‍♂️

Oh, I got hit and it was in the shop for like...4 or 5 months? I'm super lucky I had a 2nd car because it took so long, so just buckle up if that happens .-.

There just isn't anything that compares atm. You either have to pay significantly more, accept 1/2 the range, or wait like you're waiting for a Tesla.
It sucks, and wish they'd be more outright about their delivery times.
Tbh I almost wish Tesla would stop giving out EDDs so people would stop complaining about it getting pushed back. I think if it actually said something to the effect of "it comes when it comes", people would be less inclined to find fault. I know this is unlikely, but I think it would stop a lot of complaints. :)

Location/region differences, and inventory at that moment relative to order location likely account for >90% of those situations.
I’m not buying that. We’re talking about months difference in order dates. Some have orders that are a year old or more. Are you saying Tesla hasn’t built their configuration and shipped to their region over that period of time?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I’m not buying that. We’re talking about months difference in order dates. Some have orders that are a year old or more. Are you saying Tesla hasn’t built their configuration and shipped to their region over that period of time?
Yeah they appear to do regional shifts if you will, where they put focus on a general region for a period of time during the quarter. Especially originally, production rate, delivery location, and vehicle specification all varied the delivery date.

They also appear to do batches of colors, specs, etc... at a time (hence why we didn't see white or red Model Ss after the new light shutdown for around a week), so if they are not building many of that particular spec at the moment, then that'll change delivery. And there's more to it than that. It's very complicated lol. I get confused sometimes lol. :)

Reactions: DFWBrad
I am not buying that either. My RN1151** and they had delivered cars with RN numbers well above mine. Tesla not treating customers as order but more about how much money I'm going to spend. Just because I placed order when price was low, that don't mean tesla can treat me as lower class citizens. That is something I'm not happy about

I am not buying that either. My RN1151** and they had delivered cars with RN numbers well above mine. Tesla not treating customers as order but more about how much money I'm going to spend. Just because I placed order when price was low, that don't mean tesla can treat me as lower class citizens. That is something I'm not happy about
There was SOOOO much discussion of this in the summer of '21 (I was there), if Tesla was prioritizing post-increase orders over pre-increase orders. AFAIK, there was never any evidence of this. People liked to think that maybe there were ulterior motives and that was the reason for their delays, but I'm not aware of any solid evidence of them doing this. (Someone who was there in that time correct me if I'm wrong).
They absolutely prioritized the 21" wheels and FSD when production was low (why wouldn't you if you were in their shoes; got to recoup costs ASAP), but now the wheels no longer matter.

FSD still does, which again, if you're supply constrained, why wouldn't you? Might as well provide an incentive for the customer to purchase it, which further increases margin. As an investor, nothing makes me happier than to see the FSD prioritization.:)

Well, MSLR dates already got officially pushed out.

New orders with options showing Jul-Sep 2022

New orders without options showing Nov 2022 - Jan 2023

Edit: actually 3/Y/S/X got pushed out.

IMG_5645.JPG

There was SOOOO much discussion of this in the summer of '21 (I was there), if Tesla was prioritizing post-increase orders over pre-increase orders. AFAIK, there was never any evidence of this. People liked think that maybe there were ulterior and that was the reason for their delays, but I'm not aware of any solid evidence of them doing this. (Someone who was there in that time correct me if I'm wrong).
They absolutely prioritized the 21" wheels and FSD when production was low (why wouldn't you if you were in their shoes; got to recoup costs ASAP), but now the wheels no longer matter.

FSD still does, which again, if you're supply constrained, why wouldn't you? Might as well provide an incentive for the customer to purchase it, which further increases margin. As an investor, nothing makes me happier than to see the FSD prioritization.:)
Here is fact for you. Alot of discussion because so many incidents like this occurred to customers. Yes, unless tesla tells us they prioritize by pricing, we will never know.
Owning tesla stock and driving tesla don't make you an expert in thus topic unless you have internal information provided by the company.
Look, we are here in this forum because we enjoy Tesla vehicles and share our experiences about the vehicles and company. We are not expert. I don't even know if Tesla prioritize order or not but so far, many cases had occurred. Also, owning stock mean you should know something about business, which is profit versus cost, supply shortages mean parts and accessories cost more, that's why car price go up. If they don't sell higher price cars now at market price, when demand catching up, you think people will pay for today price ?

