Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So...after considering a 21 MSLR with $8k off from MSRP Im back to waiting. Too much back and forward and lack of communication from my assigned SA got me back in line just like I was as of yesterday AM.

I demanded to see the car, which I never saw after 2 trips to the SC..."ohh it is in service getting inspected"..."ohhh is not ready"...:eek:hhh, this, ohhh that"....I told them UNMATCH that VIN right now from my account, I want to go back to the waiting room, let me know when a new car arrives, whatever.

RN1167xxxx, ordered on 3/14 before price hike, edd July, to May - July, to Aug - Sep, to now March - Apr

Im just going back to sleep and wake up when they have the mofokin car.

@Ormond are you going back to get yours? Im pretty sure I saw a blue/cream sitting on the lot. I know you refused it.

Anyways, back to ranting about edd changes and reading about missing door panels, brakes pads and new hinges.
My EDD now reads TBD. No one has contacted me regarding an inventory car.

I spoke with my SA today and he said that he was told by Tesla that we won't see new EDD updates until the first or second week of April b/c of EOQ updates.
Pretty sure that this is not a fact as they usually know less than us on this forum....

IMHO, that is his way of saying don't bother us for another two weeks....

Pick up my Plaid Red + Black + Carbon + 21” tomorrow after 18 months of EDD gyrations.

Thank you all for the funnies and info. Forum has a lot of characters and character. Appreciated the camaraderie, banter, and the rumor funnel. Many a long day and late night here absorbing and posting.

Unless something goes horribly wrong at delivery, I’m outta here. Wishing everyone the best of luck.

If anyone is worried,
  • It is a 473 VIN (lights!)
  • Not a damaged discount vehicle (camera!)
  • Not a buyer rejected car (action!)
Buyer’s finance fell through and it landed in my lap.

I’ll post before and Affter (PPF, tiny, debadging) pix in a new thread.

Last edited:
F49F0ED1-E15A-45F6-92CF-FD659054B78D.jpeg

Going to pick it up now. This is the pic the wrap guy send me.
B3C1B5A1-D074-4241-AFDC-49D00B5B5692.jpeg
4ADD079B-823A-4620-BFB2-18035F1D27F7.jpeg

@DFWBrad. Did I read you right that you have the 2.0 and think the headlights are "designed by a child" due to their performance?

Yeah that looks like misalignment to me. Very odd gap for sure.
My garage is dirty as all be please don't judge. We've been building a massive garage to the left :p

Pic 1 high beams off: see how the left side is higher than the right, and there is a "dip" in the left light? It's way more pronounced the further back you go, like while driving
Pic 2 high beams on: I tried to line up the left light where it touches the crease, and you can see there is a 3in difference at this range
Pic 3: just a cool sunset, and got that pesky front license plate off

Is this what the lights are supposed to look like? Or is there something off?

Attachments

• 20220329_194425.jpg
    20220329_194425.jpg
    335.6 KB · Views: 65
  • 20220329_194418.jpg
    20220329_194418.jpg
    342.3 KB · Views: 68
  • 20220329_194156.jpg
    20220329_194156.jpg
    481.2 KB · Views: 70
My garage is dirty as all be please don't judge. We've been building a massive garage to the left :p

Pic 1 high beams off: see how the left side is higher than the right, and there is a "dip" in the left light? It's way more pronounced the further back you go, like while driving
Pic 2 high beams on: I tried to line up the left light where it touches the crease, and you can see there is a 3in difference at this range

Oh no that's bad tbh. Looks misaligned to me. :)

Reactions: DukeofURL

09E515FB-916F-420F-A89C-273CEDDD7909.jpeg

Aight, so I'm not dumb it's actually bad!

hmmm Will check but didn't see any option last night *goes back to car*

• Informative
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
53271FDD-9216-414E-8531-96201899189E.png

So...should I contact service to see if they'll fix it? Cause if I mess with it will they blame me and not fix it?

Seems simple enough, but I've had those words leave my mouth followed by many hours of troubleshooting lol

Attachments

• 20220329_201125.jpg
    20220329_201125.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 52
So tell us, does your UI have this adjustment option???

View attachment 787665
Yeah, I attached an image with that post showing the setting, will attach to this one as well :)
Went ahead and scheduled my service for it, if they charge I'll do it myself (which would be BS for a new $100k car .-.)
If not, I will share my feedback on what they did exactly as those directions are for the old lights it looks like.
I appreciate your confidence in this matter!! 🤣

Attachments

• 20220329_201125.jpg
    20220329_201125.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 55
Reactions: jebinc
Yeah, I attached an image with that post showing the setting, will attach to this one as well :)
Went ahead and scheduled my service for it, if they charge I'll do it myself (which would be BS for a new $100k car .-.)
If not, I will share my feedback on what they did exactly as those directions are for the old lights it looks like.

I appreciate your confidence in this matter!! 🤣
Go for it!