Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still in production, 24 days, but my estimated delivery date has changed from "Late Nov - Dec" to 12/19/15 - 1/2/16". Not sure why it has been in production so long.

Very strange that it has been in production for a long time. My experience has been that once it gives you the 2 week window, you are in the final stages of production and it will likely switch over to In transit within the next half-day and give you a one week window. You're getting close. Congrats!

I would rather my car spend more time in production than having to deal with the headache of finding issues after delivery, to be honest.

- - - Updated - - -

Pickup scheduled for tomorrow at 1pm ET! I'm incredibly excited!

Congrats Vigile!! Good luck truing to sleep tonight. I know another owner that will take delivery tomorrow. Excited for both of you guys!

Ordered - 11/16 - Vin # assigned - 11/22/15 - 5YJSA1E29FF118208 - Estimated delivery late December 17th through December 31st.

Model S 90D, All-Wheel Drive, Range Upgrade, Pearl White Multi-Coat Paint, All Glass Panoramic Roof, 19" Wheels, Black Next Generation Seats, Carbon Fiber Décor, Matching Yacht Floor, Black Alcantara Headliner, Supercharger Enabled
Autopilot Convenience Features, Premium Interior and Lighting, Smart Air Suspension, Ultra High Fidelity Sound, Subzero Weather Package

Upgrade from Signature Model S.

Started Production 12/1/15 - 8 Days after confirmation things are moving quickly at Tesla!

My 7-day delivery window opens tomorrow, and I haven't heard a single thing from Tesla or my DS. I know they're delivering a lot of cars, but it's not THAT many for my particular pickup location or DS, how about an email, phone call or text? For this much money you'd think they could afford some sort of communication...

Vin#114366 confirmed October 24, delivered today to sc, picking up tomorrow at 0900am!! Wohooo!

85d, mc red, air, pano, sound, nexgen seats, autopilot.

Autopilot to me is the compelling reason for upgrading along with tacc.

Selling my vintage 60 2013 vin 7677 to private party. Will have two briefly. Glad to get briefly before a trip to Vegas!

Vin#114366 confirmed October 24, delivered today to sc, picking up tomorrow at 0900am!! Wohooo!

85d, mc red, air, pano, sound, nexgen seats, autopilot.

Autopilot to me is the compelling reason for upgrading along with tacc.

Selling my vintage 60 2013 vin 7677 to private party. Will have two briefly. Glad to get briefly before a trip to Vegas!

Stayed with MC red I see. I did the same :).

Congrats! When is that relative to the delivery window on my.teslamotors.com, and how long ago did your DS contact you?
Window originally 7to 21 Dec. I'm told that the train was early allowing for delivery on the third ahead of schedule. I have pretty much been in touch with them throughout so I can't say if there was a time I was not in touch with the service center staff.

Yes people won't know I even got a new car haha.

Almost went with blue. I like the red too much

We couldn't decide on red or blue. 1st MS was blue and DS called today saying we need to pick up our 2nd red MS within the next week. The red MS left factory today and will hopefully be there for delivery this weekend but if not, we can pick it up next weekend. We tried to delay picking up the MS till after Xmas because we are going on vacation for a week, but they said they couldn't hold it at the SC that long.

So we will have a his (blue) and a hers (red) color in our garage soon. Thinking of naming the blue "Lightning" and the red "McQueen." My 6 years old son is the biggest Cars movie fan...possible vanity license plate for the red one with "Kachow."

Picked mine up yesterday afternoon and I love it!! Disappointed that it was a cloudy, rainy day, but its still an awesome day!!

Now, I am the airport going on a 3-day trip with my new car sitting in the garage! lol

2015-12-01 14.37.22.jpg
2015-12-01 14.36.20.jpg
2015-12-01 14.36.00.jpg
2015-12-01 14.35.40.jpg
2015-12-01 14.35.29.jpg
2015-12-01 14.35.19.jpg

Gorgeous car Vigile! Congratulations.

Can you do me a favor? Take a look at your front bumper just beneath the passenger headlight. Look just below and to the left of the ultrasonic sensor. Can you tell me if you see a slight indentation on the bumper? I think I can see it in the last picture because the reflection is distorted. There is also a symmetric one on the driver side, but the one on the driver side should be less pronounced.

I saw this in my car and reported it to my service center and they are going to try and fix it and worst-case order me a new bumper. He found another vehicle with a similar VIN that also had it in their shop. It's very strange because it's not on any of the older cars. I believe there was a change in manufacturing that is causing this problem -- but they are coming off the line like this. Yikes!

Anyway, I would recommend you point this out if you are concerned about it.