There was SOOOO much discussion of this in the summer of '21 (I was there), if Tesla was prioritizing post-increase orders over pre-increase orders. AFAIK, there was never any evidence of this. People liked to think that maybe there were ulterior motives and that was the reason for their delays, but I'm not aware of any solid evidence of them doing this. (Someone who was there in that time correct me if I'm wrong).

As a business owner, it makes sense. As a customer, it sucks.
Unfortunately, that's just the nature of it.
Here is fact for you. Alot of discussion because so many incidents like this occurred to customers. Yes, unless tesla tells us they prioritize by pricing, we will never know.
Owning tesla stock and driving tesla don't make you an expert in thus topic unless you have internal information provided by the company.
Look, we are here in this forum because we enjoy Tesla vehicles and share our experiences about the vehicles and company. We are not expert. I don't even know if Tesla prioritize order or not but so far, many cases had occurred. Also, owning stock mean you should know something about business, which is profit versus cost, supply shortages mean parts and accessories cost more, that's why car price go up. If they don't sell higher price cars now at market price, when demand catching up, you think people will pay for today price ?
We 100% know they prioritize by pricing....just look at the post you quoted. Add options? Earlier delivery date. Remove options, later delivery date.....
I highly doubt it's due to us ordering a cheaper priced version, and am much more sure it's dependent on location, which is apparent over the years I've read on the forum.

Your RN was before mine (152 vs 151), I had a fully loaded out MSLR
- Color upgrade
- Interior upgrade
- Wheel upgrade
- FSD upgrade (which was removed recently)

What was your build?

Also, this is my second Tesla. I wonder if they take that into account like Ferrari and some other brands do xD
You must be loaded 😆. I had a hard time talking to the wife about ordering one Tesla. You ordered 2. Anyway, congrats, hope you get them sooner
He's not loaded, he just went to their website. Just changing the wheel changes your delivery date by months. 100% base model is up to Jan 2023

We 100% know they prioritize by pricing....just look at the post you quoted. Add options? Earlier delivery date. Remove options, later delivery date.....
I highly doubt it's due to us ordering a cheaper priced version, and am much more sure it's dependent on location, which is apparent over the years I've read on the forum.

- Color upgrade
- Interior upgrade
- Wheel upgrade

What was your build?

Also, this is my second Tesla. I wonder if they take that into account like Ferrari and some other brands do xD

He's not loaded, he just went to their website. Just changing the wheel changes your delivery date by months. 100% base model is up to Jan 2023
Excellent perspective! :)

Reactions: Alex Philips
Tbh I almost wish Tesla would stop giving out EDDs so people would stop complaining about it getting pushed back. I think if it actually said something to the effect of "it comes when it comes", people would be less inclined to find fault. I know this is unlikely, but I think it would stop a lot of complaints. :)
That wouldn’t matter people would still be on here comparing order dates , builds and actual deliveries. This would still have us all scratching our heads.

The store recently told me oh you got red/Creme 21”s they usually prioritize the more expensive orders.

I was like not mine…..then they swore I’d have a VIN any day.. Nope.

Pretty sure I had the most expensive build at time of order less FSD for a LR.

There are countless people irritated by everything with the delivery process. Service, repairs.

I just hope I am a lucky one like my neighbors that all have teslas and just worship them after they receive it. They have had virtually no issues.

Tesla needs to start building out their service capabilities because they are churning out cars and nobody can fix or service them in a reasonable time and it is only going to get worse.

Somewhere in an office there they know exactly how many of each combination are ordered. They know exactly how many they intend to build each quarter. Where am I at in line??? Why is that so hard?

Start spending some of those record profits already!

- Color upgrade
- Interior upgrade
- Wheel upgrade

What was your build?

Mine is Model S LR 19 in. White exterior black interior Auto Pilot. RN 11514* . EDD date were moved at least 4 times now, first Feb, then June, then May, then March. Now is April