Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting comment about the haptic feel. Though I had driven the prior yoke, I haven't had as much experience with it vs. the wheel.

View attachment 1028286
Interesting. I had wondered if the new yoke would have the haptic improvements from the M3 Highland. Seems like it might. Stupid as it sounds, I'm most excited about the center horn.

Reactions: dn325ci and dsm363
Interesting. I had wondered if the new yoke would have the haptic improvements from the M3 Highland. Seems like it might. Stupid as it sounds, I'm most excited about the center horn.
The wheel in the car I checked out had the same capacitive turn signals. It did not move like the turn signals on the highland 3. I also test drove that car while I was waiting the same day.

The highland also has better door buttons that are actual physical buttons instead of the capacitive garbage in the S/x.

Sorry for the late post. Picked MSLR on Wednesday 3/13 afternoon at Cathedral City, CA. Vehicle was in excellent condition with no issues, no gaps and detailed in a showroom. Trunk was aligned properly. Delivery took 15 minutes with no paperwork except for the 2 keycards. Vehicle was charged to 96%, received 10k loyalty points and 5k super charging miles. Vehicle manufactured 3/1/24, no front camera or ambient lighting. The Yoke wheel took getting used to but easy to manage with one hand. The parking lot was packed with new Teslas with a
IMG_5661.jpeg
truck arriving with new vehicles.

OK. This is infuriating. Ordered MSLR UR on Dec 18. Still no VIN. Stopped by the local Tesla dealer just now. On the lot is this one just as I ordered. But is their demo car and has 1200 miles on it. They thought my order was “peculiar” and had no idea why it wasn’t matched with a VIN since they get other Model S LRs in regularly. They are “checking.” At least I got to sit in one and smell the new car smell…. Maybe some day I will get my own.

Attachments

• IMG_3146.jpeg
    IMG_3146.jpeg
    566.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3151.jpeg
    IMG_3151.jpeg
    287.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3152.jpeg
    IMG_3152.jpeg
    252 KB · Views: 8
OK. This is infuriating. Ordered MSLR UR on Dec 18. Still no VIN. Stopped by the local Tesla dealer just now. On the lot is this one just as I ordered. But is their demo car and has 1200 miles on it. They thought my order was “peculiar” and had no idea why it wasn’t matched with a VIN since they get other Model S LRs in regularly. They are “checking.” At least I got to sit in one and smell the new car smell…. Maybe some day I will get my own.
That's strange. UR, 19s, wheel, should be a really common configuration. I've been matched with VINs four times since Nov 10. Three times were the same car, though. :rolleyes:

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne
That's strange. UR, 19s, wheel, should be a really common configuration. I've been matched with VINs four times since Nov 10. Three times were the same car, though. :rolleyes:
That’s what they said. It’s a pretty common configuration and from what they implied, they’ve filled later orders recently. They were delivering another one as I drove up. There is some glitch here.

The wheel in the car I checked out had the same capacitive turn signals. It did not move like the turn signals on the highland 3. I also test drove that car while I was waiting the same day.

The highland also has better door buttons that are actual physical buttons instead of the capacitive garbage in the S/x.
The amount of money they save on the Model S and X for those buttons has to be rather small. It just pisses customers off to save $50 at most I'd assume. Maybe someone knows that actual savings.

The amount of money they save on the Model S and X for those buttons has to be rather small. It just pisses customers off to save $50 at most I'd assume. Maybe someone knows that actual savings.
I assume just later engineering. They learned the buttons on the S/X suck and they redesigned them for the 3/Y. But, going back and redoing them in the S/X costs money and isn't likely very soon.

I never got such an email and they said I have done everything I need to. Maybe there is some gap and they forgot me?
I'm December 4th order if it makes you feel any better and still no VIN. Feels like the most obvious answer is they prefer to fill newer orders with the higher price and fit in those before that if it's convenient for their logistics. I'd say the fact that you have a more common configuration may hurt a bit as they can probably fill those with newer, higher priced orders more often.

Who knows though we're just over here speculating since the communication they provide is less than useful.

Reactions: Bluef82003
I'm December 4th order if it makes you feel any better and still no VIN. Feels like the most obvious answer is they prefer to fill newer orders with the higher price and fit in those before that if it's convenient for their logistics. I'd say the fact that you have a more common configuration may hurt a bit as they can probably fill those with newer, higher priced orders more often.

Who knows though we're just over here speculating since the communication they provide is less than useful.
I don't think so, since I have an older order before the paint price increase. But, I did order Plaid, so there could be a preference for Plaid over LR cars.

Did you update to the '24 configuration per the email sent to order holders around Jan 4th?
I ordered dec 23rd never got any email but in my case I changed the color back and forth and finally settled on stealth grey as of feb- 24th my Edd is mar 16 to 31 maybe tomorrow I will know the change to the Edd. The difference for my vehicle and inventory vehicles is the top speed and range but I am assuming they are not going to make me a special vehicle from 2023 model.