Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have my appointment set to pick up my new car at the Devon Pa Tesla store 11:30 AM next Friday. I can take the Amtrak from home to Paoli Pa, so I called Tesla SA to see if anyone can pick me up to take me the 2.9 miles from the train station to the Store.... Still waiting....
I would take a limo or uber Premier; wear a suit with lots of jewelry; especially the big super-bowl-sized rings, and make sure you have a briefcase; most importantly don't forget the sunglasses.

1659042891430.png

Hello again Gents!
Love my TESLA MSLR
Should I pass on the MXP and order another MS?
Seems I keep hearing the MX is way overrated.

I trust this gang...thoughts appreciated
I leased a Model X that I turned in in September of last year. I loved that car/suv and still miss it. The only reason I didn't order another one is that I didn't want to wait an extra year to get one. It really comes down to if you want an SUV or another sedan. Based on your question; I have a feeling you have never had a Model X. I can tell you the biggest feature that I will miss the most, being able to walk up to the Model X and having the door open up so you can get in without touching anything when you press the brake pedal the driver's door shuts automatically, that alone is probably the most amazing feature of any car I have ever owned. If you want to open the door for the passenger, I believe you triple-clicked on the key fob. When Elon said the Model X is like the Faberge egg for the car industry; he wasn't kidding. I know mini-vans and $350K Rolls have automatic shutting rear doors, but front doors at that price point???? There really is no other car like it in the world.

VINdicated! Aug 11-16th

Who has the best delivery check list for the S?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I would take a limo or uber Premier; wear a suit with lots of jewelry; especially the big super-bowl-sized rings, and make sure you have a briefcase; most importantly don't forget the sunglasses.

View attachment 833927
That is not me... I don't have that depth of tan!...🤣 Nor the pects, arms or perfect teeth.. I'm just a fat old white guy! 👻
Or, I would get robbed when I stepped off the train with all the bling!

Last edited:
Have my appointment set to pick up my new car at the Devon Pa Tesla store 11:30 AM next Friday. I can take the Amtrak from home to Paoli Pa, so I called Tesla SA to see if anyone can pick me up to take me the 2.9 miles from the train station to the Store.... Still waiting....
Uber or Lyft or a bicycle are your best options, or you could walk. My experience there some months ago was that they’re swamped with deliveries and picking you up is too large a time sink….

Just in case anyone is wondering how the process goes when notified of your VIN assignment, I thought I’d post my ongoing experience for insight. I’m just as much of a noobie at buying Teslas as a lot of you on here and I’ve used this forum a lot for good information. Hopefully, i can contribute in some small way. Here’s a quick rundown. Ordered 1/31/22. Original EDD was June. My EDD moved several times before hovering around 9/5-10/17 for probably 2 months. I say hovered because about a month ago it tightened from 8 weeks to 6 but still around the same end date. All of a sudden on Tues. 7/26 my EDD changed to a 17 day window in Aug. Later that same day, my VIN was assigned and the window changed to 8/9-8/14. I immediately contacted my insurance agent and put the required document into the app. Today (7/29) I received a text that the vehicle is in transit from Fremont and payment must be made before delivery. I know people on here discuss whether they should pay before seeing the vehicle but since I’m financing with a credit union, I decided to take the chance so there wouldn’t be any last second surprises. I have now paid my balance and will wait to hear from them to schedule delivery. When people on here say it moves fast when you get a VIN, they’re not kidding. I am curious how long it takes to get from Fremont, California to Columbus, Ohio.

Just in case anyone is wondering how the process goes when notified of your VIN assignment, I thought I’d post my ongoing experience for insight. I’m just as much of a noobie at buying Teslas as a lot of you on here and I’ve used this forum a lot for good information. Hopefully, i can contribute in some small way. Here’s a quick rundown. Ordered 1/31/22. Original EDD was June. My EDD moved several times before hovering around 9/5-10/17 for probably 2 months. I say hovered because about a month ago it tightened from 8 weeks to 6 but still around the same end date. All of a sudden on Tues. 7/26 my EDD changed to a 17 day window in Aug. Later that same day, my VIN was assigned and the window changed to 8/9-8/14. I immediately contacted my insurance agent and put the required document into the app. Today (7/29) I received a text that the vehicle is in transit from Fremont and payment must be made before delivery. I know people on here discuss whether they should pay before seeing the vehicle but since I’m financing with a credit union, I decided to take the chance so there wouldn’t be any last second surprises. I have now paid my balance and will wait to hear from them to schedule delivery. When people on here say it moves fast when you get a VIN, they’re not kidding. I am curious how long it takes to get from Fremont, California to Columbus, Ohio.
Thanks for sharing. I got the text saying my car left Fremont as well this week but they did not ask me to make any payments.

Thanks for sharing. I got the text saying my car left Fremont as well this week but they did not ask me to make any payments.
First, congratulations. Second, I guess they didn’t specifically ask for payment. It just says in the app that payment is required in my list of todo stuff. Under that it says Pay remaining balance to avoid delays in delivery. So, I simply paid it off.

For folks that have driven their Refresh for a bit please consider filling out this Survey on what you think of the Yoke.

I’ve been monitoring this thread since December and their have been many positive comments regarding the yoke. I don’t recall any really negative comments (just a few “time will tell” comments).

This survey I think is tending to attract folks that don’t like it. It’s fine to not like it but I don’t want to see folks scared away from the Refresh when I see so many positive comments on the Yoke and my own feelings towards it have been more positive than negative.

The survey itself is done rather well and I am curious what the thoughts are with some more statistics. Currently half of respondents don’t like the Yoke and I find that very hard to believe.

For folks that have driven their Refresh for a bit please consider filling out this Survey on what you think of the Yoke.

I’ve been monitoring this thread since December and their have been many positive comments regarding the yoke. I don’t recall any really negative comments (just a few “time will tell” comments).

This survey I think is tending to attract folks that don’t like it. It’s fine to not like it but I don’t want to see folks scared away from the Refresh when I see so many positive comments on the Yoke and my own feelings towards it have been more positive than negative.

The survey itself is done rather well and I am curious what the thoughts are with some more statistics. Currently half of respondents don’t like the Yoke and I find that very hard to believe.

I completed it but I didn't help your cause I'm afraid.

Done.

My “cause” is accurate stats. I don’t really care where it ends up.

Paragraph breaks are our friends! Always feel free to use them;-)

• Helpful
Reactions: Laddcruzer