Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Depending on how particular you are about paint, might be a good idea to have a detailer do some paint correction. I imagine with people touching it, some scratches HAVE to be present. Otherwise though, if they were showing it off, it likely had decent panel alignment and a great catch for you! Congrats!
I do my own paint correction and ceramic coating, although I don't like "ppf", I might have to ppf this one, maybe work a deal with an installer were if i do my own paint correction and you just do the ppf, how much would be.

No panel gaps or misalignments, basically show room condition.

My plan is to put it in the garage and figure out what am Im doing to protect the paint, while I keep driving the Y.

I do my own paint correction and ceramic coating, although I don't like "ppf", I might have to ppf this one, maybe work a deal with an installer were if i do my own paint correction and you just do the ppf, how much would be.

My plan is to put it in the garage and figure out what am Im doing to protect the paint, while I keep driving the Y.
The nice thing about buying it displayed in the Mall, is that there is no shortage of bright lights for your inspection. Congrats!

I can't even get that far to select a device at all. Just says Bluetooth Initializing and the wheel just spins and spins.
Drive to a service center and have them figure it out.
I am curious if anyone has purchased and installed one of the yoke replacement round steering wheels that are now available on the market. I have ordered one from Secret EV but it will not be ready for at least another month I’m afraid. TSportsline, RPM Tesla, Hansshow and Exslysive all have nice looking units. Might anyone have any experiences to relate so far. After owning my Plaid for seven months I can say I’m really accustomed to everything with the Yoke except the horn and Plaid 2 has apparently remedied that. And of course a round top on the wheel should increase more responsIve drivability.
So I am assuming no one has bought or installed a yoke replacement as yet?

Surprisingly no reports considering how many people were vehemently against the yoke.
Against it but not couple grand against it I would imagine.

I’m against it, personally hate the way it looks, and absolutely love the hansshow round wheel but for the current price I might just live with the yoke, unless the cheap look of it really bothers me.

So I took delivery today. Trunk covers, floor mats and key fobs are there. The only issue that I came across is that the rear and front bumper paint is slightly different than the trunk and trunk. The bumpers are a slightly yellowish white color. The Sales person said since the bumpers are plastic they will be a slightly different color and according to him this issue is present on all cars. Is this true?

So I took delivery today. Trunk covers, floor mats and key fobs are there. The only issue that I came across is that the rear and front bumper paint is slightly different than the trunk and trunk. The bumpers are a slightly yellowish white color. The Sales person said since the bumpers are plastic they will be a slightly different color and according to him this issue is present on all cars. Is this true?
Depending on how noticeable I’m not sure I could live with that answer. Sounds like BS.

I have a Tesla site assessment tomorrow for installation of a referral Founder Series Powerwall. It was awarded to me in 2017. I’m hoping that it’s worth the cost and wait. It’s been gathering dust longer than the poor Teslas in the factory “bastards” lot.

Wow, sorry to hear that. Some paint correction and a wrap, and it will look like a new power wall...😁

Last edited:
Depending on how noticeable I’m not sure I could live with that answer. Sounds like BS.
It is true on all cars that the plastic bits have a different paint formulation than the metal parts, and have a slight difference in hue.

However, this is usually very hard to detect on a new car.

Find another Tesla with the same paint.

If yours is different, then I would call BS.

Stitching cutting off blood circulation? Can’t tell if serious.
Also the guy clearly never drove an S class if he thinks the model s seats are the most comfortable.
Yeah, as much as I hate having the wife's S class crowding the garage, have to agree with you there. And, I won't mention the extra motion and massages and heating...

There is a shop in Boca that someone posted about a while ago that is the only authorized Spectra Photosync installer in the state. I gave them a call about PPF and Tint and Ceramic. They said if PPF is installed there is no reason for ceramic. Feel free to look them up, they are called Auto SuperShield. Their pricing seems to be a little less than what our friends on the west coast are paying. I have never used them but they have great reviews and I plan on taking my Model S up there whenever it gets delivered; which as of now says July-September.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
EOQ is a thing. I'm RN 1162, placed 12/29/21, and have had my date bounce around the end of March/mid-April for the last few weeks. I figured there was no way Q1 would happen and I would get bumped to end of Q2 or Q3 (at a minimum) based on what I'm seeing on the forums. Out of the blue I was contacted Monday of this week to set up delivery March 30 or 31, in Camarillo (Los Angeles). Everything went smooth as silk. The team there is awesome. Car is immaculate. All key fobs, parcel shelf, trunk covers, license plate, etc. No quality issues at all. Moving from a M3P into the S. As others have said, rides way better, seems about as fast (maybe a little less RIGHT off the line but then pulls like crazy), and obviously another step up in overall refinement and luxury. Black/white interior/21's LR. VIN NF475. I feel for those ahead of me that are still waiting but am super glad I was picked by the EOQ delivery elves to get mine. Three months from order to delivery!
RN1151 ordered June 2021 . EDD was 3/21 , got pushed to April 5, now May 5-June26 😆.

So…here we are…EOQ sale.

Felt like pulling my last stunt.

Called 1-800 to ask about left overs.

Got one at the mall. Went by, checked out, everything looked good. Paid for it. Now waiting for the mall to close so they can drive it out.

$10k off. (Old lights, charge port, new hinges though…thats where the value is)

YOLO
No brainer to me, for $10k I don’t need the new headlights or tailights. Of course is that $10k off the old price or new price? If it’s the new price it’s only a $5k difference.