Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So...after considering a 21 MSLR with $8k off from MSRP Im back to waiting. Too much back and forward and lack of communication from my assigned SA got me back in line just like I was as of yesterday AM.

I demanded to see the car, which I never saw after 2 trips to the SC..."ohh it is in service getting inspected"..."ohhh is not ready"...:eek:hhh, this, ohhh that"....I told them UNMATCH that VIN right now from my account, I want to go back to the waiting room, let me know when a new car arrives, whatever.

RN1167xxxx, ordered on 3/14 before price hike, edd July, to May - July, to Aug - Sep, to now March - Apr

Im just going back to sleep and wake up when they have the mofokin car.

@Ormond are you going back to get yours? Im pretty sure I saw a blue/cream sitting on the lot. I know you refused it.

Anyways, back to ranting about edd changes and reading about missing door panels, brakes pads and new hinges.

I went to my local Tesla store today to bug them about our car orders. It just so happened that they had a Model S LR available that had just been rejected because the buyer didn't like what they offered for their trade-in. The sales advisor asked me if I wanted it, and I happily agreed. It's red with black interior and has the 21" wheels. And I get it at the original May 2021 order price!
We'll be picking it up tomorrow at 11am. NF475!

I went to my local Tesla store today to bug them about our car orders. It just so happened that they had a Model S LR available that had just been rejected because the buyer didn't like what they offered for their trade-in. The sales advisor asked me if I wanted it, and I happily agreed. It's red with black interior and has the 21" wheels. And I get it at the original May 2021 order price!
We'll be picking it up tomorrow at 11am. NF475!
That's so awesome!!! :O Timing in life can be so key

Whelp. For anyone following my nonsense, my house got delayed again. And my Tesla order got canceled. Went from “Tell us when you’re ready.” To canceled.

Oh well. I ended up putting in an order for a Plaid instead 😆 June - July delivery window. My house is supposed to be done end of April. Hopefully the stars align this time.
Well. Hope you get the tesla you always wanted. Good luck

Another rejection story...

Given the fact there are so many more plaids versus nonplaids in inventory I called Tesla to see if they could knock $20,000 off the plaid price and I would take a plaid inventory car. I locked in at the 79 k mark so thought this would be a win-win situation. Tesla sells an inventory car now, and my old LR order falls off the books. No money lost....More revenue for Tesla ....a car out of inventory...a happy customer

Of course common sense doesn't matter regarding this. I got denied quickly and told the wait my turn....

I am nervous a pushback is coming as no VINs have been popping and pushbacks are happening. Currently April 1 to April 22 EDD

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I believe this is the guy that posted it was official that Tesla shut the factory down for a few days for the refresh/refresh and that VIN for LR received after whatever the date he posted was going to be the refresh/refresh.

Hmmm. Well, this is such an easy thing to confirm, given those trim pieces just pop off.

@DFWBrad. Did I read you right that you have the 2.0 and think the headlights are "designed by a child" due to their performance?
I drew a rough line of what the lights looked like last night driving down a dark road with occasional cars coming the opposite way.
There was some random shadowing in various places, but this is the gist.

Going to check again tonight if the storm isn't bad, if not tomorrow night. But watching some videos on them today, maybe that's...how it was supposed to be and I'm just dumb? Not sure, but it didn't look right when driving. Please correct if wrong.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    4.5 KB · Views: 76
I drew a rough line of what the lights looked like last night driving down a dark road with occasional cars coming the opposite way.

Going to check again tonight if the storm isn't bad, if not tomorrow night. But watching some videos on them today, maybe that's...how it was supposed to be and I'm just dumb? Not sure, but it didn't look right when driving. Please correct if wrong.
Yeah that looks like misalignment to me. Very odd gap for sure.

Reactions: DukeofURL
Yeah that looks like misalignment to me. Very odd gap for sure.
Based on my parts experience so far, I could see a QC issue (making play at the missing panel part that was fixed on the spot). But going to drive again when I can at night and see if I can get a better idea of this. I thiiiink my Insta360 1in will capture it, but will have to see.

Do the matrix lights "adjust/adapt" when you're going past people?

• Informative
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Another rejection story...

Given the fact there are so many more plaids versus nonplaids in inventory I called Tesla to see if they could knock $20,000 off the plaid price and I would take a plaid inventory car. I locked in at the 79 k mark so thought this would be a win-win situation. Tesla sells an inventory car now, and my old LR order falls off the books. No money lost....More revenue for Tesla ....a car out of inventory...a happy customer

Of course common sense doesn't matter regarding this. I got denied quickly and told the wait my turn....

I am nervous a pushback is coming as no VINs have been popping and pushbacks are happening. Currently April 1 to April 22 EDD
Lol I can tell you the samething. I actually did that myself asking Tesla to give me the S Plaid price back in June2021 since I ordered the S at the time for 79k. They said no.
Now I'm very nervous because several people reporting Tesla trying to give them vehicles that made last year for new delivery. I hope that will not happen to me. The company is clearly treating customers (ordered when price low) as non priority.

Looking at your drawing makes me wonder if the ARNR group is working on the matrix program.

I'm on older software (2021.43.202) could that make a difference?
What is "ARNR" by the way :p

Active road noise reduction

I think it actually means "absolutely random noise reduction"

I should not be so harsh on it. It does work sometimes really well and other times, it makes it worse.