Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spoke to DS and she gave me conflicting info...Stated that my S85D went into production on 8/31 and is currently being painted...now giving me updated delivery date of October 5. 1) Very anxious to get car, 2) Not understanding process...DS said 8/28 was confirmation date(?), 8/31 entered production and that was early(?), said that most likely delivery would be 2nd week of October but they were going to try to get delivered by 10/5(?). So website was completely off? I thought painting had to be done first? So VIN # has nothing to do with place in line? Who most likely has correct info?
I know you are excited/stressed/frustrated about getting your S. The VINs are not produced in numerical order. Production is batched by configuration (priority given to P90D), color, and your location. It won't help but to put things into perspective sigS and X holders did and are waiting years for their vehicles.
Call Bryan at the Devon SC. I assume you will take delivery there...

I know you are excited/stressed/frustrated about getting your S. The VINs are not produced in numerical order. Production is batched by configuration (priority given to P90D), color, and your location. It won't help but to put things into perspective sigS and X holders did and are waiting years for their vehicles.
Call Bryan at the Devon SC. I assume you will take delivery there...

Thanks AIMc...I figured that it may have something to do with my specs including paint, etc. I totally understand about previous orders taking years instead of weeks. It's just frustrating when website tells you 1 thing and DS tells you another. The most encouraging thing is that everyone says it is well worth the wait. Can't wait!!!

+1 vote up for pr0nographic Model S images!

- - - Updated - - -

oops that was in reply to previous page posting transport truck photos of model Ss galore. my 70D to Minneapolis, MN has been in production now for 7 days (longer than average according to the spreadsheet). realtime updates of the car in the factory would be awesome.

anyone else want to get a model X and a model 3 to put then all in a row to spell Tesla S 3 X ?

Aug 4: Ordered
Aug 11: Confirmed; #101309
Aug 24: In Production: The Tesla Factory is building your Model S.
Estimated delivery: Late August - September (unchanged)
Aug 29 Saturday via email to DS delivery request changed from Rocklin, CA Service Center to my home in Reno, NV.
Aug 31 Monday 11:24 AM: "Production Complete: Your Model S is in transit from the factory." [to the Fremont inspection facility next door, said the DS]
(DS processes my Saturday email, delivery location changes on my.teslamotors.com/mytesla, which I forgot I could have done myself)
Aug 31 Monday 11:32 AM (I just happened to check again): "Production Complete: Your Model S is being prepared for pickup or delivery."
Estimated delivery: Sep 2 - Sep 9
Sep 4 DS says delivery will be Sep 9

S85, #102770

Aug 11: Ordered
Aug 18: Confirmed
Aug 25: In production queue
Aug 27: Building

Delivery to South Florida, projection is September - Early October. The contact at the delivery center said that it may ship out via car instead of train due to nearing end of quarter, so I assume they'll send it via car if they think they can squeeze the sale in before end of month.

Model S 85D
Ordered mine on August 8, 2015
Confirmed on August 16 (the day after it was supposed to be confirmed, for some reason)
VIN: —102115
Estimated Delivery September - Early October—was Late September before confirmation.
Update: Entered production 8/31!
Update 2: Production complete, in transit 9/4! Delivery estimate change to September 23 - October 7

We ordered a white 90D on July 29, 2015. Confirmed on August 5, 2015. The Production is complete and in transit to the Dedham, MA location. VIN number 99933. Tesla has given a late September /early October delivery date. My husband is very excited ! And I am anxiously awaiting the ability to configure my Model X, production # 1853. Hopefully by the end of 2015, we will be two car Tesla family!

I ordered a S85 (RWD, so... that means no 'D' in the model name, right?).

Ordered: 8/16
Confirmed: 8/24
Production: 8/31
Currently My Tesla is showing delivery dates between 9/9 - 9/22. I'm currently planning a pickup in Rocklin, CA... but heck, I'd consider going down to Fremont too.

Ordered: 8/12/2015 (70D)
Confirmed: 8/19/2015
Production: 8/31/2015
Production Complete: 9/3/2015

My delivery date is still showing September - Early October. Contacted by my DS, to see if the car left California yet. I have seen some delivery dates to North East Ohio as fast as 7 days. I have scheduled September 25th off work, hoping the car would be ready. I have also told my DS I can leave work when ever the car is ready.

Does any know how often the train departs? Once per week? Twice per week?

- - - Updated - - -

"contacted my ds"*

VIN 99930
Ordered: 7/28/2015
Confirmed: 8/4/2015
Began Production: 8/13/15
Production Complete/In Transit: 8/20/15
Being Prepared for Delivery: 9/4/15
Picked up: 9/8/15
S70D All-Wheel Drive
Titanium Metallic Paint
All Glass Panoramic Roof
19" Wheels
Multi-Pattern Black Seats
Matte Obeche Wood Décor
White Alcantara Headliner
I actually can't believe how quickly the car moved through production and was delivered to Florida. At first the delivery time slipped, from "September" to September/October", but the next thing I knew it was "September 7-21", then even sooner to September 4-11" as the train worked its way across the country.