Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Look at this article. States EPA testing will delay MSLR deliveries until March 7 at the earliest. Ouch
The article is also just repeating the exact dates that people have been told randomly by SA's in text messages, and calling that their "sources". I've also not seen any of those people come out and show more texts saying they're delayed again. As of yesterday one guy claimed his SC already sold a LR and that his was due for pickup today. I guess we'll see if he gives us any updates.

Reactions: marksvend and sorka
Honestly I probably would have canceled my order a long time ago if I hadn’t installed my home charger and prepaid half of my PPF. Also bought tons of stupid accessories.

Would have waited on next years taycan or next years RS1.
This is my position exactly! Have the PPF deposit paid, wall charger (very expensive installation!), the portable charger, mats, EVOffer power frunk kit, etc, etc, Nobody I've been able to speak to at Tesla - or read from in this Forum - has any idea what is really happening on MSP deliveries. What a business!

Reactions: Septocaine
This is my position exactly! Have the PPF deposit paid, wall charger (very expensive installation!), the portable charger, mats, EVOffer power frunk kit, etc, etc, Nobody I've been able to speak to at Tesla - or read from in this Forum - has any idea what is really happening on MSP deliveries. What a business!

I'm fully expecting to have to reject cars before finally getting one. I'm not even counting on it. I have 3 cars. If it works out great, but I'm not accepting crap like I did with MXP. I rejected the first MXP and the DS said I might lose my price lock if I rejected the second one too. My price was $118K and the price had already climbed to $139K by the time my number was up.

Look at this article. States EPA testing will delay MSLR deliveries until March 7 at the earliest. Ouch
I spoke to the Nashville Tesla store this morning (requested a call through the app and received call back within an hour). The trucks carrying a shipment of Tesla's to the Southeast from Fremont arrived at the Birmingham hub either last night or this morning. She mentioned that my MSLR VIN along w/ several other inventory vehicles that have been showing as "in transit" to Nashville and Atlanta for the last 2 weeks were in this shipment. I only know about Atlanta because there was an inventory vehicle with exact same specs as my order that was showing in transit to Nashville and Atlanta which I asked about. I was assured any visible inventory that shows on the Tesla website would never be vehicles where the VINs have been assigned. My vehicle is scheduled to arrive in Nashville on Monday (2/19) and she said I should be able to take delivery either Monday (2/19) or Tuesday (2/20). No mention of any hold or EPA issue with delivery. My EDD still showing 2/16 to 2/25 on the app -- MSLR, Black exterior, White interior, Wheel, 19's.

Last edited:
I spoke to the Nashville Tesla store this morning (requested a call through the app and received a call within an hour). The trucks carrying a shipment of Tesla's to the Southeast from Fremont arrived at the Birmingham hub either last night or this morning. She mentioned that my MSLR VIN along w/ several other inventory vehicles that have been showing as "in transit" to Nashville and Atlanta for the last 2 weeks were in this shipment. I only know about Atlanta because there was an inventory vehicle with exact same specs as my order that was showing in transit to Nashville and Atlanta which I has asked about. I was assured any visible inventory that shows on the Tesla website would never be vehicles where the VINs have been assigned. My vehicle is scheduled to arrive in Nashville on Monday (2/19) and she said I should be able to take delivery either Monday (2/19) or Tuesday (2/20). No mention of any hold or EPA issue with delivery. My EDD still showing 2/16 to 2/25 on the app -- MSLR, Black exterior, White interior, Wheel, 19's.
Same config as mine except for the yoke. My EDD is 2/24 - 3/4 currently. I sent a text to my SA and straight up asked if he'd give me any info on paused deliveries. I don't expect anything but worth asking I guess. It's just really annoying how cryptic and secretive it all is.

I'm going to the dealership tomorrow morning that has my exact MSLR as "inventory vehicle". Will ask if I can just drive away in it. Will report back
Have you called to confirm they actually have that inventory vehicle? I had same situation where there was supposedly a vehicle in Atlanta w/ the same specs as my order and I was told today that the Atlanta vehicle is in Birmingham together w/ my vehicle and that both will arrive in Nashville and Atlanta on Monday. So seems like the website isn't always accurate between what is on hand and what is in transit.

Same config as mine except for the yoke. My EDD is 2/24 - 3/4 currently. I sent a text to my SA and straight up asked if he'd give me any info on paused deliveries. I don't expect anything but worth asking I guess. It's just really annoying how cryptic and secretive it all is.
As I expected, no info from the SA.

"Your account says Feb 24 - March 4, if we have more info we will give you a definite date."

• Informative
Reactions: fupito
Have you called to confirm they actually have that inventory vehicle? I had same situation where there was supposedly a vehicle in Atlanta w/ the same specs as my order and I was told today that the Atlanta vehicle is in Birmingham together w/ my vehicle and that both will arrive in Nashville and Atlanta on Monday. So seems like the website isn't always accurate between what is on hand and what is in transit.
I haven't, but I will be in the area anyway and will pop in

Reactions: zoomer0056
I haven't, but I will be in the area anyway and will pop in
On February 1st ordered a MSLR. Then I saw my build in transit to Miramar Tesla so I switched to the inventory vehicle. It arrived on Feb 2nd. My first pick up date was Feb 10. Then told of a hold up (told Firmware and Government hold) and new pick up date was Feb 17th, Then told about the EPA problem needing to do more testing for range and given a new date of Feb 28th. Saw an article that is calling for the EPA hold until March 7th at the earliest.

Has Elon contributed anything noteworthy to Tesla in the last 4 years?
Yes, hype.
Which in turn keeps Tesla in the spotlight which sells vehicles.

Let’s say they oust him for a boring CEO who graduated from the Milford Academy, where he was taught to neither be seen nor heard. Teslas technological advances alone aren’t going to keep the company in the spotlight.

Now if the stock falls anyway, there might be a convenient excuse. I am curious about how q1 will go for them. There are some indications that the model Y isn’t selling too hot right now, but this company always seems to pull something out of its ass at the 11th hour to keep investors happy.

The Model Y isn't selling at all due to the EPA hold. This quarter is going to be a disaster if the hold doesn't lift in a few days.

• Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike