Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So for my MSLR UR order, the EDD was Feb 1-March 14. Today I got assigned a 2023 VIN 530xxx. I have no issues with taking a 2023 VIN.

Any other words of wisdom or advice from anyone though?
Yes, cancel the order. Re-order later.

Absent at least a $5k discount to accept a '23 VIN, you're looking at a major loss should someone run into you or a tree falls on your car and it's totaled.

Plus this encourages Tesla's chronic bad behavior in selling "day old bread" at full price.

Trust me, they'll bend you over on trade-in for being "an old model year" so why let them do it to you twice?

moar mods

1704307953546.png

Reactions: zoomer0056 and teko
I don't think Model S production is going right now, it seems very quiet here, no new VINs assigned yet.
I agree, it has been pretty calm these past couple days. Personally, I'll be interested to see what happens. Back on December 17th my estimated delivery date was December 31 - February 4. However, on January 1st my estimated delivery date updated to January 5 - January 26. So, even though they pushed out the start of the delivery window, I'm surprised that they also shortened the end of the window.

I know that January 5th is another pipe dream on Tesla's side but these next couple days will be interesting as we all try to see what is happening with production.

• Informative
Reactions: teko
I don't think Model S production is going right now, it seems very quiet here, no new VINs assigned yet.
Production is done in batches, so you'll start hearing about vin assignments/deliveries again soon (the most recent batch was seemingly less than a week or two ago with EOY deliveries). Outside of unusual circumstance, everything I've seen shows that Tesla's recent timeline has been pretty consistently right around a ~month turnaround

Reactions: teko
Production is done in batches, so you'll start hearing about vin assignments/deliveries again soon (the most recent batch was seemingly less than a week or two ago with EOY deliveries). Outside of unusual circumstance, everything I've seen shows that Tesla's recent timeline has been pretty consistently right around a ~month turnaround
Agree that it was previously running a month, maybe slightly less here in the Midwest. Present orders are running longer - my December 6th order is now a month old, and current EDD is Jan 28 - Mar 10, or about 2-3 months total. Many order holders are reporting longer than usual forecasted lead-times.

My Est. Delivery: January 3 - January 19, moving forward day by day.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Agree that it was previously running a month, maybe slightly less here in the Midwest. Present orders are running longer - my December 6th order is now a month old, and current EDD is Jan 28 - Mar 10, or about 2-3 months total. Many order holders are reporting longer than usual forecasted lead-times.
Furthermore (speculation) similar to my company Tesla Model S units all ship to rest of world from California. At year end they prioritize US shipments as overseas freight is Highly unpredictable and they need units sales to close out the quarter. In January they likely do a mass export to ROW including Canada as they have no rush to make numbers. I suspect the big gap lead time in January to March is to fulfill those out of US existing orders. You don’t ship overseas 1 at a time. The need bulk lots to reduce costs.