Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered: 8/12/2015 (70D)
Confirmed: 8/19/2015
Production: 8/31/2015
Production Complete: 9/3/2015

My delivery date is still showing September - Early October. Contacted by my DS, to see if the car left California yet. I have seen some delivery dates to North East Ohio as fast as 7 days. I have scheduled September 25th off work, hoping the car would be ready. I have also told my DS I can leave work when ever the car is ready.

Does any know how often the train departs? Once per week? Twice per week?

- - - Updated - - -

"contacted my ds"*

I heard back from my DS and he said the car has left California and with the current logistics it should be ready during the week of 9/21.

Spoke to DS and she gave me conflicting info...Stated that my S85D went into production on 8/31 and is currently being painted...now giving me updated delivery date of October 5. 1) Very anxious to get car, 2) Not understanding process...DS said 8/28 was confirmation date(?), 8/31 entered production and that was early(?), said that most likely delivery would be 2nd week of October but they were going to try to get delivered by 10/5(?). So website was completely off? I thought painting had to be done first? So VIN # has nothing to do with place in line? Who most likely has correct info?

Update
Production Complete/In Transit-9/9
Estimated Delivery went from Late Sept-Early Oct to Oct 7-21
Maybe on same train with ceresma

S85, #102770

Aug 11: Ordered
Aug 18: Confirmed
Aug 25: In production queue
Aug 27: Building

Sep 9: In transit from the factory
Estimated delivery: Sep 17 - 24 to the West Palm Beach Service Center in South Florida.

I assume that they are sending via car since I've heard of trains taking 3-4 weeks to cross the country.

I ordered a S85 (RWD, so... that means no 'D' in the model name, right?).

Ordered: 8/16
Confirmed: 8/24
Production: 8/31
Currently My Tesla is showing delivery dates between 9/9 - 9/22. I'm currently planning a pickup in Rocklin, CA... but heck, I'd consider going down to Fremont too.
My Tesla website shows production officially complete as of today (9/9). I was offered pickup at the factory on Saturday (9/12), but I'll wait until 9/15 for delivery in Rocklin.

Ordered 8/12
Confirmed 8/19
Production 8/28
Desperately wanting like Better than Ezra 9/10

Sadly, remains in production still today. Contacted DES regarding longer than typical/recent production. I must be lowest priority batch for the U.S. and on the right tail of the production length histogram so neatly presented earlier in this thread. Already got pushed back once from 'Late Sept' to 'Sept-Early Oct' which is too bad as I'll have to extend my current lease (on a non-Tesla). Jinx (70D, VIN minus 43, same order date, destination: Ohio) must have gotten into an earlier batch done a week earlier-- color me jealous!

70D | Midnight silver | 2nd gen seats | Cold weather | Destination: Minnesota

My estimated delivery date on the web site is still Sep 3-17, despite the fact that it is now Sep 10. Seems like they could narrow that down some. DS is saying maybe 17-18th. At confirmation it was late August so definitely some slippage.

Ordered 8/12
Confirmed 8/19
Production 8/28
Desperately wanting like Better than Ezra 9/10

Sadly, remains in production still today. Contacted DES regarding longer than typical/recent production. I must be lowest priority batch for the U.S. and on the right tail of the production length histogram so neatly presented earlier in this thread. Already got pushed back once from 'Late Sept' to 'Sept-Early Oct' which is too bad as I'll have to extend my current lease (on a non-Tesla). Jinx (70D, VIN minus 43, same order date, destination: Ohio) must have gotten into an earlier batch done a week earlier-- color me jealous!

70D | Midnight silver | 2nd gen seats | Cold weather | Destination: Minnesota
Think all cars exiting the production Q after the 9th may be shipped via truck so you may only have to wait 3-4 days vs train time of 3 weeks.

85D, VIN# 103622, Confirmed 8/25, Production 9/2. Impatiently waiting :)

Update: 9/10/15 Your model S is being prepared for Pickup or Delivery. Of course my DS is out till next Monday. How long does this step usually take? I'll be picking it up at the factory....

Thanks,
Eric

Latest: Tesla site showing

Estimated Delivery

September 12, 2015 - September 19, 2015

Last edited:
P90D
Ordered 8/18
Confirmed 8/23 (#103731)
In Production 9/1 (very fast!)
No estimated delivery date shows. I assume it should be on the same "My Tesla" page as the vin # and status.

Also, does anyone know the frequency of trains to the east coast (I'm in Maryland)? Or when the last or next train is expected to depart California? Mine should be ready to go early next week.

According to DS, production complete on 9/11. He says delivery late September or early October. No estimate on My Tesla web site.
Website updated on 9/14 showing "Production Complete. Your Model S is in transit from the factory."

One step closer....