Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MSLR Stealth/Black/21/Wheel ordered Jan 22, 2024. I spoke with a human inside a Tesla store in a SoCal mall just now. After I asked about it, they went on to their computer, poked around, and then told me the EPA hold has been lifted, and they are waiting for the Monroney stickers to be printed in Fremont and sent to them. Obviously there is no way for me to verify. Just sharing what I was told 15 minutes ago by someone wearing a Tesla jacket.
Matches with the mysterious message to me to accept another configuration next week in Fremont.

MSLR Stealth/Black/21/Wheel ordered Jan 22, 2024. I spoke with a human inside a Tesla store in a SoCal mall just now. After I asked about it, they went on to their computer, poked around, and then told me the EPA hold has been lifted, and they are waiting for the Monroney stickers to be printed in Fremont and sent to them. Obviously there is no way for me to verify. Just sharing what I was told 15 minutes ago by someone wearing a Tesla jacket.
Keeping my fingers crossed this person knows what they’re talking about and not just giving a bs response. I asked an SC a similar question today and just got completely ignored no response lol pretty frustrating experience I can’t even imagine those on here that have had orders since OCT / NOV I give you all a lot of credit for not cancelling your orders lol. Appreciate you all. I literally have gotten more information from this thread than the SCs themselves lol.

As we all do I hope they're right, but still no EPA certificates of conformity issued per EPA site. Doesn't mean they weren't issued today and hold was lifted but the site just wasn't updated. Until I see them issued on that site though I'm going to be skeptical.

Delivery mostly without issue. The front left fender had a very tiny paint chip and I almost rejected the car because of it since it was going to be PPFed making it impossible to fix later. Since the rest of the car was nearly perfect, I compromised on using a touchup pen to hide the white base before PPF. The installer is doing the touchup since he's done lots of them. Since the PPF is acting like a new layer of clear, it shouldn't noticeable since it won't be globed on.

Click to enlarge thumbnails:
c2cdc7ae-7e26-41c7-8a2d-821fe530d481.jpg_compressed.JPEG

Since the rest of the car was apparently perfect, except for some minor mm level door alignment needed, which I'll do myself later, I decide to let Jeremy remove the license plate holder. He's next level with a special braided fishing line. that acts like a saw. He inserted wedges after starting it which lifted the holder further and further away as he sawed through the adhesive. The paint was perfect underneath. I took a video of him removing it but didn't take a picture after so I'll screen shot one from the video later and post it when I have more time.

20240228_122726.jpg_compressed.JPEG

Drove 10 miles to Invisiguard from the factory all on the same. Almost no traffic and when there was, I made sure not to be behind any others cars closer than 500 feet when traffic was moving. Had to stop behind cars at lights a few times but fell behind quickly as we sped up. Avoided the freeway entirely. No issues but never went faster than 45 mpg so don't know about vibrations yet. No hard accelerations yet so don't know that doesn't have the pulling to the left issue my MXP had or something similar. It's probably fine.

The color pops so much more in person in the sun than it does photos.

20240228_103105.jpg_compressed.JPEG
20240228_113018.jpg_compressed.JPEG
20240228_121815.jpg_compressed.JPEG

Delivery mostly without issue. The front left fender had a very tiny paint chip and I almost rejected the car because of it since it was going to be PPFed making it impossible to fix later. Since the rest of the car was nearly perfect, I compromised on using a touchup pen to hide the white base before PPF. The installer is doing the touchup since he's done lots of them. Since the PPF is acting like a new layer of clear, it shouldn't noticeable since it won't be globed on.

View attachment 1022972

Since the rest of the car was apparently perfect, except for some minor mm level door alignment needed, which I'll do myself later, I decide to let Jeremy remove the license plate holder. He's next level with a special braided fishing line. that acts like a saw. He inserted wedges after starting it which lifted the holder further and further away as he sawed through the adhesive. The paint was perfect underneath. I took a video of him removing it but didn't take a picture after so I'll screen shot one from the video later and post it when I have more time.

View attachment 1022974

Drove 10 miles to Invisiguard from the factory all on the same. Almost no traffic and when there was, I made sure not to be behind any others cars closer than 500 feet when traffic was moving. Had to stop behind cars at lights a few times but fell behind quickly as we sped up. Avoided the freeway entirely. No issues but never went faster than 45 mpg so don't know about vibrations yet. No hard accelerations yet so don't know that doesn't have the pulling to the left issue my MXP had or something similar. It's probably fine.

View attachment 1022976
View attachment 1022977
View attachment 1022973
Nice work, @sorka. Drive it in good health. Cheers.

And I just got a text telling me it's time to schedule my delivery (I received the VIN about a week ago). Sounds like progress on the MSLR delivery front.

View attachment 1022972

View attachment 1022974

View attachment 1022976
View attachment 1022977
View attachment 1022973
Looks great! Congrats!

faster than 45 mpg so don't know about vibrations yet. No hard accelerations yet so don't know that doesn't have the pulling to the left issue my MXP had or something similar. It's probably fine.
Awesome. Time to update your signature!

Any chance to add some interior shots of the trim and new wheel/yoke?

I agree that a chip about 1mm in diameter, filled and leveled with anything close to red, will be basically invisible after PPF.

I had no vibration at all until after 9.5k miles so I would not expect you will see it right away

View attachment 1022972

View attachment 1022974

View attachment 1022976
View attachment 1022977
View attachment 1022973
Damn! Looks nice! I have a little UR envy right now.

Reactions: aerodyne
Looks like it is being removed offsite from Freemont. How could you fathom accepting without first seeing under the license plate bracket?

In all seriousness, glad you got your car and enjoy it!

What's changed other than the center horn and more durable material?
Well, there is the camera button, which lets you turn the camera display on/off, removing the need to do so from the screen.

But the shape of the grip has changed. The previous rubber finish on the yoke had a pseudo seam on the back that came together like a pair of lips that I didn't like the feel of. The new yoke is covered with the same synthetic leather material as the wheel, but the stitching is on the inside of the yoke, not on the back under the finger tips like the wheel was on my 2023 Plaid. My fingers are happy now.

I ordered my MSLR from inventory on 2.14 before I knew about the hold. Only found it about the hold from here.

I currently own a 2019 M3 performance and it has really been great. Looking forward to the S. I have a few questions if anyone can help.

I've recently read that the plaid model has tire issues, was the LR not affected?

What is the vibration issue mentioned a few posts above?

Are there any other concerns I should be aware of (besides the typical Tesla issues with gaps and thin paint)?